So my neurologist says that my wrists are so thin that even a moderate amount of inflammation (I play alot of video...

So my neurologist says that my wrists are so thin that even a moderate amount of inflammation (I play alot of video games because ugly khv, broke af, etc) would be enough to cause pain because there's just not enough volume to compensate.

He suggested I get fat, half-jokingly. (I'm 5'7'' 145lbs btw)

Would this work, though? If I gained some weight and started lifting weights again could I potentially add some inches in my forearm region so that there's more room for my shit to run through without running into one another causing nerve compression and stuff?

Pic related, my 6 inch wrist.

If anything wouldn't the fat just take up more room?

My wrists are 7.5 inches, is this good?

Idk, that's why I'm asking. My neurologist did verbatim say
>get fat
though

What does the width of your wrists have to do with the pain you'd get from videogames?

Carpal tunnel is caused by tendon inflammation, even if you bulked on weight it would make zero difference.
He was making a comment in jest, don't take it seriously.

Are we talking about the carpal tunnel? I see no way gaining weight would help the issue whatsoever. Your neurologist sounds like a complete retard. See a competent physiotherapist instead.

On a side note, you don't play a lot of video games because you're broke - you're broke because you play a lot of video games. Just something to think about.

Nah, nerve tests all came back 100% fine.

Saw an occupational therapist, didn't really help that much.

Saw an orthopedist, gave me a steroid injection in my wrist and it didn't really do shit.

Have you done wrist flossing exercises?

I occassionally get numb in my pinky and ring finger, wrist flossing helps with that

should probably start doing that again

>gave me a steroid injection in my wrist
On what basis? Did you just get a shot and then he just hoped for the best?

Flossing works well for nerve related stuff.

Yeah I've been stretching a year now. It sorta helps.

Well he gave me the shot where I felt the most pain to see if it would help (if it did it would narrow down potential diagnoses or whatever).

Le only true gamers would understand xdd
Btw i train with a logitech whatever xddd

Can't you like just use a big wristband? one of those that gather sweat?

>where I felt the most pain to see if it would help
Pretty crazy considering the fact that such an injection is such powerful shit you can't have more than two in a year.

It hurts when I use my hands period, including lifting weights (have to cut what I think I can lift by like 30%).

It's not just my wrist being compressed.
?
I just like to play games, I make no claim to being a "gamer" and have never owned any gamer apparel/social badges to flaunt my gamer status, ever in my entire life.

It's something I sincerely like to do in my spare time, I don't need other people to know about it to have fun with my hobby.

I have two of them.

I used to wear them all the time but now I don't have to; I lost a significant amount of strength wearing them so much.

Why the fuck do you have a neurological doctor giving you advice about body mass?

try playing with a controller
you move your wrists much less

Yeah, this is true.

What sucks is that I'm primarily a PC guy, but it is what it is.

idk, maybe like someone else said he was joking. He sounded half-serious though, like I said.

But he just said the reason I was experiencing so much pain in my wrists was because I'm such a thin guy.

Can still connect a controller to PC, and most games work with it.

Yep, that's what I've been doing.

i have the same problem and i'm skinnier than thou. (5'6" 130lbs).

my chiropractor told me to do these exercises where i twist like an 8lb dumbell while resting my forearm on a table and letting my hand hang over. seems to help.

climbing does, too. builds muscles around that area.

I'm a turbo 110lbs nerd and never had wrist problems. Odd.

Look at the muscle anatomy of your wrist. The muscle belly is way up near the elbow. The only thing passing through your wrist is the tendon, which is not the part that gets huge with exercise.

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that this means your wrist size is largely dependent on the spacing of your bones (i.e., genetics). I don't think any amount of wrist curls will make your wrists bigger.

You'll totally get Popeye forearms, though

I have similar sized wrists, and having been between 165 and 205(6') at various points, I can tell you "getting fat" isn't going to help. It's the size of your bones and tendons that affect the strength of your wrists, just pure volume won't help. Do things like forearm rollers and farmer's walks for stronger tendons, squeeze a stress ball whenever your watching TV to stretch tendons out, and have proper desk ergonomics to prevent injuries from happening at all. All this being said, my thin wrists have never caused me an issue with anything other than bar stability on benchpress/OHP.

>So my neurologist says that my wrists are so thin that even a moderate amount of inflammation (I play alot of video games because ugly khv, broke af, etc) would be enough to cause pain because there's just not enough volume to compensate.
any person with any inflammation should feel some sort of discomfort associated with the inflammation.

>He suggested I get fat, half-jokingly. (I'm 5'7'' 145lbs btw)
that's not a bad weight for you - at all. he sees you more as unhealthy than anything.

>Would this work, though? If I gained some weight and started lifting weights again could I potentially add some inches in my forearm region so that there's more room for my shit to run through without running into one another causing nerve compression and stuff?
dude.

doctors are not always right. sounds like op left with more confusion.

Your neurologist gave you advice on a problem with your wrist.

That's like your physiotherapist giving you advice on how to deal with the brain injury you have.