MMA

Had my first MMA/cage fight today and lost. Anyone else lost recently? Any tips for bouncing back?

Pic slightly related

>any tips for bouncing back?

yeah, posting in

Hillbilly general?

How did you lose OP? Are you a wrestler? What is your specialty? Tell me more OP I'm interested.

how bad did you get your ass kicked out of 10

Kickboxer/striker, he took me the ground and i suffered badly. His take downs and ground game was just so much better. Feel like shit.

Amateur MMA is such shit, the rules are ridiculous and vary so much. Tell us how you lost OP. I lost a fight in a no contest for elbowing my opponent in the clinch myself.

Maybe you could adapt. Learn to sprawl and brawl. Make em pay for trying a takedown. The pressure that some grapplers put on you is tremendous. Maybe you just got to adjust your advantages to fight grapplers. It's easier to learn submission defense/Takedown defense than actually doing it. Where do you train? Do you have any grappling credentials?

Tapped from RNC. I fought his take downs off as best i could but i had no answer for them, then when i was tired i got chocked. On the feet i was doing ok. Need to work on my ground game.

Just feel like shit for losing.

Work on your take down defense and range so you're not on your back the entire match. Sprawl until you can't move and start working the "Loose Leg" to combat those single leg takedowns. Also start BJJ.

its fine, many greats lost their first fight and went on to become great

Haha loser.

That sounds like a plan. I'm trying not to let it get me down, but a loss is a loss.

You aren't gonna win them all m8. Having striking as your speciality in Amateur can be a bitch, I've seen in my experience that most matches end up being a wrestlefuck and end up in submission. The headgear coupled with the restrictions on elbows, kicks, and knees will really hurt you. What's your stats? Height, weight, reach

>when i was tired i got chocked
From both sides?

I found just using a side teep when they drop their hands/head for a takedown works.

I've lost matches as well man. The best thing to do is be honest with yourself. What was it that caused you to lose? Was it your endurance, did your striking not perform as well as you hoped, do you need to work on your ground game?

Look back and work through the fight analytically, single out the weak points which cost you and then run through them with your instructor time and time again until they are flawless.

Best of luck, report back after your next match.

Let me fill you in on something dude, losing happens, losing will always happens.

If you play video games when you lose do you just quit the game completely? Do you try new heroes or practice or just go in the game to have fun?

Get yourself a new outlook on this dude. It is a loss but you fucking still got in there and did mma.

I trained for years and if a ground game beat you then what you need to work on is your sprawl and ground game defenses.

Spar with a friend or a gym buddy and have him shoot in on you and work your sprawl till its a wall of pain for any wrestler or take down below the waist.

As for upper body take downs from judo and jujitsu work on defense. Make sure to not give them the under hooks they need, make sure to use elbows from the clinch when their guard gives and make sure to learn footing position to defend judo/jujitsu take downs in clinchs also learn to stomp feet with the heel of your foot, hard, break their fucking toes hard just dont get carried away because good fighters will try to predict when you go to stomp their toes after a couple times and try to throw you from it, its a good way to faint them out though.

If you tell me exactly how you lost I can coach you around it.

No... Fuck /asp/ the mods let it turn into. WWE shit hole.

You look at every single thread in there and its that man drama wrestling.

All MMA stuff will now be posted on Veeky Forums and it is fit related.

I have my first MMA fight coming up in August. Nervous as fuck, I have a lot of experience competing in BJJ (both gi and no-gi), but only been training muay thai for one year.

Hopefully it will work.

Actual good advice and has made me feel better. Thanks guys. Back in the gym tomorrow, evaluate, develop, and get back at it.

Thanks guys. I'll do better next time.

Funny considering more non-whites do mma and boxing than whites. Neither sport can be said to be a hill Billy sport.

You better hope that your takedowns Are legit or you're in a world of pain if the striker is experienced.

Godspeed user.

Got more advice. I saw that you lost to a rnc after running out of gas.

So we want the other guy out of gas too, there are veteran tricks to this and they work pretty well.

When you sprawl on him push down on him and always try to cover his nose with your forearm obstruct his breathing so it offs his breathing routine. This will also make him think of not shooting in after he catches the drift that everytime you come into contact with him youll suffocate his ass. For the clinch push your jaw against his face and press it into his nose or mouth. He will, I promise you move his fucking head a bit to breath. But keep this up and be mindful of defense. Soon he will start to realise that anywhere he goes youll take his breath away.

Since you are a stand up fighter, when you get him on the ground on top of him, try to be mindful of messing up his nose, or rubbing yoru arms across his face, or pushing your chest into his face. Too again, obstruct breathing.

If someone gets winded or gases, they stop breathing from the nose and open that mouth and the mouth guard means shit and they are easier to knockout out. Gives a stand up fighter better odds even in late rounds.

Second, learn to guard the rnc, bury your chin and hard then work on breathing techniques if you can defense his shitty ass rnc and he cant lock it in theyll stand the fight back up.

hope these tips help fit friend.

I'm not worried about my takedowns, more about my striking, I want to make use of them and not rely only on my BJJ techniques.

Check my post from earlier
use these techniques to obstruct breathing on your opponent.

Practice getting around sprawls.

Also another veteran sneaky tip. When in side mount, do your best to obstruct blood flow and air. Blood flow is from the arteries in the sides of the neck. If you constrict them it start to hault blood flow it fucks them up pretty bad because most trainf or rnc which is air flow, blood flow makes you feel light headed when yous tand up, makes you see those little star speckles and tells your body WTF IS GOING ON. and you can even pass out when standing.

Thanks senpai, will keep those in mind.

>inb4 user got a nak muay who has been training his kicks since he was 5 and now has shinbone harder than titanium

you probably didn't do your roadwork. OP do your roadwork.

watch film if there is any. if not talk to someone ask what they saw. also train for what you felt was weak. If you were a striker and fought a grappler train grappling. Just don't give up

>tfw I keep losing every fight I've ever had

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP LADS