QTDDTOT

Previous thread is falling into oblivion.

I had this very terrible stomach flu today and was up for 8 hours vomiting bile. Also had diarrhea. I feel a lot better now, but I haven't ate shit all day, only gatorade and crackers. Do you think I lost some gains?
Also I'm going away for vaycay for a week tomorrow. How bad will I lose my gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck, I would just give up

you probably just lost some water weight. You're gains will be fine with a week off as long as you eat enough and keep your protein intake high. get back to it when you're feeling better and done with your vacation.

Which plane of oblivion though? Do you know?

Are benching (shoulder width grip) and dips, 3 sets each enough tricep work for a push day?

Just started lifting again after not having lifted for a bit, do you guys tend to lift while still sore? I lifted yesterday, and I was thinking about lifting tomorrow but I'm still pretty sore. I really want to lit though

What are your warm up sets like? I'm thinking of going 1x10 at 50%, 1x10 at 60%, 1x10 at 70%, then 3x5 at 80% of my one rep max. Is this optimal?

>do you guys tend to lift while still sore?

Yes if I'm feeling good in general and have had rest days as planned. Usually the soreness goes away after my warm-up.

Beginning my third month of lifting while eating at a 500 kcl deficit. Lost 30 pounds since January and have made good strength gains...except for The Press.

5x5 I can do:
>Deadlift 145 lbs
>Squat 105 lbs
>Bench 90 lbs
>OHP 60 lbs

All lifts have progressed from week to week, but Press has been stalled at 60 or four weeks now. How do I make that shit go up? Eating more is not an option at this point.

No, throw in some 3x8 CGBP. Really focus on form.

Why the fuck is 24 Hour Fitness so shitty? 90% of the 24 gyms in my area are nasty, never get cleaned, the weights smell like bleeding ass, and half the shit in them are broken.

All this despite living in an affluent area... I wish there were better gyms near my home/work

>rotate grip width
>rotate sets*reps
>push-press the first rep to prevent early failure
>work your upper back, core and triceps

that's something that might work, hard to say what your problem is exactly though

What was your starting weight/height?

If you stall 3 or more times on SL, delaod by 15-20% and work back up.

>tfw no qt English teacher gf

What are some other fat-rich food sources I can add to my diet? I've got a good spread on carbs, proteins, fruit and vegetables, but for fat it's nuts and olive oil and not much else. I'm fucking sick of peanut butter.

I was injured for the past 7 months and I gained 30 lbs. I was finally given the all clear to do strenuous physical activity again today

I'm not sure if I should go back to running 5k every day right away, or if I should ease into it by doing some type of easy cardio like DDP yoga for a week or two

5'8" manlet race
215 lb in January to 179 lb today, but only started lifting near the end of March.
Doing Sean10mm's stripped 5x5 routine.
Any accessories that I should be doing?

Fuck, I should have specified one of my injuries was a broken ankle. Doctor said it's 100% healed now, but still

Yo, so I've been on SS for about 15 weeks and I've been pretty happy with the results, though my diet/sleep wasn't the best while at uni. A couple weeks ago I finally stopped being a fuck and purchased SS: BBT. However, after reading it and reading bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html I don't know what to do with regard to my diet.

I've always been skinnyfat, now I'm somewhere between skinnyfat and average. I want to progress on my lifts but I'm not huge on the thought of gaining (more of) a belly/lovehandles.

So Veeky Forums, between Rip and Lyle, who do I listen to?

My stats:
5' 11'', 165lbs
Squat: 180lbs
Press: 90lbs
Deadlift: 225lbs
Bench Press: 120lbs
Power Clean: 115lbs
(Max # Chin-ups, since I suck at them: 3)

What level of 24H is it?
The one I go to is a Super Sport and it's really nice.
The 24 Hour Sports I've been to are a lot dingier, but still not terrible.

it hurts

whats some non-meme abs stuff i can add to SS? weighted situps? on an incline? planks?

I used to lift back in high school and college and was juicy but never shredded (220 6'1) but now I'm 30, and I'm a fucking lardo from years of computer programming and terrible diet.

Strong Lifts + cardio the best thing to get back at it? Or should I do shit loads of cardio and some kind high-rep girl program?

strong lifts and good diet at calorie deficit i think would be best

if you're still going to eat like shit yeah i would do cardio too

i dont actually think i know what im talking about though

Most are sports but even the super sports are shit. I swear to christ the weights and equipment have never been cleaned in years and all of the cardio equipment is busted. The only new machines are those gimmicky treadmill ellipticals with TVs, meanwhile all of the normal treadmills and shit are falling apart. Seems like they make plenty of money to fix this shit and hire competent cleaning staff but I guess not...

