Tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

anyone here managed to quit smoking cigarettes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>75 cigarettes a day
>quit
Nah. Better start saving up for chemotherapy.

I make reoccuring breads on tee vee all the time and wait for people to reply. Even if it's only one reply before the bread 404s I am a happy person. Sometimes people start discussions in it and the bread fills with replies. That makes me a very happy user.
That being said, I smoke when shitfaced. For some reason I crave cigarettes but only if other people smoke too.

Cut down, limit yourself to half of that for a few days then half again after that. Cold turkey is near impossible unless your'e broke or strapped down at your level.

i can't get addicted to those things for some reason, same with alcohol, but i still enjoy them just like how i enjoy candy every once in a while

>tfw me and my friends started smoking back when we were 16
>i'm the only one who's not addicted

It takes you like 5 years of smoking regularly to get addicted. People always say shit like " I quit smoking, but i only smoked on nights out for 2 years". Makes me chuckle.

I started smoking everyday now, at least 5 cigs.

Been like this for like 3 weeks. How hard will it be to quit?

switch to vaping, once you are solid on the vaping smoking tastes shitty,

then once you are a fedora tier vape lord you will feel like a massive faggot and it will motivate you to quit

Thats how I did it, just have a piece of nicotine gum once in a while now.

When I was 20 years old I smoked 4 or 5 (25) packs a day for 5 months.

>Quit smoking 2 years ago when I turned 21
>Used Champix
>Cigarettes and cigarette smoke make me sick now

Quit smoking bro. Food tastes better, you feel better and people won't be disgusted when you stand near them.

>75 cigs a day
What the fuck? How much free time do you addicts have? .. i smoke only socially with friends but like 4-6 no more because theres other shit to do socially.... also why is it that im not craving the nicotine?

Really?? I've been smoking for 3 years and I'd say I'm very addicted. Somewhere around a pack a day

yeah i just stopped. Just like i stopped drinking and eating shitty food and not working out.. You just do it. I literally didn't even think about just stopped buying cigarettes. Sure i was irritable for 48 hours or so but that was about it. Can't believe i smoked.

that's a load of horseshit but i have been smoking for more than 5 years.

Am going through this process now. Have been vaping with smaller and smaller amounts of nic juce for 3 months (haven't had a single cig).

Had my wisdom tooth removed 3 days ago and no vape since, barely any cravings. Will quit for good now.

One time I bought a pack without realizing I just spent the last $8 I had on cigarettes and couldn't eat the rest of the week.

Yeah, A pack used to last me a week but fuck that smoking is bad for you
> Switch to dip
> Switch to snus
You still get a buzz and its not as bad for you.

Lol only faggots vape. Whats the point of fucking spending 120+ on a rig when you can just get a blue ecig for $10. Also, you don't look like that much of a faggot.

Literally the same, started 16, have phases where I smoke up to 3-4 a day, can go without for months

Being this fucking retarded, jesus dude.

>said the non-smoking faggot

sure thing bro

I used to chain smoke heavily when studying for exams and at most I managed 40-50 a day, smoking non-stop. How the fuck do you manage 75? I can't believe this is humanly possible

What was retarded about what he said?

my dad always tells me about the time his brother blew all the food money he had for a week on one more pack of cigs and a dime of coke.

I'm down from 3 packs a day to 1-2 cigs at most when I work.

stop hating yourself and wanting to kill yourself and its easy to quit

I smoked and chewed for 5 years. I quit cold turkey one year ago. It's mind over matter. Until you actually want to quit you won't quit. Find something, or somebody that's worth changing yourself for the better and just fucking stop. The first week is by far the worst, and after the first week it's easy. Also chewing gum helps

Hey at least he got coke.

Easy you're not addicted until you're smoking 25+ per day

damn dude up to 4 a day?

How long does it take to smoke one cig on average for those of you who smoke?

>dip
>not as bad for you

Top kek

5-8 min depending on whether I'm talking during, I smoke regulars and I assume shorts go faster

2 minutes for a king size cigarette but I power drag when I smoke

For real what worked for me was The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allan Carr. I think the book basically hypnotized you. I don't care. I haven't had a cigarette in 5 years, whatever works you know?

up to 4 cigs a day, and even that is on rare occasions

Jesus you chain smoke

I smoked one black and mild last night and had a shot of tequila and I'm freaking the fuck out. Will it kill my gains?

>SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT GUYS
>Vapes
He needs to off himself

i was mocking you faggot

you obviously aren't addicted and have as much to say about it as an infant

That was my point, I was replying to a guy that said he can't get addicted to cigs

FPBP

>Black and Mild

Yeah dude you're probably gonna have to start juicing to make up for all those gains lost.

Probably not, I had about a pint of rum, 3 Bud Light, and a pack of cigarettes last night, then when I got home I had half a tub of icecream, and half a bag of chips, only gained about a pound, but shit my brains out twice today, so I wouldn't worry about it.

>Started smoking socially at work at 19.
>Started smoking socially at school as well as by myself as a study break or whatever.
>Maintained this pattern for 2 years with random stretches of time off without cravings.
>22 now, haven't had a cigarette in probably 8 months now, haven't really thought about it that much, probably going to smoke again in the future whenever I feel like and not face negative consequences for it.

Feels pretty good. I'm completely sure that I'm 'immune' to nicotine addiction. I've used other drugs that are traditionally considered highly addictive (amphetamines, opiates), and never had a compulsion to use them again. Dunno if it's genetic or solid brain chemistry from not living an obsessive lifestyle but it's definitely there.

I am pretty sure I can't get addicted to nicotine/drugs/alcohol, but it sometimes very hard not to binge eat or spend hours by the pc
Do you get addicted to other things?

I can definitely binge, and if I force myself into abstinence from things like junk food or video games, I'll probably end up binging at some point when my willpower is bottomed out for whatever reason, so I have planned binges. Cheat days basically.

If you google 'planned hedonic deviation from the norm' you should find a study showing that cheat days where you have no rules - where you can drink, smoke, eat like a pig, and play video games all day - are a boon to positive goal achievement. So long as they're planned that is. So if you decide every second Saturday, for example, you will have one of these cheat days, it helps with moderating yourself over the long term. Works wonders for me.

Lol, shitty genes detected. I know 90 year olds who've smoked 4 packs a day since they were 16.

I used to tell people who asked me about longevity due to smoking that I was just doubling down on my good genetics to allow me to be that badass smoking grandpa lol

>1 week gains lost for one night out
>not worrying about it

What's the point in making this thread day after day? If you had as much dedication to make this shit daily as to stop smoking you would've done it already

Fun

>Work at this apartment where a tenant is out smoking out front every day non stop.
>one day shes not smoking
>she suffered a massive stroke from smoking to much

She was early 30's and didnt smoke nearly 75 a day. probly closer to a pack a day but still

user I must've seen this 75 cigarettes a day post five time this month. If you really want to stop smoking just stop smoking smhtbh

the oldest women who ever lived smoked literally her whole life

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment

i just finished workou and drank a proton shake, will 1 cigarette kill my gains

she died in 97.

how come there hasn't been an older person yet?

I thought science is consistently advancing and "the first person to live to 150 is alive today".

Statistics and chance, you fool.

the oldest person who is still alive today was born in 1899

Lol bullshit.

When you smoke everyday, it's an addiction.

Take days off or quit it completely is my advice

I sort of quit when i turned 21 sincce i can get alcohol now

desu alcohol is more expensive as an addiction for me so im gonna cut down buying booze

I only smoke when I drink, I drink everynight

Yes. Alan Carr's easy way to stop smoking helped me but basically just make up your mind. I was sick with the flu or some shit and even though I already had a stuffy nose and a cough I still smoked and the fact that I got angry that being sick was getting in the way of my smoking made really think about what a ridiculous addiction it is. It benefits you in no way. You just have to realize this for yourself. I had tried to quit once before but what made me fail was that i was constantly thinking about cigarettes and when I saw someone smoking I immediately thought something along the lines of "Here I am denying myself of pleasure while this guy's having the time of his life smoking as much as he wants" which is a stupid mentality because it's simplly not true.

i don't think you understand what he's saying

This.

Alan Carr's book is pretty eye opening.

How does vaping harm the environment? Its saves it because there's less people cutting down forests for tobacco farming.

