What does Veeky Forums think about drug use?

What does Veeky Forums think about drug use?
Where on the graph would you draw the line?

Other urls found in this thread:

bmjopen.bmj.com/content/2/4/e000774.full.html#T1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love how alcohol is closer to crystal meth and cocaine than to cannabis

Source on graph?

bmjopen.bmj.com/content/2/4/e000774.full.html#T1

Because alcohol is more damaging to society and health than marijuana is?

everything below the line

Lines are stupid, I circled what I'm okay with. And I'm pretty sure someone on meth has more than a little slight increase in personal harm over a casual alcohol drinker.

2.7 on the X axis, no limit on the Y.

It's honestly easier to fatally overdose on alcohol than it is to fatally overdose on almost any other drug other than opiates and barbiturates

Pic related.

Nicotine is OK as an occasional treat. It's a lifetime smoking habit that will fuck you.

I have used Codeine to control pain, with a prescription before. Don't forget your laxatives, because it tightens up your asshole.

I don't drink more than 2 evenings a week, and never more than 2-3 pints except for very rare occasions. I don't think I'm going to drink today. Had a beer yesterday.

you're okay with meth but crack cocaine and heroin is pushing it too far?

How the fuck is methylphenidate orders of magnitude less harmful than amphetamine, meth and coke? It's the same shit.
Or do they mean "methylphenidate when taken as prescribed by the doctor"?

Better chart desu

>Where on the graph would you draw the line?

I've injected heroin and cocaine before, tbqh neither of them was particularly enjoyable, heroin was about 20% feelsgoodman, 40% sleepiness and 40% nausea, cocaine was like 5% feelsgoodman and 95% horniness but stimdick that made masturbating infuriatingly impossible

They're all completely different compounds.
Coke is an SNDRI, meaning it blocks serotonin, norepenephrine, and dopamine re-uptake, making you feel fucking great. It's also a mild local anesthetic, which is why it makes you feel numb.
Amphetamines cause the release of dopamine, and are SDRIs, selective dopamine reuptake inhibitors. They have a lower fatal dose too iirc.
Ritalin is a weak SDRI, and has an incredibly high fatal dose.

Tbh, I'm not against trying crack or meth, but I prefer the gentle stimulation of things like good coke or 2C-B, so I'd happily put the line anywhere between alcohol and heroin.

This graph covers less than one order of magnitude.

>inb4 i have a problem

I could be wrong senpai but to my knowledge Ritalin is a selective SNDRI that blocks noradrenaline and dopamine re-uptake(but not serotonin) whereas amphetamine is a phenylethylamine and therefore acts primarily by increasing circulating levels of catecholamines

Of course they don't all act exactly the same, but it's not like methylphenidate doesn't give you a good stimulating kick. It's only weak in the doses recommended for medical use, if you adjust the amount, a speed junkie will not feel short-changed for getting methylphenidate from his dealer.

You're probably right man. I don't know much about pharmacology, might take a course in it soon though.

It has much weaker side effects though. Amphetamines are far more addictive, and can fuck you up a lot worst than Ritalin can iirc.

Try not to laugh when the lecturer teaches you about COX inhibitors in class

Dunno bout that man. I hear trying to eat your own elbow can be pretty bad for you.

I'll try not to.
Anyone in this bread an addict?

All the following are fine in moderation. Obviously moderation is relative though.
Only talking about drugs ive tried

>Cannabis
its good at getting me to sleep, otherwise not all that fun

>magic mushrooms
cool shit, only done them twice though

>mdma
again, really fun. Shame the high only lasts about an hour or so

>codeine
only opiate ive ever tried. definitely felt something but it was nothing amazing

>cocaine
im a bit meh about coke. done it twice. its fun in a social setting but in my experience its limited to sociability. Dancing on coke was not fun at all.

>alcohol
really good at getting you fucked up without much negative impact on health. Can fuck with your gains and make you do stupid shit though

>ketamine
weird shit but fun. small doses are fun to dance on

>he even cropped it incorrectly
projecting 101 here lads

very very very very very conservative use I doubt is bad for you. Weed probably once or twice a week wouldn't be bad either

*This is not a recommendation or advice. I am not advocating to consume any drugs or illegal substances*

You have a problem.

I've had a mild stimulant addiction before, I never did anything crazy like suck dick for meth but I realised that I was doing shit like making excuses to avoid spending time with my friends and family so that I could spend more time getting high and jerking it to Chinese cartoons for 72 hours in a row

Anything that you can swallow is good for me

Smoking sometimes but I'd have hesitations injecting shit

My nigga.

Yup, sober addict here. 3 years since last drink, 1 year since last line and pill (I basically switched booze for Xanax and methylphenidate/amphetamine three years ago). Been to rehab, would recommend.

where does whey and creatine fit into this graph?

scooby pls

I smoke a lot of weed and drink occasionally

Weed makes me feel less like an autist

>cannabis
Use it to increase my appetite. Trying to quit as we speak

>mdma
Fucked around with it. Preferred pills to molly because it was like a scary surprise to see if it was cut with something

>LSD
Really fun, tried it in liquid, blotter and gel tabs. One of those drugs you have to dedicate an entire day to if you wanna have fun tho.

>Pain pills/barbiturates/etc
Fun and awesome but my family has a bad history with that shit. I try to avoid them now that I almost OD'd

>cocaine
Would do it a lot more if I had more money. Hate the comedown

>alcohol
Don't even enjoy it anymore. Just get drunk in social situations. Same with smoking cigarettes

Lsd yes
Mdma no?