If i'm just looking to get functional strength and cardio, would being drunk while working out ruin it?

what kind of row should i row

I plan on getting back to my clean eating. Diet used to be standard meat & veg with brown rice but my whole system is fucked off from years of abuse. Thinking about doing one of those juice reboot things for like a week or two, but the idea of eating practically 0 protein for that long seems kind of gnarly.

barbell

I see alot of posts about "oats" are you guys talking about oat meal? And if your are then do you put anything in it? Also is there any special reason you choose oats?

Yeah or you can have them raw like in muesli. You can use butter, cottage cheese, sugar, berries, all sort of stuff really...

Oats have plenty of fibre and protein and other healthy stuff.

How do you deal with shitty spotters at thr gym? I asked a guy to "hover his hands unde the bar" for my bench lress and he was legir pulling the weight from me even after I told him to let it go

Heavy singles are for powerlifters planning on competing.
Work with weight you can control (3-6 rep range).
I bench more than you and never used a spotter
H-homegym masterrace

avocado, coconut oil.

I work 3x5, but there are days I feel "weaker", dont know how better to put it. On those days I'd rather have someone there "just in case".

Buy fattier meat, sat fats are good for test.
Nuts are better than cocomeme oil, but avocado is legit.

Eat almonds, nigga.

With eating do you only have to make sure you get enough protein per day or do you also have to make sure you are over eating in terms of calories? If that latter what kind of foods should I be eating?

If bulking I recommend cashews.

Cashews seem to be one of the only foods which increases my body weight.

Almonds seem to just pass through me.

Sleep and eat.
Warm up sets are a good guage for your strength levels that day.
Dont be afraid to take an extra rest day from time to time. Veeky Forums likes to be autistic and think you need to follow the same schedule strictly or you wont make any gains.

But in reality 24 hours extra recovery from time to time is only going to help the situation.

Autoregulation, mang.

>tfw strict press lmao1pl8 and push press only 155lbx2
What.the.fuck.

Every time i train my push press it is decidedly weak, even if it is the first lift, and i feel fresh and strong and warm up properly.

I feel like my problem is form.. Sounds silly because it seems like there isnt anything to know, just cheat with your legs...

But i feel like the top half of the ROM i am still strict pressing it.

How do i make my push press more EXPLOSIVE while CHAD eats PIZZA?

Got a new job where I have to stand up 8 hours straight. First 2-3 hours are fine. After that the soles of my feet start to hurt really bad and my lower back starts hurting a lot. I mean, I deadlift a decent amoumt of stats and have an OK progress on my back but what movements could increase my stamina to this regard?

has anyone here tried datura?

I always had somewhat of a bad shoulder mobility and its really awkward for me to do lateral raises, there are some unpleasant clicks behind my rear delts, especially left one, and I'm afraid to fuck up my shoulders. There are no problems with OHP or DB presses though, should I just drop raises or is there a way to increase your shoulder mobility?

People on hallucinogen forums who have smoked their fucking bodyweight in DMT and eaten what you deadlift in mushrooms think anyone who tries datura is a crazy person.

Do you really want to be the kind of person they think are insane?
Tropane alkaloids are scary as fuark, and unless you extract it or analyze it, you can't establish a proper dose, as alkaloid content is so variable.

Some people will eat 30 seeds and catch a slight buzz, some will eat 5 and think satan is eating them.

Potency is highly variable. Fatalities are heavily associated with datura use.

At the top of every list of "things to bring to the gym" I see a "gym towel." Now, since I don't plan on showering there, and I'm just doing SL, all I need is a small hand towel to wipe off sweat from the bench, right? Obviously I am new. First day tomorrow.

I'm not going near the stuff, just curious if anyone else has tried it

say your TDEE is 2500 and after a cut you eat 6k cals a day for 3 days. will IIFYC kick in effect and turn the excess 10500 cals into 3 pounds of bodyfat?

if yes would you need to combat this wit ha week of psmf ?

It hot and I need to keep my energy up, but I still need to get a good ass cut going. I have some DNP I want to go ahead and use.

Is 250mgs of crystal DNP going to be decently effective on a cut and good at avoiding sides? How much will it increase my TDEE approx.?

Externally rotate your shoulders more when you side lat raise.
If you find this targets your front delt too much, lean over.

Dont forget to lock your knees, squeeze your glutes, and brace your core (suck that gut in the flex it)

There are tons of mobility exercises you can do for ever part of your body.

Do you even google?

I think some basic stretching stuff in the sticky. /owg/ might have some good info

I laughed so hard to that post for the past 10 minutes that my eyes are teary and my jaw hurts

You always lift when you're sore. One of the best ways to overcome soreness is going lifting again. It's eventually disappear almost completely.

