How do you turn a gymbro into a normal friend?

How do you turn a gymbro into a normal friend?

Who else /nofriends/ here?

Me!

Maybe we can be friends?

I don't have many friends either but I do have gymbros not sure how to go about this one

Moved to this shitty town 8 years ago. Not a single person I can call on the weekend and grab coffee with. Just want to put on my running shoes and run away.

How do I make good enough friends to have coffee with? I don't have anyone like that

Wait for him to go to the locker room then follow him. After that tell him you have something important to tell him and get him alone. Tell him that you're ready to take this to the next level and ask him out to chill.

You're all my friends. I see you every day.

>Tell him that you're ready to take this to the next level
Holy shit

user, just how lonely are you?
yes, we're all friends here. even if we don't like to admit it, when all is said and done we understand each other better than anyone else ever will.

Friends are fucking hard m8.

I've heard people say you need to spend a lot of time together i.e. through work/school/sport then invite them to do activity. Been working with work bros for 3 years now... they not really keen to hang out outside of work.

Alternatively you could try befriending people that are looking to make friends i.e. people from out of town/exchange students. Must be some of them at your gym.

You anons with 10/10 CHAD friends, how did you do it? I would even settle for some 4/10 friendos at this point.

meeting people after you are done school is the worst thing ever

id argue it's the hardest thing period to do, people in their groups dont want to be bothered and you cant make friends without a social circle

it blows

I see people at school/work/gym all the time and we text but no one ever wants to hang out outside of school/work/gym.

Once I invited a guy to an outdoor opera and we liked it, but that was it

>You anons with 10/10 CHAD friends, how did you do it? I would even settle for some 4/10 friendos at this point.

A majority of my friends are Chad, and it honestly sucks sometimes. Even though i'd consider myself 7.5/10 or maybe even 8/10 you're still the ugly one in the group when your surrounded by 10's.

I guess you grow up with them.

Well it's too late for that

I don't want to host a party in my house. What activities are good for making brofriends?

> Hey want to check out an art exhibit?
> Want to go bar hopping this Friday?
> Want to go for a morning walk this Saturday?

But what if you're already grown up and want new friends...

How do you go from saying what's up and occasionally spotting somebody at the gym to actually hanging out, and not making it weird. is that even possible.

paintball

That's what I'm wondering. I don't want to cross the line where the dude might think I'm trying to take him on a date

Surfing, rock climbing, even video gaming.

1 on 1 bro time while doing an activity I rekon.

>outdoor opera

how do i turn a gymbro into a gymbro?

Guys I just had a thought. Flatting with similar aged people should make some friends.. atleast there is a high probability. When I was flatting I met some people and I even see them occasionally now after I moved out of the flat.

Anything a little more low key than that?

Yeah, that was a mistake

To expand, its not personal so its not weird to invite, plus just going out alot of the guys doing it are bros, atleast in my town. Shoot each other, brag about shots n shit. Most towns have atleast one field you can go.

I can't relate to this thread. This isn't because I have friends. But because I no longer give a fuck.
Basically, I had one friend in real life. He's been my best and only real friend for the past three years. We got along really well, and I thought he enjoyed my company as much as I did his. With him, I gave no fucks and my social anxiety was gone. One day though, I guess he woke up and decided he didn't want to be friends with me anymore. While this was happening, I made some online friends. I got pretty close to a few of them, at least by my standards. One particular guy I got very close to, and eventually he knew more about me than anyone else. We'd teamspeak and snapchat pretty much daily. Eventually though, I guess he also woke up one day and decided he wasn't my friend anymore. I guess having two people I considered best friends do this in succession broke me. I no longer give a fuck if I'm always alone, that I'm autistic, etc. Reach this point too. You don't have to go through something like this. It doesn't matter. Other people don't matter. Maybe we're destined to be alone.

Virgin detected.

Who the fuck needs friends. The closer you get to someone the more flawed you realize they are and then you go back to being alone anyway. All a man needs is a woman and a dog. If you don't want to do a specific activity alone then find a group that does that activity and join it.

Dude this happens to fucking everyone.

