ITT: Things you're ashamed to admit on Veeky Forums

>I don't do squats or deadlifts because they take up too much of my workout

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GkkXeL-WP2I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is bullshit are you actually retarded?
You don't want to do some of the most effective exercises and would rather do less effective ones because they take up too much of your workout? Makes zero sense?

this
>hurrdur squats take up too much of my workout
>proceeds to do lunges, leg extensions, leg press and leg curls
fag

OP went full retard
What's next?, are you going to tell us you dont eat oats?

>quite poor
>Own kettlebells
>Work out entirely with kettlebell
>I don't do kettlebell bench presses or other traditional barbell variants because they don't strike me as nearly compound enough.
>Don't do Turkish Getups because they take up too much of my workout

It's okay OP I totally understand that we all have our quirks.

Kettlebell bench is a bit useless unless you really want your pecs to grow, OHP is much better.

I quit squatting and now I really enjoy lifting. I never made any progress with the exercise save for two hernias. I spent 16 months trying and never made it to 185lbs. All of my other lifts progressed per expectations so I just quit.

I absolutely hate squats but I still do them because I don't want to be a leglet or have a small ass

I don't do squats because I'm not flexible enough and I don't want to snap my shit up because of minor form mistakes

my whole workout is squats, deadlifts, pullups, pushups, overhead press 50 mins every day with no rest days for hte last 3 years
i dont care if thats a bad work out because it feels great

DUBS CITYYYYYYY

used to squat 3x a week now i keep it at 3 sets per week

I do indeed want my specs to grow a bit - so I guess I really should incorporate those after all. Three of the sets in my routine, (clean & press and two others I don't know the names of have) something very much like an OHP.

I can guarantee your lifts are shit.

post body

I lift and run to take my mind off my crippling depression and loneliness

oh wait you said on Veeky Forums and not everywhere else

I've never stepped into a real gym in my life

I hate bulking it's expensive as shit unless you want to eat the same fucking meal everyday

im 160 lbs with a 320 squat and 380 ish dl
i dunno how i hold up against others but im fine with my numbers

Well depending on what bells you have you can do one-armed floor press (or with two bells) or, if the bells is really heavy, narrow two-handed press.

I forget to activate my almonds

and a large portion of my accessory work is just core work in disguise

I don't do cardio or even lift at all, because it takes up too much of my workout

>and a large portion of my accessory work is just core work in disguise

this tbqh

I just work my core hard af after every workout, I literally do not care about arm size, I do chinups for the core activation

I don't breathe because it takes up too much of my day.

I don't open my eyes in the morning because i'm just going to close them tonight anyway

>Mad t-rex

Honestly though, what kind of faggot ass excuse is that. I'm mad because they are actually good exercises and you "can't find the time".

Yeah, not having the time is kinda weird reason

I only get an hour each morning and between doing a mix of bench, curls, OHP, chin-up, lat work, leg press, rowing and cardio, I don't have the time to spend doing either. And if I'm honest, I don't find squats very rewarding.

If you're doing only bench and such every morning then you're only going to fuck yourself up, you could jump on a PPL routine that would fit each morning.

Let's get real, you just skip those lifts because you're a little bitch and this is just you're excuse.

Well my workout's are also only an hour long, but I don't do any cardio in that time so that could be a thing.

>I don't find squats very rewarding

absolute madman

I don't do deadlifts because I don't know the form and feel I'd look dumb warming up with just the bar

I don't sleep
Cause sleep is the cousin of death

and an in-law of hot water

Are you me?

I fucked up my back in high school doing bent over rows with bad form since I was a retarded kid trying to do SS like fit told me. I've done sports my whole life but for some reason I'm not flexible enough to do a bodyweight squat without either leaning too far forward or falling backwards on my ass.

I need to find somewhere where I can get regular one on one training for squatting and deadlifting because I know I'll just hurt myself again if I try to do it on my own. I actually love the feeling of squatting afterwards when I feel the sweet, sweet, soreness, but I can feel it fuxcking up the nerves in my upper back because of me leaning forward too far.

I recocnize how great squatting and deadlifting is and want to do it but I don't want to make my health and fitness worse by injuring myself because I don't know what the hell I'm doing and need someone to physically put their hands on my body and give me immediate correction when I do something wrong and give me flexibility exercises to do at home.

Well, kinda, except I fucked up my back trying to lift my sister (who weighed between 60 and 80kg) when I was 6 years old, also she was like 20

I did manage to lift her from the ground though so there's that

Thank yoi. I've got a variety of weights so I'll try some out and see what feels like it works best.

I only eat rice krispy cereal with almond milk for almost every meal except on sundays, when I eat chinese food for dinner. It's given me wicked bad diarrhea but my gains are going up up up.

I don't do squats and deadlifts because I'm a hamplanet and am scared I'll fuck up my knees.

The only time I browse Veeky Forums is after a workout. I feel like I don't belong on this board until I workout.

my "leg day" consists of back squats then traps/bis/abs

What the fuck am I reading

I hate working out back

I'm actually straight but love the gay bros mirin.