My English teacher in high school was pretty hot.

This.
Fastest way to get rid of DOMS is to train sore.

Also after you train when sore, if you dont have a crazy pump, grab some babbyweight dumbbells and do some high rep pump chasing.

The BUURNN is incredible, and when you just think LOGICALLY about it, it is the best possible case scenario, GODDAMNIT!
Right babe?

Benadryl Diphenhydramine (DPH) is a similar safer compound, but still very unsafe (seizures and coma possible on moderate to large doses plus you can end up doing dangerous stuff while under the influence).

/dis/ over on 420 chan have plenty of anecdotes and dosage guidelines if interested.

is it even worth lifting at a caloric deficit? will i even gain any decent amount of muscle??

pls respond!!!

To gain muscle effectively you want to be in a caloric surplus.

If you're new to training it's possible to gain muscle while in a deficit but the effect will be minimised.

If you're new to training I suggest eating around maintenance. You'll gain muscle and become leaner to a point that's easily maintained for your genetics.

Otherwise the only reason you'd lifting in a deficit is to lose fat.

I have tapered down my use of caffeine till friday and cut it off after that.
I feel weak and fatigued.
how long does it take until I get my power back bros?

I'm 5'4 father of manlets. I'm 145 pounds and 17% body fat. Cutting down to 10%. Can I afford to run a 700kcal deficit up until at least 12% bodyfat? And then switch to the standard -500kcal deficit

You can gain muscle at an incredibly slow rate (like 3 lbs every 5 months) on a deficit so yes, lift. It's also important for maintaining strength and current muscle mass.

for negative dragonflags, is it natural i am using a lot of power from my arms to lower myself?

i grab a horizontal bar behind me, kick my feet up until i am on my shoulders and then slowly lower myself, which takes a lot out of my abs but also arms.

Had fuckarounditis for about a year and haven't been super motivated, realised it's because I don't have a goal. Decided I want to get to 1/2/3/4 and now I'm wondering if SL is the best way to achieve it.

Current 5RMs

Bench - 70kg
Squat - 75kg
Deadlift - 90kg
OHP - 47.5kg

if you walk past a girl at the gym and she makes eye contact with you and smiles does she want your dick?

also if the gym is empty and a hot girl gets a mat and does her abs right beside you while you do yours does she also want your dick?

also if two girls are in the same room as you and its just you three, and theyre talking on their phones and one of them is bent over on the ground with a butt wink and their ass sticking out in the air do they want you to fuck them?

im new to the gym so my dick is getting adjusted thanks for answering my noob questions

Women aren't a monolith

where do i find monoliths?

Summoning 'Fate'. Please. H-Hear my prayers

How do you efficiently bulk cook food. 1kg of chicken and veges takes 45 mins to cook and lasts one maybe 1.5 days. Fucking hell.

Recently fell in love with reverse pyramid training, doing it 4x a week, is this too much for a push day, only the 1st 3 lifts are RPT, the later or more for hypertrophy

Squat
Bench
OHP
Legpress
Decline bench
Shrugs
Medicine ball for core

pepsi max yes or no + why

Realize that the standard recommendation of 500 surplus/deficit is not a one-size-fits-all. For a guy at your size that's a much bigger number, relatively speaking, than for a 6'4 dude weighing 230 lbs. Since you're not really that fat, and your TDEE probably isn't that high given your size, I wouldn't go harder than -500.

As long as you're able to make consistent progress it's not too much.

Please respond..

I've heard you shouldn't exercise everyday so I've been doing every two days. My legs still ache and it's been 3 days, should I just go through with it or wait til the aching has stopped?

Working through the soreness helps the soreness go away

what routine will get you the most amount of muscle mass the fastest.

a 4 day U/L split or ppl (or maybe 3 days full body)

Novice routine if you are novice.

PPL if intermediate

>it seems like there isnt anything to know, just cheat with your legs...
Actually a push-press is slightly different from a regular press. You need to learn how to have the barbell rest on your clavicles. If you're holding it in your hands you can't properly transfer force from your legs into the bar.

If I want to in increase my caloric intak, do I just jump into it? Like +500 kcals from one day to another? Or do I need to ease into it. If the latter is correct, ho much kcals should be added every day/week/month?

Quick description: Played rugby for 10 years, got injured and had to stop for 18 months, limited exercise (physio stuff only mostly) put on weight, lost some strength etc.

Started SL 5x5 Yesterday (... checked my ego at the door, started with the bar)

planning to use couch to 5k or similar on off days. Rugby pre-season will start again soon (can finally play again)

eating at a small deficit for the moment.
what sort of results can i realistically expect in 3 months? Would H.I.I.T be better than the 5k for fat loss/stamina?

whats the advised split for ppl ?

