Hey Veeky Forums, this is my first time on this board; pretty much I'm looking to get a bicycle...

Hey Veeky Forums, this is my first time on this board; pretty much I'm looking to get a bicycle. There's a Dick's Sporting Goods near where I live so I'm on their website trying to find a bicycle on there but I don't really know what I'm doing. I haven't had one since I was a kid so I'm really out of my element.

My price range is a maximum of $250 USD. I don't know if this matters, but I'm male, 20, 5'-5", 200 lbs (fat, not muscle). I don't plan on taking it off-road.

Other urls found in this thread:

buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5615003086.html
buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5619812514.html
buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5584523505.html
buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5601239250.html
buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5605035867.html
buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5603681865.html
buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5615046711.html
buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5572209984.html
buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5569097751.html
sheldonbrown.com/beginners.html
bikesdirect.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Look on craiglist, kijiji, or local china town to try adn find a used bike.
Get a road bike, get some fenders a rack and a pannier. This makes commuting easy and free exercise. Learn to do basic maintenance, and wear a helmet.

I'm worried I'd end up getting a shitty bike if I got it used. I usually feel more comfortable getting new shit but I'll look into it.
Fenders are just for protecting the wheels, right? Yeah, I'll do that.
I hadn't considered the rack and pannier but I like the idea so I can bike a lot farther. I'll try to learn basic maintenance too. Thanks.

As long as the frame is solid, and the brakes work, don't worry too much about it. You can always upgrade parts later.
Get full fenders, so when you ride when its wet outside, you protect the bike and your clothes. I commute and do errands get around on my bike, I ride 100km a week minimum.
It's the fastest way to get around the city since I live downtown.
>pic related, that's mine

I just found this on my local Craislist. It doesn't look awful. What do people think?
buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5615003086.html

buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5619812514.html
this looks alright, this a road bike.
The one you posted is a mountain bike.

Also found these:
buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5584523505.html

buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5601239250.html

buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5605035867.html

buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5603681865.html

buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5615046711.html

buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5572209984.html

buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/5569097751.html

Are any of these a particularly good deal?

That looks like it requires more work than I'm going to be able to do off the bat and I want to go riding this week. I'm completely mechanically challenged.

If you want a bike like that you should be on /mu/

Literally first search result on Google for "bicycle" and the thread needed an image.

so I don't get it

Your height matters but not so much your weight, look for 52cm frame size +-1cm

sheldonbrown.com/beginners.html

I highly recommend you check out Sheldon's site senpai. Local bike shops (especially those near colleges) will sometimes have used bikes for sale.

bikesdirect.com

I got my bike here a few years ago for $200 on sale. Single speed road bike - super low maintenance - couldn't be happier with my purchase. Also, watch out for hipsters.

I've narrowed it down to these four. Are any of these over/underpriced, a good model/year/whatever? Should I just go with the cheapest and they're all about the same if I'm not a bicycle connoisseur?

just buy a fucking bike, what is it with you fatties who spend more time thinking and less time fucking doing.

Home depot?

Post on the Bike Buy General BBG on

Blue one is way too big. GMC might fit. Others probably wont.

damn what the fuck dude i'm doing it this week god forbid i don't want to buy an overpriced piece of shit. like why even come in and post then?

This isn't a sporting goods purchase support group.

if you want a bike to go off road make sure you dont one in the pic. You want one with some decent gears and possibly some suspension. Look up cheap mountain bikes, but desu you probs wont get a good one for $250

aight mods delete my thread

thanks bois i actually totally forgot there was a transportation board, the letter fucking n? really? Well thanks for those that helped me out. I think I'm going to go with the GMC one if that does sound better for my size, but I'll ask around on the proper board. As for the others, my apologies for mucking up your pristine crystalline Veeky Forums experience.

delete it yourself, faggot

I did try; it's been open too long. What a stupid rule.

How the fuck is this thread even real hahahaha just buy a bike hahaha like nigga go outside hahaha