Gym in your country

Veeky Forums
How popular is Gym culture in your country?

>Mexico
>It's becoming popular among young people but most people are fatties and DYEL

This is good since they'll need to be able to stack many bricks in the near future

It's far more popular here in south Florida than it was back home in central Texas.

Everybody and their mother is juicing here. It makes sense, though. The Latin Americans that live here are flashy "new money" immigrants and their children that have no taste.

Kek

>>It's becoming popular among young people
Where?? I'm one of the youngest in my gym and I'm 23, also most of the gyms are shitty commercial ones. Basically the only way of finding a good coach is to join a competitive gym

What a ridiculous image

That's like 25 lbs

I live in the suburbs of chicago. There are a lot of gyms here and they're usually pretty crowded and popular. But you also see lots of fatties and dyels around town, so the whole city obviously is not really into fitness culture.

Maybe it's his 500th rep

>germany
Pretty popular amongst young people. Some youtubers & rappers started a trend and now everyone wants to be Veeky Forums

>australia

literally every young man who is not a lefty cuck hits the gym

>Brazil
Literally everyone and their mothers lift.

you also have to think about what is on the mind for the normal Floridian. in Tampa it's obtaining a ripped beach bod, coke, bath salts, and shitty EDM clubs where as Texas its propane and homoerotic cowboys.

>calling Texas homo

Idk man, I've never seen so many gays in my life until I came to Fort Lauderdale

Völkisch mein Sohn.

One of the good things of living in an unfit country is that being fit is enough to stand out

you sound poor and jealous

>Britainistan

mostly dyels, rarely see anyone who looks like they lift

lol, I'm not. I make 6 figures, I just prefer to not be flamboyant about it.

That wall will bring us gains

>UK
Not at all
The average male here is a hungry skeleton

Fuck!!
My gym always crowded, and I mean always.
Full of fucking landwhales just chattin' on the cellphone, cardiobunnies on treadmills, fucking curlbros, and shit like that.
When I started to do my compounds they looked at me like I was a fucking being for another planet or something like that.
Also a mexifag, by the way.

>sovereign state Mormotopia, also known as Utah
There's plenty of outdoor culture, but most gym culture is moderated by a lunk alarm.

Dude where u at? It's pretty much a mixed bag here in the northeast. Most dyels are numales or plain fags doe

what region are you from?
Noticed pretty much everyone was DYEL when I visited stuttgart

Elder Veeky Forums I call to you from Orem!

>Turkey
every loser with a little bit of money aside come to try and pick up women
they're not in it for sports

Cologne

Hey mayne I can confirmthis 100%
I'm also from south florida. Just being a taller white guy with good genetics there and lifting means mad latina punani.
But there's a lot of try hard new money latinos there. Get's pretty annoying and pretty dangerous when you're driving.

I'm going to be in Munich all of July. How would things fare as a moderately handsome American. I'm 6ft, so nothing in the height category. 185 @10% bf.

>Not having orgasms while you lift
Fit people are still a minority where i live [spoiler] Jalisco [/spoiler] but what i've seen is that kids that were part of the "1st place in childhood obesity" generation that are now 17-20 are getting fit as fuck.
My Facebook is full of pics of fit guys next to a pic of them as fat kids with some faggy quote and the bicep emoji. Feels good, man.

Fairly well.. Being foreign (and not a mudslim) is definitly a plus (like basically everywhere else). You should have game..
Munich is also known for its TU (technical university) so there are many dyels.

>philippines
>Veeky Forumss worst nightmare
>broscience is the norm
>everybody wants to be a "bodybuilder"
>skellies always listen to the biggest guy ends up doing a million curls
>avoids the squat rack like it's the plague
>only works upperbody
>constantly spouts broscience
>crossfit is becoming really popular
>people fucking their shit up left and right
>crossfit and broscience seem to be a thing together

I just want a homegym lads

>>everybody wants to be a "bodybuilder"
But nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight

Same in my Shittistan
Everybody does some retard-volume brosplit
Anything less than 8 reps and you'll stay forever small

/this

Poland here

not popular at all, I keep seeing the same faces over and over at the gym and most youngsters are hipsterish skeletons

almost everyone below like 24 is more or less cucked

Nice. I have pretty good game here in the states when I can be bothered enough to go out for something new, the college bar scene is just too loud and annoying (I'm a student). Otherwise I have my usuals.
I'm going to be at SDI but I'm pretty sure that's mostly for people who want to learn German.
From what I gather I'm going to be a little ways southwest of center city. Oh and no I'm definitely not Muslim. I am about as pale as it gets if not the second most pale (yet I was raised in a sunny paradise lel).
Do most Unis have good gyms, or are there good outdoor gyms in parks there in Germany. How are conventional gyms priced there?

