Are there other examples of someone only training one muscle/area?

Are there other examples of someone only training one muscle/area?

I really hate it when someone posts that kid in this context.

He's a track cyclist. He's doing what he's supposed to be doing: Training for the specific demands of his chosen sport. Cyclists don't need a bunch of excessive upper-body strength, and they sure as fuck don't need excess mass and size. They need their 'prime movers' (i.e., legs) to be as well-developed as possible, but in a high-density way, training for maximum strength, not maximum size, and they need strong torso muscles, so all that leg strength isn't wasted making his torso bend and twist. Arms and shoulders are only trained enough to help prevent injury in case of a crash, and to solidly hang onto the handlebars, completing the path that all the power in his legs takes. Then he spends months pedaling at lactate threshold to build the maximum amount of muscular endurance he can into those massive legs of his, and anaerobic intervals so he can sprint at maximum power for as long as possible.

Meanwhile you monkeys avoid any sort of cardio-vascular training like it's tainted with Ebola, and most of you can't even run 5 miles at a reasonable pace without practically killing yourselves -- and you pretend that you're 'fit'.

That guy in the pic? He's at least an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE more 'fit' than 95% of the denizens of Veeky Forums. You'd do well to emulate even a FRACTION of what he does, all year 'round, to train as a track cyclist.

Meanwhile you obsess over bodyvbuilders, and 'Chad' and his pizza. Seriously, Veeky Forums, you need to take a hard look at what you're doing and why.

it's almost as if different people have different goals or some shit.

or maybe some people aren't so autistic as to define 'fit' as one very specific attribute.

Who riled you up nigga?

truth, long and excessive, but you're right

Is this new pasta?

If by 'new pasta' you mean 'the truth, crystallized', then yes.

'Truth, short and mild' never gets noticed.

Jimmies status: severely rustled

Breh op is just asking to see other oddities like him. also there's a bike right next to him so there's context

>denizens
>dubs

user who are you

Granted, I'm kind-of hijacking OP's thread.. but this has had lots of time to build up in me. There are few actual atheletes on Veeky Forums, and a lot of guys who 'train for aesthetics' and scoff at the actual athletes, mocking them with taunts like 'never going to make it', when actual athletes are head-and-shoulders above anyone who trains for mere visuals alone.

who is he?

Sure is summer round here

Rippetoe pls go, you have ruined enough lives already

basically yeah

>literally complaining about memes
Welcome newfriend :^)

Only training abs

a goblin

Shoop?

That's spooky.

you havent seen guys like this at the gym? They hit chest, shoulders and biceps everytime they workout and rarely if ever hit anything else... cant say it bothers me because it doesnt affect me in the slightest. If they dont want to build a balanced boy hat concern is it of mine?

Also I cycle quite a bit so I tend to skip leg days during the riding season and just do an upper body, but when winter comes around its back to a PPL with strength as a focus and bulking. The nice thing about hitting 150-200 miles a week on the bike is I can pretty much eat whatever I want and not really gain weight as I burn too many calories to really eat it all back without pigging out. The downside is its hard to get enough protein and I do lose some gains.

I find myself strangely aroused.

well said

Please tell me this is a woman.

>implying I workout to be healthy