People leave high school thinking theyll stay friends for life with their best mates. Then everyone gets jobs, girlfriends, moves to college and work, gets married, has kids and that its.

Half the reason people get married is because they're afraid of being alone (men and women)

Stop being a bitch about it.

Fuck man. Are you me. My best and only friend of 6 yrs did the same thing to me, except it was gradual. I got tired of trying to get him to hang out more. Fucking hurt. I always pictured us sitting in rocking chairs cracking up when we'd be 80, same as we always used to. I still hold hope that I'll find another friend like him though.
Wow. Very "epic" insult there buddy

I have no friends either. I can pull girls with literally no problem, I can pull homosex no problem.

Why can't I be wanted outside of sex by anyone? It's killing me and I cry occasionally because of this.

I wonder how often people hold parties now or if people just socialize by going to bars together

Would you be okay if a guy from the gym asked to go on a walk through the city or the mall with you, as a way of establishing friendship? Or is that too gay?

>hey man wanna hang out?

Do none of you autists speak to people regularly?

> Sure bro, where did you have in mind?

what then?

If the dude seems gay, yeah it's gay. If he seems normal it's not gay.

Do something not gay like go to a straight bar

Honestly mate, "wanna go for a walk" sounds pretty gay. Try a movie or "grab a drink".

>there's a cool gay bar down the block

It's like making friends is something you guys try not to do

>this thread
lol, i didn't think hetscum could get any more pathetic.

Find something in common to bond. Then ask for their help. Most people are likely to say no if you upfront tell them what to help you with so do it casualy
>hey Bro you know that qt? Set me up.
> hey Mark, do you know something about this?
Talk for some time and after time realize that you either trust them ( candidates for good friends) or not. Don't ever tell them that you wanna be friends. After time most people will just assume you are friends. Once you can easily say sup Bro how are you. (obviously not in this Bro tier language) and they tell you, just say something like.
>hey man wanna grab a beer and bitch about the boss? Don't force it.
If he declines just be like, sure some other time.
Most important thing is to bond with the person. That requires you trust them and they trust you. It's always a give and take

>Bro we should hit a bar and pick up some chicks

basically location, location, location

If you are lifting in a city you can always ask lets get something to eat

if you're in the middle of nowhere it won't work

Dont be so cringey man

Step 1. Learn a little bit about your gymbro. Ask him whats his favorite sport for example
Step 2. If he likes baseball tell him you've got an extra dodgers ticket or w/e and ask if he wants to go
Step 3. Now that youve gotten to know him a little better ask if he wants to go to a bar to watch the ufc fight

Think of making friends like romance in Bioware games. You talk to them after every one of your missions. You get closers to them until the camera starts panning to their ass. Then eventually you find their dead mother's broach and you max out the romance with them. You can either Fuck or continue bringing them on missions and pretend you bond as much as you did before.

>greet people in the gym
>talk to people in the gym
>never part of the clique
>some dyel comes in
>day 2 already shaking hands with people

CHICAGO
H
I
C
A
G
O

>we should go to straight barbell locations and pick up members of the opposite sex then go back to my apartment and touch penises together... FUCK! I mean we should then insert our straight male genitalia into their female genitalia. Hope our supermarket doesn't inseminate their fertile eggs am I right bro?! Five high!

>nailed it

Hey man, wanna go grab a beer after this?

> Uhhh sorry, beer doesn't really fit in my macros ...

>have the desire to hit up old qts from high school and uni but I know they'll just call me creepy and I'll get nowhere

Bro do you even pain and gain?
> that's great and beer is just an expression let's do something else.
If he says no again just say, sure some other time

Im at a point in my life where moving to a new city with no friends sounds heavenly. Fuck other people.

From experience, put yourself in places where you know people are LOOKING to make friends or talk to people clearly new in the environment. I.e. first day of uni, first day of school, the dyel who just joined your gym, the foreign exchange student, new guy in town, new guy at work.

Basically there's something called Dunbar's number that is the index for how big our social circle can be due to how our brain works (i.e. you dont have the capacity for more than 3-5 really close friends and something like 20 low maintenance friends). You need to find people who aren't already at that limit.

I say this as somebody with literally 2 close friends and 0 friends with whom I actually do activities.