Is chiropractic a legit practice?

Is chiropractic a legit practice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6mkvVFBmSRk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is, but there is also a lot of room to scam.
Really depends on your chiropractor.

Yes the train to snap city needs a conductor

>back shamans

yes

yes, it's right up there with reiki. back crack quacks can even cure cancer by cracking your back.

Regular stretching and rehabilitative exercises are more effective at protecting spinal health.

A physical therapist or athletic trainer are better to see about lifting-related back injuries than a chiropractor.

I fucking died 10/10

if its done over and over again your whole life it will help but theres a lot of idiots

They can treat a lot of back problems, but are not a substitute for an orthopedic surgeon if you've damaged your spine. People that see them like a GP and go to them with non-back problems are extra stupid.

Reminder that it was invented by a green grocer in new york who thought he could cure small pox by snapping your shit.

Reminder that chiros have killed and maimed people through "treatment"

Go to a medical professional, OP

for treating back problems:

weight training > everything else > chiroquacktic > bed rest

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=6mkvVFBmSRk

based reply

So so so much this.

Ask a medical doctor their thoughts on Chiropractic medicine.

The muscles of the back can be massaged and soothed, and a person can work on posture, and back injuries/weaknesses, but cranking and twisting the spine seems like total nonsense.

Plus the DC's claim spinal health cures all kinds of shit that could not possibly be related.

I think what happens is, people go in for an adjustment, get some cracking and it releases some pressure points in the spine. Then the person feels good for a few days. But then that pressure builds again and they just have to keep coming back.

Time will tell how real chiropractic medicine is.

Parapsychology was a "legit" field for like 30 years, before rational people closed it down.

Laughed much harder than I should have.

Most physicians I know consider it to be a joke, but I'm applying to DO schools soon and I'm going to have to learn OMM soon so who am I to judge xD I just hope to god I don't go into a field that can make use of it.

>that guy has had more female physical contact in 3 minutes than you've had in 6 years

I had a work related injury so I got my sessions paid for thankfully. The place did the whole roundabout for me with physical therapy, massage, and chiropractor.

The physical therapist definitely did the most help.

Absolutely not.

Gfs graduating chiro school next summer. My jobs physically demanding and I pop my ribs out weekly. She fixes them every weekend I go see her. Also fixes my leg and other back issues.

It's great.