Shit bro

me

What a shit graph, it hasn't got dank memes and shitposting on it

>Preferred pills to molly because it was like a scary surprise to see if it was cut with something
Be honest user, you preferred pills because most of them are cut with meth

>Weed
Use to smoke it thru the week some years ago. Made me totally unproductive and hang up with people alike.
Now only smoke the occasional joint with my buddies on a rock show or a barbecue.

>Alcohol
Same. Social drinker with buddies, sometimes a wine or beer with my gf. Never drink alone.

>mdma
>again, really fun. Shame the high only lasts about an hour or so

u wot m8

see and contribute lad

I'm pretty chill.

Probably got some high class fructose with cinammon instead

you are useless piece of shit

at least use drugs that make you feel good instead of just sleepy and lazy

template?

>be honest user you preferred pills because they were cut with meth

You got me lol

0/0

Lol

>Yes
Nicotine
Alcohol
Benzos
Opiates
LSD
Shrooms
>No
Weed
Cocaine
Ketamine
Ecstasy
Crack

>having an addictive personality

>Yes to Opiates
>No to Weed
huh?

I've had all those drugs except inhalants. That was years ago though. I just use snus and caffeine powder now. I work in an alcohol reward lab even though I never drank much.

>most people genuinely think heroin is different from other opioids

Because alchohol is literally a poison.
Just because everyone drinks it like water doesn't make it any less dangerous.

Anything on that chart is literally a poison, just to different degrees.

>5%

>hurrr i hit a joint once and got sleepy so it doesn't do anything
Maybe because you're dumb enough to buy shit weed?

MDMA, great, love to go out and party on it.
Poppers, great, love to have sex on it.
Shrooms, great, love to go out hiking on it.
Cannabis, great, love to listen to music and eat on it.
Alcohol, okay, if it's light/smooth, though somewhat expensive to get going on.
Light coke+ket, probably the least satisfying one I've tried, maybe I'm not doing enough but I can rarely get high off cocaine. Also hella expensive so fuck that.

Definitely wanna try LSD. Nothing else appeals to me on that list though benzos might be worth a try.

Not really worried about drug addiction since I'm too poor/cheap to ever get a substantial amount to get addicted on.

>Heroin beyond alcohol and meth

Jesus Christ pure heroin does basically no physical damage to any part of the body. And junkies are way more chill than alcoholics and meth heads.

Also LSD up that high

Double wew lad

>inhaled solvents before alcohol in personal harm

this chart is absolutely fucking retarded and you should feel bad for posting it

>lmao 0 ketamine
fagbois

This. All of the damage heroin does to your body, beyond potential impacted bowels because of constipation, addiction, or overdose, is related to the route of administration and/or the cut used to dilute it.

The unfortunate thing about heroin is that the bioavailability is shit orally so you basically have to take it some way that causes potential bodily harm unless you're fucking Khun Sa and can just shovel handfuls into your mouth.

>it's not about the harm the drug itself causes, its the lifestyle that comes with heroin abuse

idk why I greentexted that

If you're doing more than having a drink or two socially once or twice a month, then you're weak and need to take a hard look at your life and where you went wrong.

ITT: people who don't know jackshit about drugs

Yes to MDMA, LSD and ket, no to everything else. Might have a few cigarettes if I'm pinging.

look closely, there's no "physical harm" axis

>drinks socially
>other people are weak for using drugs that don't damage myelin for non social purposes

If I remember correctly, the paper it comes from had a variety of clinicians and psychiatrists in the UK give their personal rating for each drug across several scales.

I could be thinking of a different paper though.

that's about it

>having a vacation I can carry around in my pocket makes me a bad person

Haha look at this faggot

take psychedelics with reckless abandon, alcohol with caution, and mdma with extreme caution

Updated chart

I vape weed before a workout and I swear it makes me do more reps whether through placebo or otherwise.

Weed often
Psychs sparingly
Alchahol once in a blue moon
All others I've never tried and I'm not really interested but I'm honestly not above trying them if the opportunity arises. Well, probably never huffing...

This.

I smoke weed before I sleep to stop grinding my teeth at night.
Other then that I don't do any drugs.

yeah, seconding this. mustve got ripped off.

I love opiates but they fuck with gains

>cocaine
every day for the last 5 years

Other than that no drugs, although I did try meth 3 times. It just lasts way too long for me though so I couldn't make productive use of it.

fify

You want to know how I know this was made by some pot smoking, hallucinogenic downing hippie?

Green is safe with moderation. Yellow means it's safe at low, occasional doses or if it's used for a medical purpose. Everything else is shit and not worth it at any infrequency or low dose.

Fuck Alcohol was supposed to be green, stupid new Paint. I miss the old version that didn't pretend like it knew what you wanted.

>mdma not circled yellow or green

the misinformation about this drug is odd, considering how good it is

I'd recommend everybody try pot once in their lives. Beyond that, no, just no.

how can you afford coke every day?
are you an addict with a well paying job?
are you homeless?
what does your day look like?

>Nicotine
>Social harm
Smoker kills family of seven

>putting benzodiazepines past barbiturates on personal harm score
>drug class that was fucking created to be harder to overdose on and have fewer side effects than barbs is considered more harmful

>putting tramadol, which has a widely acknowledged seizure-threshold (i.e. you do more than a certain dosage and your chances of a seizure increase MASSIVELY) on the same level as codeine and dhc

Also to answer the question, have done everything on the chart except inhaled solvents but now only drink once every couple of months.

Have done weed,aphetamine,ecstacy,cocaine,meth,ghb and shrooms

So would be pretty high on chart lol