I agree it is even better than the girls.

> not doing a lift because you dont want to look dumb in front of other people

Kill you're self lad

I lie about how long I've been lifting and how serious I've been lifting because I look like shit thanks to short muscle bellies and an inability to stop eating fried food

>because they take up too much of my workout
You don't have to do anything else if you do them. They replace all the silly isolations you waste your time with

i have been lifting for 4 years total

i very rarely do legs, but they are not chicken sized because i do manual labor. i went into the gym a few weeks ago and tried deadlifting for the first time and could only do 275 pounds

My confession is that I dont actually even lift I just do cardio and random machines every other day when I go to the gym.

>start PPL after 4 mos SS for New Years resolution
>6 mos later ive modified it to the point its unrecognizable from its original state
>pull day is basically Deadlift and deadlift assistance/variation work
>somehow crammed smolovjrs 12 week squat program into my "PPL"
>push day is basically bench amd bench variations, tricep work and OHP
>squatting everyday

In my head im still on a PPL

I hate squats, I can't nail down my form and I'm afraid of snapcity so I just quit them altogether
shame

do the leg press, plate loaded sled

people meme it all the time but it hits quads like a motherfucker, and if you put your feet higher and wider on the platform it hits the back of the legs too

I also quit bench press, useless exercise
I just do incline dumbbell press

trust me dude you have chicken legs

thanks

>The only lifts I do is squats, deadlifts, calf raises, and lunges because I'm a runner.
Oh wait, I'm not ashamed of that--only Veeky Forums is. Nevermind.

I dropped squats for leg press and actually enjoy leg day now and have finally made some leg gains.

Squats are just so incredibly uncomfortable no matter what position I do them in

The only lifts I do are squat, bench, overheadpress, deadlifts, and rows, no accessories, because I'm lazy. I think this is enough though.

i dont think they're that small

looks like the legs of someone who deadlifts 275

Add in dips and pull-ups, then your routine would be perfect.

They're tiny.

they are bigger than the average person's legs who doesnt lift or do physical labor

Doesn't make them not tiny, my friend.

Post 6 y/o pics

Never do abs or cardio. Ever.

1-2 light beer/night
Medium extra cheese extra pepperoni pizza every friday night

>Never activate my almonds

OHP in the squat rack. always

The delusion

If the flexibility issues stem from your calves and you feel like you're going to constantly fall backwards, put 5lb plates under your heels. It will increase your mobility quite a bit. This will allow you to work on your squats and lower body mobility at the same time. After a while you can skip the 5lb plates.

enjoy your crushed thumbs and fat ass, kiddo

>Crushed thumbs

wat

Kek

It's my shoulders, I can't hold the bar without pain, even with the widest stance ever

How close are your hands to the bar?

I don't actually know what I'm doing

>

>How close are your hands to the bar

how close are your hands to your neck on the bar?

As far away as possible

youtube.com/watch?v=GkkXeL-WP2I

This video helped my squats quite a bit. Not the weight I was lifting, but getting full ROM and not feeling sore afterwards

That's your problem breh. When you pull your hands in tight, it makes your traps turn into a shelf and tightens up your back. Bringing your hands in will help big time desu

Bruh how do you not find squats rewarding? Compounds=Alpha as fuck T levels

I watched the video this guy posted

I can maybe get a broom handle slightly behind my head like that, just maybe

Sounds like you've got super tight shouldies bud. Loosen that shit up and I bet your squats will be significantly better

Indeed I do

I don't think my shoulders have been relaxed in the past 4.5 years

Do some googling bro, there's tons of stuff you can do to loosen up. Squats may only majorly target the legs but it's definitely a full body movement. Godspeed, user.

I secretly lift with the hopes I will be approached by a girl, or that at least my oneitis will recognize me as mate material

If I get 11, I'll eat 11 scoops a day for the entire next week, CMON BABE

now THATS a shitpost

Now THIS is shitposting

>have gf
>hate spending time with her

She's so annoying bros.

That's a 1% chance m8.

worth a shot

wouldn't have been great for my wallet tho

Come on 11 incoming

Up until today, I was calling all of my leg muscles the wrong thing. I thought "hamstring" was the lower back part of my leg and "quadricep" was the upper back part of my leg.

No wonder explanations of "do this exercise to activate this muscle" never made any sense to me.

that's what everyone who says >tfw no gf doesn't understand, girls can be annoying as fuck

Right. They just want some pussy to validate them as a man.

I lowered my SS sets on squats to 3x5 because I hit my knee a couple of months ago and it still hurts if kept bent for a while.

I'm a noob who works out at home and doesn't even understand what that PLUxLPPx stuff even stands for besides something to do with exercises on days, so I just do the same 8 exercises 5 days a week.

push-pull-legs

but doing fullbody routines as you do is perfectly fine, and many beginner and advanced routines are designed that way. Read e.g. casey butts beginner routine.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm looking into it now.

I friendzoned a girl at the gym without realizing it