>75 a day

Jesus christ I have COPD and I only smoke 30 per day

Quit OP I'm only 26 and wheeze and have trouble breathing and cough all the time. It's like I have a 24/7 365 day a year chest cold

jesus fucking christ user are you serious? thats almost 4 packs a day. thats about $10000 a year you fucking idiot.

this guy makes the same thread every couple of days, pretty sure he's just a troll since his "smoking habit" fluctuates from 30 to 75

check the archives by searching "cig.jpg"

This

I've seen this thread at least twice a day for the past 8 months

A pack has 25 cigarettes in it....... learn2math

Yes, cardio helps.

>couldn't jog lightly for 30 seconds with my lungs exploding at first

Really makes you think.

This

>Dip
>not as bad

all you guys are saying that you're gonna quit
but you're not. you'll all be back. you're not strong enough to resist the urge.

and you know it.

Depends where you live, packs of 20 are also common

Yeah, quitted 2 weeks ago, was broke as hell and didn(t have a paycheck coming for 10 days.
Wanted to quit for a long time so decided to quit then, not having money is the easiest way to quit.

The first 3 days are the worst after that it gets pretty easy.

>LOOK! I have an anecdote!

This

Pretty easy to quit when you can't afford them

not as bad for lungs
his teeth are crying though

That's like telling someone who wants to eat healthy that he is going to fail, because everyone slips up.

People slip back, because everyone tells them just one mistake means failure.
A mistake is a mistake. Learn from it and move on.

Yeah m8, I'm joining the Navy, shipping out in a few months, quit a pack a day successfully so far. I just use nicoderm or whatever you call it, lots of losonges and gum, and then I supplement my irritation with cardio and buckets of coffee.

You need to wean, don't go cold turkey. Even if you have the willpower, it's the subtle self destructive habits. I'm supposed to be shedding pounds for boot camp and I started gaining because I was stress eating, happens to everyone. Drink lots of coffee and use nicotine products or vape if you have to, doesn't matter if people call you a faggot for it, your lungs WILL thank you. I feel better already, seriously.

That's a cig every 14 mins from you get up till you go to bed. No way you're going to be able to cut down slowly, you're still going to be addicted at 20/day.

You need to quit, cold turkey. I did by joining the army, they keep you so busy in basic, you won't even think about cigs. Also, free workouts (gym and running), food and a bit of beer-money for a year of your life.
I think it's worth it for quitting cigs alone, user

I haven't even full quit yet but I was smoking around 50 a day and ive cut down to 6 a day and the difference in my breathing and energy levels is crazy

I know a guy who developed a 2 pack a day habit by his 2nd week smoking, so I call bullshit

Same man, some people have really addictive personalities and they take things to the extreme

Stop making these shitty threads

>24 hour time

beta cuck detected

>simplifying a clock
>beta cuck

You're beginning to read into things too much, user. It's time to go outside and be with the real world.

Now I definitely know you're a beta cuckold buddy

started 16, there are days when I don't smoke at all, and there are days when i smoke a pack, especially parties, or holidays.

Assuming you're awake 12 hours a day and it takes about 5 minutes to smoke a cigarette, 75 cigs means literally smoking during the whole day with 5 minute breaks between 2 cigarettes

I quit 10 years ago. It was one of the hardest things I ever did. I used the lozenges and the zyban for 3 months. Then I cut the zyban and did the lozenges for another 6 months. Then I quit the lozenges and never looked back.

The trick is to just get through the current craving without smoking. Then you get stronger...

>75 cigarettes a day
>saving up

This

that's Atleast 40 dollars a day

I only ever smoke when around friends as a social thing, I'll rarely ever do it alone unless I'm hanging out on my porch at night.

Haven't smoked for about 5 months now, used Allan Carr aswell. Smoked for 10 years before, never going back. Way too many advantages of not smoking.

Jesus dude that's over 2 packs a day. When I smoke anymore than 5 at a show my lungs feel like tar the next day

That's literally 3 whole packs a day

>mfw I thought my 40 cigs a day was bad

>smokes to look cool

get out fag

Quit being such a pussy. Also only fags and nigs smoke b&m's