Out for my ~4mile jog

>Out for my ~4mile jog
>Blazing hot, doing it shirtless, getting a tan, feels good
>On my cooldown walk last stretch back to my house
>Going around a corner
>Cute little girl walking across the street like a dumbass
>Truck going full speed around a corner (not a semi, just a truck)
>World stops as I consider my options
>Tired after long fucking jog
>Logically tell myself to run, pick her up, and keep running/jump
>Body sets in motion
>Almost there
>Brain tells me I ain't gonna make it and we're both gonna get hit
>Give up grabbing her
>Push that bitch from behind using my entire force/speed
>She goes flying, crisis averted
>I'm good, going to keep running and make it
>I FUCKING TRIP
>My gains flash before my eyes
>Shirtless slide on poorly maintained asphalt
>Truck runs over my calves
>Legs twisted and then run over, broke bones in both legs

My fucking gains fit. 8-10 weeks of not walking or working out. I'm in a WHEELCHAIR.
Nightmares. My legs may never be the same. All those years of hard work, gone. What do I do? How do I work the muscle and try to keep my gains as much as possible?

Will eating excess protein help? Maybe flexing the muscle so they don't atrophy as much?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/barbell_training_as_rehab
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

she suck yo cock tho right?

Did you get that fuckers info?

Post picture of wheelchair. They have newer models that work your leg muscles while you sit in them, with contractor/relaxor fits. If they gave you one of those, I can identify it.

Did you at least get to gibe that qt som hot criple action?

Real talk, you did well and should feel proud. Now take a year or so off of work, training and whatever and focus on learning new stuff like a new launguage, how to code, playing an instrument, anything. There are other kinds of gains than just physical.

at least you were a super hero and possibly saved someones life.

Jesus fucking Christ
You srs, user?

not op, but i read it little girl as underage

Post shattered legs pics

>implying

That is some Hemingway manly shit. You sacrificed your gains to save a life. You also now have the best third date story of all time. Just do your PT and start over. It will be worth it.

Pls post mangled legs as proof.

And?

summer's over, OP.

What color was the truck?

By cute and little I mean 10.
her sister thanked me and I got her number but it's only been a few days

I know how to program and stuff, but maybe I'll learn another language. I don't know if I can stop for an entire year though.

might get pictures if I can be bothered to hobble over to my phone

and, we aren't on /tv/

Perfect amount of time. Any longer might give the impression you are trying to play her.
And you wont come off as thirsty, because you are bored, stuck at home in a wheelchair with nothing better to do than hit her up.

Go for it user.
If you have the 'tism, just think of this as training to get rid of it - by talking to as many grills as possible.

If you dont have the 'tismo, then you're golden, pony boy

Thats what you get for being a white knight

pics of her sister

better have at least gotten a blowjob out of that shit, son

if not from her, then from her mom/dad

should teach you a valuable lesson about trying to save others. put yourself first.

Well shes definitely cute, and I'm only slightly socially retarded. Problem is how I feel is shit physically and mentally. I should be happy I saved someone but years of work potentially gone.

The thought of seeing a kid get mangled was enough motivation.

Did you sue the truck driver? You should milk this for as much cash as possible

how old is the sister?

>8-10 weeks of not working out
>years of work potentially gone

don't be stoopid

No. 100% the fault of the kid for walking across the street with no crosswalk. Truck driver helped pay my bills though, he wasn't at fault.

Years of work gone, sure.... but those years of work gave you the ability to do what you did. It was not in vain

Sometimes... gains are not just for show

a kid did get mangled tho

you'll get through user, stay strong

in a couple years tops you will remember this shit and you will feel as the hero you are, you are among the few people on earth who actually put their lifes on the line for someone elses, and that may sound stupid for some people but what if you were the person being saved? or your kid?

Nah she had bruises and some cuts.

Maybe. I hope I feel better about it later, because I feel like shit about it now. I'm sure it'll get better.
Just worried how long it'll take for recover and then to get back where I was.

he meant you user

Oh
I haven't been a kid for awhile.

Are your legs completely fucked or is there a chance for you to walk again? You did a great thing user

No, they're just broken bones. It was a clean break too, mostly.
If I was wheelchair for life I'd probably kill myself. They did tell me recovery will take awhile though.