You almost certainly didn't need to start with the bar.

Bring in HIIT a bit later on - its fucking useful for athletes, but its also stressful and kind of secondary to the baseline cardio needed to haul your arse back into position between plays. Ease into it.

no.

All sweeteners, all artificial drinks (anything that is not water) are shit. Stop that shit.

>what sort of results can i realistically expect in 3 months?
Probably surprisingly good results thanks to muscle memory.
A word of caution though: your muscles and cardiovascular system adapts to the training way faster than tendons, ligaments and bones. So be careful not to go completely apeshit too quickly just because your strength shoots up.

Not a ppl but if you don't consider yourself novice, pic related is a good option.

no i didnt but i figured it wouldnt hurt to make sure my form was good before I got back to lifting anything heavy

is it worth doing oblique exercises, if so what are some good ones

For most people? Not really. If you're an athlete or whatever it might be different.

where should i look during the squat?

i always try to look somewhere ahead of me like reppletits says, but my last workout a guy told me i should look up, and he said my form looked much better when i did that.

anyone know what the most proven way to decrease your heart rate is? i am currently at 70bpm and i would like to get it to like 55-60.

currently doing 3 days a week full body and no cardio.

so should i start doing LISS or HITT or both. on rest days only or everyday when i wake up for 30 mins.

Are you meant to go to failure for every set? Cause that's what I do and I always find myself needing to take very long rests (10 min for squats). If I rest for shorter I won't be able to lift as much and wont be going to failure until the last set.

Apparently the norm is 3-5 min rests but that seems so ridiculous. If I had rest that much my lifts would dramatically drop.

This is one of those things people have opinions on and there's no one universal approach.

Personally I prefer to look up. Feels like it helps me keep my chest up and lead with the chest rather than the hips rising. It also feels like I get more hip drive out of looking down but - for me - that's not worth the inevitable squat morning that follows.

It's hard to explain the difference between looking forward and looking up, either way you want to maintain a neutral spine/neck alignment.

Well i will push press our of the rack position, and see if that changes things

>Are you meant to go to failure for every set?
Absolutely not. There are a couple of things you need to consider:

First, while a set to taken to failure provides a stronger stimulus than if not, it can negatively impact performance on subsequent sets. So you have to look at the total amount of work you do and decide what approach improves this the most.
Second, while taking sets to failure provides a stronger stimulus, it is also much more fatigue inducing. This is especially true with the big heavy compound lifts. If you keep going balls out on deadlifts for example, you may end up giving more than you get back.
Third, going to complete concentric failure almost always comes with some degree of form breakdown. The more technical the exercise, the more this breakdown is going to screw with strength progression. The more total weight the exercise allows you to use, the more this breakdown is going to increase the risk you'll hurt yourself.
Fourth, when using weigths at 80-85% of your 1RM, all motor units are automatically recruited right away. When using lighter weights it's only once the set starts getting tough that you start seeing a potential benefit. Really light weights e.g. your 25RM must be taken to failure in order to provide a stimulus.

Here are some guidelines:

1) The heavier a set is in relation to your 1RM, the further you can stay away from failure and still benefit.

2) Don't take the heavy barbell lifts beyond the point of technical breakdown.

3) When trying to learn a new exercise, don't go to failure.

4) Always keep sight of the bigger picture. Your performance on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th set matters just as much as on the 1st set.

Calling user I think you might be right. Must have been a partial tear.

As far as rehab goes, what's the best way to integrate recovery exercises? I feel like doing them on an upper body day is a bad idea, so maybe do them on lower body day, or even rest days? Or give them a whole day of their own and add an extra day to my routine?

Basically what's the best integration for them without interrupting training too much?

Thank you!

Yea i always thought it seemed counterintuitive but I guess I was wrong, I'll try tone it back. So even if I can do an extra rep on my first set I shouldn't.

bump

During a cut, am i supposed to be hungry all of the time, even after eating?

give me a documentary to see that sugar&basic carbs are unhealthy as fuck.

i want to show it to my father, who has type 2 diabetes and still eating fuckton of white bread

Depends on how are you used to eat and what you eat usually (like completely removing carbs usually gets you cravings). But usually you shouldn't feel so hungry if you are up to a 500 kcal deficit.

No. You're either cutting way too hard or it's psychological.

ok, another question, why is the difference between my TDEE and my BMR like 1000 calories

i put in light activity (even tough i work out and walk back and forth from work)
yet it puts my TDEE at 3000 cals, even tough my BMR is 2000

can you really burn 1000 cals per day just from like, walking to work and shit?

he knows hes fucking up, its not a matter of knowledge. Just focus on enjoying your good years left with him. Trust me i know what im talking about.