Really I would've figured Poland to have some strongman following. How cucked we talking? Like any muscular American with machismo can waltz around cracow fucking the finest of asses?

Canada, Ontario to narrow it down, most people are on gear, tons of hockey fags, meatheads then the dyel foreigners. Guess theres a lot of everything

Uni-gym is only an option if you want to train at inhuman times, otherwise its always extremly full (at least in most cities)
Munich is a pretty expensive city. Prices probably vary between 30-100€ for a monthly ticket.
Never seen something that you could classify as an "outdoor gym" in germany unless you want to train with bodyweight only..

I mean if I am stuck without a gym and I'm going to be trageling around I don't see much option other than outdoor gyms. Luckily I do weighted Chins and dips as is.
I just worry my legs will go to literal shit. But one month won't change whole lot I guess. Here's hoping I guess. Also my professor told me Munich wouldn't be all that more expensive than where I live in the states (Orlando, home of the mouse)

Are the uni gyms only open at crappy hours in Deutschland?
My unis gym is open 6am to midnight weekdays and closes at 10pm on weekends so I'm not familiar w/unis having restricted schedules

Yea its not like switzerland-tier but still fairly expensive compared to other german cities.
A german youtuber (PumpingErcan) has a gym in Munich (Ercans Body Gym), southwest of the center. I guess you could check that out if you'll live close to it.

My sides

Mines open from 7/10am to 23pmon weekdays, 14pm-20pm sat and 11am-22pm sun, dont know about others.

(chart goes from 7am-23pm and shows how many people there are at what times)

Miami here

I also confirm, everyone fucking lifts it's quite depressing
On the plus side there's a lot of permabulkers

It's popular here and there are lots of Veeky Forums people, in fact most of the people here work out on a semi-regular basis and we're short on obese people for the most part.

Back in the early 2000s the gyms in Australia were good. I'm not sure when or how gyms got so popular but they've become a really shitty experience for the most part. Despite their popularity I rarely saw decent physiques or cunts thar know what to do.

I got sick of ppl wanting to work in with me at 10pm so just bought a full free weight Olympic setup for my garage.

NYC.

Touristy areas --> pure obesity
Real areas --> most people are fit in their desired way, e.g. athletic, built, ottermode, metrosexual

So hours are (hopefully pretty managable) since I won't be working and will be having fun while I'm there.

But are gyms shit tier or can I at least expect to perform barbell compounds because that's all I really need.

>everyone looks DYEL
>empty squat rack
>get a bunch of skellies listening to everything you say
>nobody can blame you for taking roids

Sounds perfect desu.

Kek

Portland, Oregon

Fucking hipster DYELs doing crossfit and yoga and drinking kambucha tea. There's only one power rack with one bar in my gym and there's always some hamplanet using it for bar-only squats and lunges and shit. Everyone else is on cardio and machines.

thanks everyone for reminding me why I built a gym in my garage.

Living abroad atm but moving back to Portland in August. Which gym is that so I know what to avoid?
BTW, I hears good things about Loprinzi's but I've never been.

That's called shoplifting my macaco friend

>South Korea
In between sets of texting and selfies, they lift like shit, look like shit, and put water bottles on the utility benches instead of keeping it with them, thereby making no benches available.

Most of the gyms here are also anti-deadlift.

pun

From Miami as well. I've heard that the fitness culture is big here as well, but it's probably only slightly at that than most of America. Mostly DYELs and fatasses.

Norway/Oslo here. Gym is popular, nearly everyone "Goes to The gym", most folks also do deadlifts, even The most commercial gyms have diddly platforms and power racks. Older People also hit The gym, but all kond of sports Are popular here.

>Turkey
only curlbros

>Austria

It's hard to find a gym that can attract enough customers to stay in business. On the plus side, I've been pretty much doing my workouts undisturbed for the last 5 years because I'm the only one using the weights. All the others just want the cardio machines.

Fucking everywhere in Denmark. Young, old, fat, fit. It has been a fad for a while now, and it's increasing as a status symbol.

Basically people who don't gym are viewed as uneducated, dumb and lazy because they don't prioritise health (which is status)

New zealand everyone and their mum plays rugby

> Australia

Gym culture is huge here.
Zyzz was a result of the get shredded and go to raves culture here in Aus.