So you're just gonna do upper body workout until your legs are all right ?

can you still do upper body stuff?

nothing is more alpha than wheelchair bro going into the gym and benching some big weight

you're going to be fine

startingstrength.com/article/barbell_training_as_rehab

I'm not sure how to go about that. I was told not to exercise outside of body weight, but I'd definitely go to the gym. Probably is setting up weights and stuff would be difficult.
maybe I'll go with someone

thanks for this I'll take a look

>Hey did i tell you how i rescued a little girl from getting ran over by a truck?

Gdam op you're going to get so much pussy with this story man

I just got forearm splints and was pissed off at my body but then I read this... I wonder how you feel.

Chest supported rowing, benching and pretty much all upper body isos don't really require legs (inb hurrdurr leg drahve)

Joe Swanson mode

I'll have to look in to that. Might be kind of awkward jumping out of a wheelchair to bench but I think I'll do it.
thanks Veeky Forums

Yeah really. Is this for real?

Just pretend it isn't and I need tips for not falling in to depression and upper body building.

why didn't you shout at her to gtfo the road

Wow I'm so proud of you user!!! That's such a great thing for you to do. I'm sure the sacrifice is worth saving a little girl's life. Her parents would be destroyed if they lost her.

Also don't worry. You will get your gains back. I just had ACL reconstruction. Just focus on upper body. When you start Physical Therapy, do everything they say. Let pain be your guide. My leg is still shitty 2mo later but I can walk around freely and climb stairs and even jog for 90 seconds (I couldn't even walk normally a month ago). I believe in you. You have your whole life to get your gains back and you will, along with me and other injured Veeky Forumsizens.

Don't forget, the kid you saved will one day turn 18 and will most likely want to thank her savior again *wink wink nudge nudge* knowwhatImean

Top fucking kek

Putting "Cute little girl" alongside that pic can be very misleading.

vis-à-vis:

Yeah, my bad. She is cute though.

That sucks brother. Hope it heals right. I have a saved another/hit by a truck story too but it's less heroic.

>18, at prom.
>Best friend gets absolutely wasted at after party, he's barely conscious so I give him a lift home
>At traffic lights, he drunkenly just gets out the car and wanders into oncoming traffic.
>Chase after him, push him out of the way of an oncoming semi just in time.
>Get clipped myself though.
>nothing broken but winded and bruised.
>In pain and furious at drunken friend,
>bundle him into car, drive him home.
>helping him to his doorstep, he turns round and tries to kiss me
>wtf, before Veeky Forums so no homo
>Still angry at him for nearly getting me killed, and this is totally unexpected.
>panic, hit him and call him a faggot
>leave him on the floor in disgust and drive home.
>Turns out he'd come out to a lot of my classmates at prom but I hadn't heard.
>He tells the whole school he came out to me and I assaulted him
>I get ostracised by everybody

Haven't spoken to anyone from my school in 10 years. Oh well. Most of them were shits anyway.

Sucks breh. I'd be pissed.

>stories that didn't happen

> (OP)
>>stories that didn't happen
This

At first I was angry, now I just look back at it now and regret it. I felt initially like he'd betrayed my friendship by spreading a false story. But I guess from his perspective it wasn't so false; I did hit him and was wrong to do so.

If I hadn't been so hyped up on adrenaline and anger after the truck I'd have probably just laughed it off. I'm sure in usual circumstances I would of.

But I didn't so I lost basically all my friends. Shit happens. We just have to make best of the consequences.

that's fine
Pretend I broke them lifting and I need help getting over the crippling depression of gain loss.

I get both sides, it's a misunderstanding on both your parts but I'd be mad I lost a friend and for the rumors, and definitely would regret doing that. Just a shitty situation all around.

I like her hair.

this shit should be in the news you good fucking samaritan

I so much want to believe it, but I just can't without pics and time stamp.

That's not what he asked

Post pics faggot

bump

She's nine, she doesn't have any... Oh, you mean her wig.

I have actually done recovery from a couple of snapcities. Hope is not lost but if you had a plan in mind, put it on hold for about 3 years with your injuries.

start recovery as soon as humanly possible, i mean get up and walk the minute you can and not a second later. your gains are now in mobility, endurance and recovering range of motion and lowering pain.

use that pain medication freely, bitch

your physical therapist is a retard, just do what they say and do your real work on your own.

