Will the USA evel collapse?

like desintegrating in 3 super republics across the continent

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yYx6bYqM8qo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is possible. We'd be surprised by how each one retained the same Constitutional system with a Republican-Democrat lock.

Yeah it will get partitioned by Mexico, Canada and Trinidad and Tobago.

>3 super republics

like what?
one based in California that takes the entire west coast, maybe going as far inland as the Rockies
one based in New York that dominates the northeast/mid-Atlantic, with inroads in the Great Lakes region
and one based in Texas that's essentially Middle America/the south

personally i'd love to see the US transform into an HRE-esque entity with thousands of states

If the voting and representation system isn't reformed, then I think there's a decent chance of it happening before 2100.

>The current system has worked for centuries with only one civil war when compared to other countries.
>HURR DURR LETS CHANGE IT
If the system is changed I pray to god it becomes totalitarian and people are killed for not appreciating what they currently have.

Is this some sort of meme cartoon that I have no idea about?

Thread derailed in 3, 2, 1...

1. new york + california alliance
2. flyover colony
3. central south goes to mexico

>inb4 'top ten countries about to collapse by tomorrow' picks the USA because the Texan independence movement has 200 signatures

China might grow in power and decrease our hegemony over the world, but it's extremely unlikely that we'll ever balkanize.

If it doesnt break out in war within 50 years it'll just become an utterly corrupt failed state where, once times are hard enough, new states may be born in blood.

Best Hypothetical country/s is New England or the independent New England States.

The voting and reprensation system have changed largely in the history of U.S. US Rep districts did not have similar population until 60s, 70s brought widespread primaries to whole of US etc

Let's play a game: beaner or numale?

>I hope the state wantonly kills those who don't appreciate the state not wantonly killing people

Just like europe! :^)

t.flyover

You mean North Arabia?

>t. nu-york

China can't power project across the world, user. At best they will try to kick us out of the pacific, but with Russia and India around, they will try to keep them in check.

There is also a bubble problem they have to solve along with internal problems with keeping the populace in check and trying to modernize places that aren't the fucking city. Because outside the coasts and main cities, China is a fucking shit hole.

America belongs to Amerindians the same as europe belongs to europeans. Time to deal with it.

Western Eastern-europe.

Except with 3 races

Planing on handing Mexico back to Maya and Aztecs this or next monday beanie-boy?

>not the Pacific States of America
Okay, kid.

I like that idea. I’ve always admired New England WASP culture even though I’m a Polish- and Italian-American mutt from the Rust Belt. Their commitment to education, personal freedoms, and self-discipline has always appealed to me. I think most people can’t handle too much personal freedom, but New England WASPs are one of the few groups that are suited to responsibly possess an array of personal freedoms.

What is with Veeky Forums boner for balkanizing the U.S?

>california

It's just /pol/ spilling over again.

Assmad euros. they think that if the us goes away, they will be the world leaders, but its abundantly clear that Asia will dominate the world stage for years to come

culture is too unified for now

maybe in a few hundred years

China has been growing so strongly because they were an agrarian society that industrialized, but their growth will either implode or flatten out unless they become globalized like America has, and in order to do that they have to open up in ways that threaten the secure position of the communist party.

Possibly. In fact, quite probably.

Countries would probably emerge along regional lines, though they very well might look like this:

That is basically what I'm talking about. CCP ain't going to give up power, it'll most likely flatten out.

It be neat if it did implode though.

are there any predictions of how the us will collapse that arent totally baseless?

Economic collapse is your best guess, but due to how the U.S is intertwined with the world, if that happens. EVERYONE is going to eat fucking shit.

Military and Political are out of the question.

Like said, the best chance of that happening is from economic collapse, like the Great Depression. But since our collapse means the collapse of the global economy, and since we currently have the strongest military by a longshot and a political system that is practically unmovable, at most you'll see some violence on the streets, but you certainly won't see a balkanization nor a revolution.

If economic the world economy fucking falls apart
Even china would be in the shitter, so much of their economy is based off of trade with the US its not even funny
>military
LoL
>politically
Only possible if 60% of the states want it to end
Even then, if texas and flyover land(mid west) want the union dead they would get fucking raped and forced back in

You realize New England WASP culture is completely nonexistant now? They've completely replaced themselves with irish catholics.

God I hope so. I want the entire north american continent to balkanize

Ever been there?

>Even then, if texas and flyover land(mid west) want the union dead they would get fucking raped and forced back in
This applies to all the leftists states as well. There is no breaking up the union, whoever makes the first move loses.

No. The country was designed and planned very carefully to be economically interlinked after the Civil War. There can be no overt 'collapse' in the system, only a gradual decay in federal power in favor of the states that leads to confederationism. And even then they wouldn't be "independent" so much as tied together in an EU-like system with open borders with the central government in Washington DC becoming the "Brussels" of America.

I honestly don't see that happening, there is no state pride anymore, the nation has become more federalized than ever.

There's no state pride in the main land
The costal states still have plenty of identity and culture
Except for the arcadia region
Fuck arcadia

This map is fucking retarded.

>The costal states still have plenty of identity and culture
No, they don't. Maybe some of the major cities have some identity, but in any civil war situation they are completely fucked.

I don't see it dissolving into various republics but fading as this sole super power role it's certainly possible. Have you been playing kaiserriech by chance or something?

That is an extremely innocent view of how a popular uprising goes on.

Fucking assumes people will back rebels 100% when your own history shows the one half totalling the other half.