Bodybuilding is big here but I wish there was a bigger olympic lifting scene.

>Texas
>San Antonio

Surging well, but 90% of people wont make it due to shit diets and laziness

The Valleys, South Wales, steroid capital of the UK, huge gym culture

Syria

50 lb sword curls

southern california. mostly DYEL's and wanna be youtube cunts, everyone has a fucking nutrishop tank top

I like how the executioner isn't even muscular. He's just a fat pile of lard

Germany

Every turk is lifting these days. Had to move to another gym because of too many of them.

France
It's getting popular thanks to the "fitness xD Don't skip leg days ahah" community rising but we love our regular sports
/martial arts much more

>It's getting popular thanks to the "fitness xD Don't skip leg days ahah" community rising but we love our regular sports /martial arts much more
I feel like some sort of hipster for "lifting before it was mainstream"
But like you said regular sports are still popular, every weekend I go out and play football with the lads

>Hipster
Maybe. It attracted the worst of the connected
>Casual
social crowd. They're a fucking pain. The cross fit effect is awful. Everyone exercise just to be part of that fad. I can't take them seriously, especially given how little they really know

Just came back from paris last week, had a really hard time finding a gym over there ended up in a neoness near are du nord was I justshit at searching?

poland here too. theres a handful at my gym that i mire, but most are skellington curlbros

Nah they're just not very common, even in big cities

Checked, also confirming since I live in south Florida as well. I live in a really rich part tho so everyone has a good ol' pump before their workouts

if you dont go to the gym you are either snobby, hipster, a socially retarded gamer or a fat ass.

oslo, Norway

8 HOURS C'MON

Austria

Pretty much non existent, altough the few people that are Veeky Forums are pretty fucking serious about it.

Not him, but I'll weigh in:

Yeah, but that's because Cracow is generally full of whores who will do anything for anybody from beyond our western border. It's a rule in bigger and more "modern and "trendy" towns generally. We ain't "cucked" that much yet, probably won't be (compared to German or French i.e.) I wouldn't get too cocky in Poland, most people (that aren't cucky young fags with smartphones for brains) actually like to fight and quarrel, and in many places that could not end well for everybody involved (Cracow, surprisingly enough, has a reputation for knive usage).

About gyms he's exaggerating a bit, physical culture isn't dead, though it's not as popular as it used to be. It's climbing up again, but I fear that it's gonna be mostly trendy shit like crossfit. Still, oldschool gyms still have 30 years old kettlebells and atmosphere required for maximum natty gainz I suppose.

Brother

>Lithuania
>Very popular, there's a bunch of gyms in major cities and quite a number in smaller ones.

that was my post

Can confirm its the same in both Norway and Sweden. Most people go to the gym. It's not an interest, it's a habit. Every dude I know that isn't a liberal cuck lifts (and even they go the gym).

Australia
>tfw 6'3 and Veeky Forums is average in Australia

Dude
That's disgusting

>Switzerland

Like with many things, it's quite balanced and neutral here. It's a thing, therr's a number of gyms in every city and they're all decently full most of the time. But it's not really part of our culture. People do it to be stronger and fitter mostly, apart from the DYEL teens and aggressive Turks

im in sydney and not really i think you're just super conscious of everyone lmao

theres this philippino guy at my gym whos there like every day and brings his phillipino family members and coaches them on all sorts of retarded shit like 9999 sets of front/side raises with dumbells. and then tries to coach anyone else who looks at him. except hes like 5ft4 and skinny af and mires me hardcore even though im 5'10 and 73kg lmao

philipinos are weirdest fukin people

Did you go to sunset music festival user? I've never felt more small.

check'd, where you at?

Australia. Everyone is jacked. I hate it.

I live in Japan now though and my students call me macho sensei.

I'm dyel by fit standards though. I look like shit.
Gym culture in Japan is non-existent. I can count the guys I've seen in Japan who I would consider buff on two hands and half of them weren't even Japanese.

Basel-Stadt

do you drown in the poosy

>lol, I'm not. I make 6 figures, I just prefer to not be flamboyant about it.
>Not being flamboyant
>Bragging on an Argentinian bead counting forum

K friend

Alberta Checking in
Can confirm.

Lebanon here.

Everyone knows how to bulk.

Nobody knows how to cut.

yeah kinda, in romania many people have phds in broscience, but there are few people who actually know their shit

>Bongistan
Most uncucked blokes go to they gym but a lot of them do pussy shit, I'd say only about 10% of men properly bodybuild and/or lift (not including the retards who do a machine circuit, drink a protein shake then think that counts)