You MUST treat recovery like gains. set realistic goals, exceed them, set new ones.

mobility exercises, warming up, massagesm and even faggy shit like taiji are ESSENTIAL, they are as important as trying to regain full mobility.

You are ultimately in charge of this outcome. you have both legs, you have sawbones to put them back in the right place. You can get back to almost where you were if you put your mind to it and perservere. If it seems like too much, kick yourself in the ass

>which is literally possible for you right now hohoho

LET US SEE THE CARNAGE. POST PICS OF LEGS

S4, LGD saved my muscles for a 3 month injury

Jesus Christ you fucks are gullible as hell. OP is just a bored autist that made up a story of selfless heroism to fill his time. And you summerfags ate it up with a spoon. If this actually happened then he would have posted a pic with time stamp or, better yet, a newspaper clipping with his face in it with a pic of himself and a timestamp.

they're just casts

who cares? it's a legit fitness issue and several OPs have contributed legit responses.

Bench light at first, like babyweight, benching without using your legs is extremely hard.

if he was willing to snitch to everyone about something like that without coming to you first he was never your friend in the first place

what a cunt

You did something heroic. Pride is better than gains. Hint that the family get your story in the paper, save the paper, show your kids about selflessness

You fucking dumb idiot DUMMY

You deserved worse

I hope you rot in that wheelchair, if this is real (it isnt)

>they're just broken bones

Then stop being a little gayboy about it, you're too manly to act like a little bitch.

Professional athletes whose gains are literally their life and livelihood come back from that much injury (and worse) and still take home championships and/or world records or world firsts. Look up the dude who snapped his shit up nearly to death and then joined the first time to successfully climb Meru like a year later. You're fucking fine, relax.

Fake

This

I'm not sure about this, but unless he was driving uninsured if you sue him I'm pretty sure his insurance is who ends up paying for it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

my mentor broke both his ankles, but still was able to bench with his legs held in the air

Pedestrians always have right of way
OP full of it
>fake and gay

This

Why? I couldn't let them get hit in front of me

No, they don't while jwalking.

not sure if any of this happened, but if it did or someone else is in this situation, you're pretty much a poster child case for LGD-4033 - take 1 or 2mg per day, lay in bed, and don't lose any muscle mass.

it's literally exactly why the shit was developed to begin with.

Oh man that is sweet, thank you.

>get sexually assaulted
>defend your body
>in the wrong

wat

having a genuine excuse to not train legs. A gift from the gods

Yes but don't expect pt to do anything for you. I got t boned on my mc and was in a full leg cast for 6mo. Absolutely wrecked my metabolism and still have leg problems 20 years later. After all that all pt did was roll my ankle loose twice and send me on my way.

You'll make it OP. Don't keep reading like you were, in a month you'll be able to do real upper body, focus on being fit and not gaining weight due to decreased activities etc.

Basically I fucked up and expected anyone to care about my health and was expecting to get rehabbed movie style and it never happened. That weight and metabolism change was worse than the actual break and subsequent surgeries.

Again, you're gonna make it tho

Stuff that never happened: the story.

Old /hero/ story:
>be at music festival
>girl on guy's shoulder say hi, I wave back
>10min later guy is falling on his feet unexpectedly,eyes rolling
>girl is tipping forward with nobody in front of them, about to drop almost 6 ft ( guy was a manlet)
>she turns in the air to fall less painfully on her back
>I'm couple feet to the left, leap in lunge form with arms out
>catch her out of midair in my arms 50s style
>she looks up says "thanks for saving me"
>My 'tismo blurts out "No problem!", put her down, give her a thumbs up and return to my friends

Did you miss the part about his legs being mangled?

Let's walk through this for a second, which do you think will grab more poon?
>oh hey user what happened with your leg!
>>well there was this little girl about to be ran over by a truck so I pushed her away and tripped then the truck ran over my legs so I'm out for a few weeks
>oh wow user you're a hero!
OR
>hey user what are you doing later today?
>>lifting
>ok but don't you want to grab some coffee?
>>no, muh years of gainz

Take your fucking pick

this happened