Sons of Virginia, of Kentucky, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me...

Sons of Virginia, of Kentucky, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of southern men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of confederacy, but it is not this day. An hour of carpet-baggers, and shattered chains when the age of slavery comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, FIGHT! MEN OF THE SOUTH!

>Gets BTFO one charge later

Nice try with the LOTR reference though.

There are three main differences between Theoden and Pickett:

>Theoden charged using heavy cavalry, Pickett charged using infantry
>Theoden wasn't fighting an entrenched position, the orcs weren't armed with rifles and cannons
>The rohirrim were outnumbered 4:1 and won. Longstreet's men were about equal in number to their enemy, and suffered a devastating defeat.

This is Aragorns speech at the Battle of the Black Gate homie.

Ah, whatever. Don't know why OP would use the speech from a last stand instead of the speech from a charge.

>I didn't think it would end this way...
>End? No the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls backs and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it.
>What Jackson? See what?
>White shores and beyond... A far green country under a swift sunrise.
>Well... That isn't so bad.
>No... No it isn't...

NOW WITNESS THE POWER OF THIS FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL NUCLEAR PROGRAM

>I can’t do this, Pat.
>I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Hindman. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Hindman, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
>What are we holding onto, Patrick?
>That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Hindman… And it’s worth fighting for.

>After a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing

>Roughly 10k = 20k+ Union with twice the available cannon

could they not have lived without niggers pickin their cotton

>gets called "our Himmler"
>is an even bigger piece of shit than Himmler on a personal level

What does he mean by this?

Unironically teared up

>The Age of Confederacy is over...the time of the Yankee has come.

hitler was a meme master on the level of Johann.

>When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all

>Something wonderful has happened. Peter... I'm pregnant.

>That's... Th-that's wonderful.

>What are we gonna do?

>Were not gonna worry about anything right now. Alright? This is a happy moment. The happiest moment of my life.

you ruin every thread

Goddamnit Jeff Mangum, can you at least keep it Lord of the Rings related?

>Jackson! Take your Brigade down the left flank. Longstreet, follow the battle flag down the center. Stuart, take your company right, after you pass the wall. Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Virginia! Muskets shall foul, bayonets shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises! Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending! Death! Forth, Dixie!

I liked that one

Have a bump

>What are we holding onto, Patrick?
>slavery, and states' rights (to own slaves)

>bayonets shall be splintered!
bent*

Beautiful

>"Every man able to carry a rifle has been sent to the armory. Mien Führer?"
>"Who am I, Bormann?"
>"You are our Führer, mien herr."
>"And do you trust your Führer?"
>"Your volk, my Führer, will follow you to whatever end."
>"To whatever end."

>"Where are the panzers and the 5th army? Where are the flags over Nuremberg?"
>"They have passed like snow over the Ardennes. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the Siegfried line, into shadow."

>"How did it come to this?"

>How did it come to this?

Don't poke the bear if you don't want to get bit.