Is reddit's novice ppl a meme routine? Is SS a meme routine?

Is reddit's novice ppl a meme routine? Is SS a meme routine?

Reddit's PPL is a mess undeserving of meme status, SS is a good routine for up to the first 6 months of lifting

so what do you switch to afterwards?

>anything reddit
into the fucking trash it goes

why is the reddit ppl routine bad?

It depends entirely on what your goals are.

It's not, people here just love their super sekrit Veeky Forums club, and Reddit is the rival club. Reddit is generally a much better source of information.

fucking meme response

After you've maxed out linear gains on SS shift into a routine that meets your goals. For instance if you are after aesthetics you're going to want something with a little more upper body volume, such as PPLxULx or ULxULxx. If your going powerlifting mode you could try Texas Method or Candito6week or Candito Intermediate. These are just examples do whatever fits your goal.

It's shitty mainly because it's 6 days a week and this will result in natties never fully recovering between workouts, leading to extremely quick fatigue accumulation, less than optimal gains, and a greater risk of injury. If you're juicing go ahead, it's still not optimal but you'll be able to handle it.

What about the t-rex mode meme? Won't ss give us disproportionately large legs?

>Won't ss give us disproportionately large legs
That's going to depend on what you define as disproportionate. The fact of the matter is that the muscles of the legs are so much bigger than those of the arms, and if you develop your legs as much as your arms, somebody might actually find what's naturally proportionate to be "disproportionate".

Anyway, SS + the normally recommended assistance exercises (chins & dips) actually have just as much upper body work as lower body work, and that's even ignored the fact that power cleans and deadlifts work your back pretty hard.

Yeah if you do SS for years or do powerlifting based programs in general. 6 months, which is the MAX you should be doing SS for, is not long enough for you to go T-rex mode. If you're that worried about having disproportionate legs though you can add upper body accessory work to SS for additional volume.

>falling for lifting meme

im doing 6days ppl for like 3 months without any prior strength routine. should i change to ss and go back to ppl later?

Just do a brosplit and you'll be set

If you've been succesfully adding weight to the bar all this time, then there's no point going back.
If you haven't really gotten anywhere, then you may want to consider starting over.

my lifts are very low, but im progressing. I will stick to it I guess

If I want to go do a workout routine that is less time requirement ss is good?

If have no real "end goal" yet I would say it would be worth it to switch to SS and try maxing out linear gains, although since you having been lifting it will happen a lot quicker. Also if you do decide to switch take a fews days break to fully recover from what a 6-day PPL will do to you.

your all degenerates

Degenerates who can spell tho

>LOOK MOM IM DOING THE TROLE ON Veeky Forums XD

There's nothing magical about it, but it's a solid program. The main reason people recommend it so much is because of the book.
If you've already been training for some months, have gotten down the basics and gotten a feel for what you like and don't like, GSLP might suit you better.

since this is suddenly /ss/ general now what do you recommend if you don't do powercleans (form is too technical for my klutzy self)

It depends on what you're training for, and what you'd like to look like eventually. If you look at rugby and soccer players, you'll see people with big legs that manage to look pretty proportional. also has a point about how the leg muscles are much bigger than the upper body muscles, and thus will develop faster.
Another point that's often overlooked is that the people who cry about T-Rex mode and not being able to find jeans to wear are to some degree overweight, and think their fat-padded thighs are pure muscle. To put it on edge, look at Big Ramy, a bodybuilder renowned for his massive legs. Yeah, he can wear jeans, and can look proportional.
tl;dr T-Rex mode is a meme.

>the people who cry about T-Rex mode and not being able to find jeans to wear are to some degree overweight, and think their fat-padded thighs are pure muscle
This is very true. Same can be said for the people who whine about having an ass that's too big. Get lean and your "huge glutes" suddenly look way more proportionate.

And on a related note, people who do have well developed legs like to turn their feet out on pictures so their legs look even bigger, making beginners, who have no clue how posing works, think that they are in fact "t-rex mode".

There isn't really a substitute for cleans. I's say do the program as you always would while practicing form with the bar and very slowly working your way up. The form isn't that technical and you can always post videos asking for advice.

Tbh I want to go fridgemode

SS is good because it's efficient. you can do the base program in like 45 minutes once you know the movements. if your body is headed in a direction you don't like, you just add supplemental stuff to fill in the gaps

your body isn't an iphone. not everyone turns out the same way from a program. the point is don't be some autistic fanboy mong towards random internet strategy guides. you should at some point develop an understanding of your own body and be able to think for yourself when it comes to these things

you cannot magically become trex overnight. for that to happen you have to neglect paying attention to your body progression for a month+ straight

It looks harder than it is. Of course it takes some practice but that's true for all exercises - You don't just go in and nail it on your first day.
If you can't seem to figure out how to catch the bar, you can do high pulls instead. Those aren't technical at all and work both your upper and lower back hard, as well as having some carry-over to the deadlift.

Lean fridgemode is mostly dependent on frame, but if you don't have said frame husbando mode is probably still an option

last time I did it the entire gym swarmed my platform and tried to correct my form to no avail

as someone who is literally autistic I don't want to relive that

You're retarded. 2 days of rest for each muscle group is enough

Not a meme response at all.

An intermediate interested in bodybuilding would do a much different routine than somebody interested in plg or oly.

the common replacement is pendlay rows

>2 days of rest for each muscle group is enough
It's not that simple. At all. Don't call people retarded when you don't know what you're talking about it. There's more to it than that one article you read that one time.

Whats the difference between bearmode fridgemode and husbandomode?

You honestly think people can't work out 6 days a week?

The only meme is you

Thanks

Nope. But there are effective ways to do so and ineffective ways to so. And MPS is only one small part of that.

Any routine is a meme. Just make your own and make sure you're targeting nearly every part of your body and it'll work as long as you put the work in, it's planned semi decently, and you eat food.

Nice meme

I'm actually doing Reddit's PPL with some replacements for certain exercises (can post whole routine with replacements if anybody wants it), and I'm loving it. Strength gains have been undoubtedly slower than a full body or U/L due to programming, but the size gains have been great. If you want volume then it's great, but if strength is your focus then do a strength routine. Don't fall for the memeing that a strength routine will give you size.

how long you've been training? can you post the replacements?

Is doing 5x5 with rows instead of cleans just as memey? Can I add power cleans as a supplement? I'm 10 or so sessions in.

Been on it about four months, and was on an U/L previously. No pics though, sorry, I'm too paranoid to ever post them on Veeky Forums. Give me a little to post the replacements.

pretty sure SL has rows in it instead of PC by default

Ok here you are:

Pull (fewest changes here):

>did pendlay rows for the main row movement
>pullups

Push:

>replaced 3x8-12 incline dumbbell press with 3x8-12 cable chest flies
>replaced first 3x15-20 lateral raises with heavier 3x8-12 lateral raises
>replaced 3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions with 3x8-12 skullcrushers

Legs:

>replaced 3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift with 3x5 RDL
>replaced 3x8-12 leg press with 3x8-12 front squats
>replaced 3x8-12 leg curls with 3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift
>added 3xF calf raises at end

I also add in ab and forearm work when I have time.

Lol what the fuck is this periodization? This is basically a case-study for over-built routines.

thanks, and any reasons why did you change the exercises?

Mostly preference and trying to better balance strength and size goals. Also lacked equipment for leg press and hamstring curls.