Hiya Veeky Forums I'm going to build a squat rack today. Any good designs you have seen...

Hiya Veeky Forums I'm going to build a squat rack today. Any good designs you have seen? Ease of assembly and not leading to my death would be ideal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6dy5eyMDt3c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not leading to my death would be ideal
I'm afraid no such thing exists

I would feel safer with one or two band clamps near the top.

Seems like a problem with those would be that there's not enough weight on the bottom.

I have pic related and they're hard to tip over if you have weight loaded on the bottom (they'll wobble a bit but not tip over... hasn't been an issue.)

>local homosexual found dead in some kind of guillotine like device
>last heard screaming LIGHT WEIGHT BABY

I done got wood and beer

Just balance a barbell on two ladders

Id imagine to reinforce it...a lot. Like OP pic but with more base support

jesus christ why did I think it was a good idea to only have a hand saw

>drinking anything other than water/whey/BCAAs
>making it
choose one and only one, loser.

youtu.be/6dy5eyMDt3c

wtf they say 4-500lbs? howtf do they not specify? What if I want to squat somewhere between 4-500lbs???

hey op i found some useful blueprints for you

>scooby pls help me

those are not blueprints.

one: not on blue papaer (you think they're just called that for no reason, faggot?)

two: no dimensions

three: no construction instructions

result: total failure. use your squat rack on yourself.

>not drinking whatever the fuck you like and fitting it to your macros

NEVER GONNA MAKE IT

kek

Check the comments, maybe someone has tested it out? You could probably use more wood to make it even sturdier.

Denver in the house nigga

height check!

Have fun

>5'6"

here's the one I built. good luck OP

Here's your (you)
You're forcing the meme too hard.
Kill yourself.

Hey , he is referencing

he means 400-500 lbs

make the same as your pic but out of sleet and with a larger base or bolted to the floor

no shit u fucking idiot

God you're stupid

I used home made squat stands out in my backyard when the weather was nice instead of going to the gym a couple of years ago. They do the job, but learn to dump the bar by practicing with a weight you can handle.

Also, benching in such a set-up is really and truly stupid if you're pushing anything over 2 wheels for reps. Even less would be dangerous if you're skinny or weak.

WHEW had to run to home depot and get brackets. IT WORKS! Though the lateral stability is shit, gonna add some cross bars tomorrow. Not sure yet where to place it so it doesn't interfere

That's a fucking deathtrap user. Those brackets will not hold under significant load.

Here's mine

See that babby-weight? Racking anything over lmao1plate is ridiculously dangerous with this setup.

I know because I built these with the buckets of concrete at first as well. I quickly realized how shit it was, and I made a half rack with safeties out of wood instead.

I still ended up purchasing a steel power rack a year later.

You delusional fucks will either never get strong or you will outgrow this stupid shit within months like I did.

dangerous as fuck