Exactly. Any attempt to balkanize the United States would end in disaster for those rebelling. There's basically no chance of the USA balkanizing in the future, no matter who attempts it.

It's worth reading Thomas Chittum's Civil War Two: The Coming Breakup of America (1997). Despite the title, I think after reading it that he is speaking more to a social breakup than to a political one. I took what he wrote seriously because he had served as a mercenary in Rhodesia and later Croatia during the Balkan Wars. It's basically his account of what the Balkan Wars would look like in the US.

But the US isn't 1990s Yugoslavia. As anyone knows, the history, culture and geography are completely different. Nevertheless, he was able to predict in 1997 that demographic change going into 2020 would rekindle the embers of racial strife left over from the 60's. Considering the LA riot occurred in 1992 it's not really all that clairvoyant.

I don't think there's going to be too much violence. But I do think we will see a repeat of the 60s in terms of riots and general disorder. One of his main points is that milita groups on the ground can do little compared to an army without the sponsorship of outside powers providing weapons, ammunition, military training, food supplies, medical supplies, etc. And that just isn't going to happen in the US.

If any civil war happens its gonna be rural vs urban and everyone knows this
Balkanization is impossinle for the modern day USA
But a change in the government is very much possible

If it happens, assuming in a non violent way, I imagine it might happen similarly to the dissolution of the USSR. "Culturally" different blocs seperating piece by piece, like how the Warsaw pact first peeled away, then the Baltic states, followed by the central asian SSR "group", and Belarus+Ukraine (not entirely in that order). Also similar to how the USSR armed forces was a (totally overlooked and unkown by the west) gargantuan clusterfuck when soldiers had to be sent home (USSR conscription sent soldiers from all nations to all parts of the entire USSR, ex: Belorussian conscript may find himself being sent to siberian far east coast, or literally any base throughout the USSR, a local placement was not guaranteed and in fact rarely happened. this is kind of similar to how an American from Montana could find himself being sent to a Californian base, or someone from Maine to Hawaii) and military equipment divided.

tldr military would be a massive clusterfuck of a retardedly unimaginable scale, and the military alone is a large reason for why a currently relatively culturally united US will not split up in the near future

I'd almost take the complete global ecomonic shitstorm China imploding on itself would create just to shut these goddamn smug fucking sinoboo faggots up.

Hopefully

very possible at some point if the faith in and the power of the federal government collapses. Like what would have happened if a certain gremlin was elected president.

I could see the division as
The United Gulf States (texas, louisiana, oklahoma, arkansas, alabama, missisipi, georgia, and florida. Maybe new mexico) (those other southern states in here because of reliance on gulf trade)

California Republic (california, half of oregan and washington)

Deseret (utah, half of oregan and washington, indiana, nevada, arizona, southern most part of california for sea access, part of wyoming up to the mountains ending, part of colorado up to the moutnains ending)

United States of the Great Plains (MT, WY, NE, CO, KS, ND, SD, MN, IA, MO, IL, WI, IN, MI)

Dixie (KY, TN, VA, NC, SC) (would eventually merge with whoever would offer them the most)

Great Pennsylvania (PA, OH, WV, MD, DL, NJ, NY -NYC and long island)

New York (NYC + long Island)

New England (MA, CN, NH, VT, MN, RI) (if canada also collapses then NB and Nova Scotia and maybe PEI as well)

Never.

America is not like classical age Europe, stitched together by Romans through fire and conquest, an alliance of convenience and hatred which shatters the moment they run out of enemies to hate and have no one left to war with but each other. We are not like the loose confederation of European states, still separated by their common prejudices. We have more in common with the Chinese and their concept of Tianxia, or "our land".

We are Americans, our motto is e pluribus unum: out of many, one.

Any balkanization of the United States would be fleeting, Americans would rapidly reconstitute themselves as a single people were such a thing to befall us, as we did in the past. We have two dipolar values which we live and breath by: knowing that unity makes us stronger, while recognizing the inherent dangers of too much centralization of power, and the need for a true balance of power. We would bear any cost in maintaining these principles

The divisions wouldn't be between states, they would be between urban areas and rural areas. Best case scenario is the leftists get to live in independent city-states, like Hong Kong and Singapore, worst case scenario the conservatives defeat them and the USA becomes strongly conservative for the next few decades

The world needs to start doing business with other regional powers and nations and stop using the dollar

If we keep depending on JEWSA for international stuff we'll never get rid of them.

I only see Russia, even with its failures, as the sole possible challenger to stop american hegemony and world-policeing

Is the anime worth watching?

Russia ain't even a regional power, the best they can do is threaten and uphold 3rd world shitholes in the middle east, and with their economy plummeting they might even be able to do that soon.

China might be able to challenge American hegemony, but like , , and said it will be forced to either westernize or fall behind.

Yes, the social schisms between urban and rural are evident at this point. You can see a similar trend in Charles Murray's Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010 where he contrasts cultural differences between white upper class and working class neighborhoods across time.

To continue the point from here If the next decade is a replication of the 60s, then like the original, California will be at the epicenter. I don't think it's too far off to predict that just as the 60s activists displaced the old administrators, so too will the current activists attempt to displace the current state administration. youtube.com/watch?v=yYx6bYqM8qo
Depending on how things work out, California might end up shitting its pants.

I've only read the manga, but it's good so far. If you can find a site to watch the anime for free that doesn't constantly try to infect your computer then please tell me.