QTDDTOT

QTDDTOT, Questions that don.... Does your body just shit out the excess protein you don`t need if you follow the 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/advanced-workout-plan/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How should I warmup before lifting weights? Not talking about the lift specific warmup sets, but prior to that.

Stretch dat ass out son

Does anyone here have experience with semen and food? I'm trying to train my gf to like the taste of my semen so in addition to eating more fruits, I'm going to try to feed her yogurt mixed with my semen. Will this work?

Copied from last thread. This is seriously important. I'm eating strawberries like a madman. Any other tips?

Pineapple and zinc you sick fuck.

I've got crippling social anxiety? Are there any cardio exercises I can do at home, without equipment? Bonus points for if I can do it without making loud noise around the house too.

Jumprope but use the rope to hamg yourself

How do I move past ab rollouts on my knees? Every time I try to do it from standing up, I fail, but I don't feel like I'm working my abs hard enough when I start on my knees. Is there a middle ground i'm not realizing?

Thanks, man.

I'm currently a fat as fatass, but working on SS. Accessories like Chinups / Pullups are not possible, as my gym only has a standard and not assisted pullup bar.

What replacement could I use for those exercises? Stats: 5'11, 265

i 6'5" and new to lifting. my legs are a lot further developed then my upperbody due to playing basketball a lot.

My maxes are:
Squat = 140
bench = 90
dead = 110

im currently doing SS with some accessories

So is t-rex mode a meme? And how do i avoid it?

Lat Pulldown or row.

YouTube : "Alan thrall dynamic Warmup"

No. If your body shat it out then it would be 0 cal. Do you think you can eat 10 lb protein and not gain any weight?

Do gslp instead of SS to avoid t-rex. Also record yourself to make sure you're squatting to depth

hmm googling that brings back two different results, phraks and classic. Have you done this program?Good results?

Do phraks. Yes, good results, and more fun and balanced than SS

Im a skelly Veeky Forums. 5'11 , 130 pounds and i need help. I know of some programs but i feel like im not strong enough for most like SS. I can barely curl 25 pounds or do 20 pushups. I know i have to eat more and ive started to but dont know much else. Any recommendations?

I'm trying to lose weight.
Is my diet feasible?
Breakfast - 40g oatmeal with 5 grams whey
Lunch - 60g oatmeal with 8 grams whey and a banana
Dinner chicken and vegetables
Post gym - whey and water.

Is eating that much oatmeal ok if I'm on a deficit

On a program like this, it suggests curls / skullcrushers. In terms of adding weight, is it still the same as before, like 2.5 lbs per workout, or because it's dumbells is it different?

Start out just with body weight (bar only, no weight) and try that. Ask the gym if there's someone who can spot you, because you're clearly Mr Bones, they won't say no, and work from there.

On vacation for a week, only have access to the hotel gym. I was on starting strength, but now I don't have the barbells to do the exercises.
Can I use this opportunity to focus on my arms?
I just got back from the gym there and did Triceps and Biceps.
Can I do this?
A: Triceps/Biceps/Back
B: Shoulders/Chest
Can I do ABABAx?
Or do I need to rest more inbetween.

No. Add weight until you can't do whats prescribed, then do it until you can do whats prescribed. Repeat

When doing lateral raises do you start with the dumbbell on the outside of your leg or touching around your mid-line?

My fingers hurt when I deadlift more than 2pl8.
Is my grip shit? Is my form shit? Wat do?

phraks is ok but i switched from phraks to fierce 5 novice within two weeks, its much better imo

What the fuck do I choose?

I kinda have this problem and I'm just past lmao2.5pl8. I think it's cause your grip kinda slips and the bar rolls forward a bit and pinches the tip of your fingers. Use chalk and make sure your hands are wrapped around the bar, not just making a J shape.

im REALLY new to this stuff so this might be a dumb question

when people say bulk they mean eat more to get bigger and cut means eat less to get smaller yeah? so if you have gains but cut, youre gonna lose bf, not gains? you work out in that time right

Why do black people always take all the 10s?

is it cuz they can't math?

>cutting
>oats
Why
Also just count the calories, it ain't hard

i fucking hate people that do this

some dudes took like 10 10s to put 50lbs on each side of incline bench

Was he black?

Brahahaha mixed grip on such weight. Oh my various gods.

might as well have been

>when people say bulk they mean eat more to get bigger and cut means eat less to get smaller yeah?
yup

>so if you have gains but cut, youre gonna lose bf, not gains? you work out in that time right
if you cut you will probably also lose some muscle, really depends how well you eat and other factors. if you're a fat newbie though you can still get newbie gains while cutting, but if you're already lifting for awhile it will be a lot harder.

Anyone have any experience with pic related or similar (like the Barilla brand ones or what have you)?

I'm on a cut but I am also trying to lower my carb intake and up my protein intake. Any insight on and diet tips would be heavenly. Thanks!

w-when should you use mixed vs standard on deady?

I eat these. They take a bit longer to cook than regular pasta but other than that I have no problem with them.

As far as I can tell they are also impossible to overcook. I have left them cooking for a good 5 minutes beyond usual and they came out the same. With these ones the extra protein comes from extra gluten though so you may give glutenphobics a heart attack with them.

cheers

Thanks! I dig the "impossible to overcook" bit, haha.

I haven't done much research on gluten, is it that bad? I heard about it all the time but I don't actually check if the food I am eating is high in gluten or not.

No, gluten is just the protein found in wheat. Some people have serious allergies to it (coeliacs etc) but for most people it is absolutely fine.
It is the new MSG, nothing wrong with it at all but everyone hates on it because they are retarded.

Not that I mind, my gf has a wheat allergy unrelated to gluten but the huge increase in gluten-free foods means an increase in wheat-free foods, so, it makes it heaps easier to buy food for her.

i once had a gilf sit next to me until the bus was literally empty before my stop

When the weight becomes too much for you to handle with a standard grip. Don't be a pussy and use it on warmup sets, and try to always train your grip so you don't have to use it. Could also possibly use straps.

What might my deadlift max be if I squat 300?

smash?

At that kind of squat 1rm, I've seen max deadlifts anywhere between about 250 and 450. Usually about 350 but there's not as much correlation as you'd think.

nah i just got off and pushed the doors open

Do I count the bar weight for squat, bench and deadlift?

It weighs nothing so no

If I only get about 1/2 gram of protein per pound of lbm, will I still makes gains? I'm okay with slower progress

Spinach is not a new vegetable to me, but for some reason over the course of the last week my body stopped breaking it down.

Like, when I look at my poop it has a green tint and you can still clearly see the leaves

Is that normal? I used to digest it fine.

If I order steroids from a dnm what are my actual chances of getting caught? Answers to this question online vary wildly. People say that you could have 5 kilos of cocaine sent to your grandma's house and nothing would happen or that you'll get a controlled delivery for a vial of tren and that SWAT, the FBI, the DEA, the ATF, the FDA and the TSA will show up break down your door and kill your dog.

Anyone with real experience?

Ye

it doesnt matter unless it happens to actually weigh something but even if it does as long as you can 'feel' out how much weight you personally need to be lifting it makes no difference

so I do Starting Strength , but the problem is there are days that I don't make it to the gym.
would it be a good Idea to get a pull up bar and for example do 3xfail pull ups whenever I don't make it to the gym ?

and generally would it be okay to suplement pull ups at home, everyday everyother day ?

Really low if you do it right. People you see getting caught fucked up or more likely the seller fucked up. Only use AlphaBay. Find a dealer and talk to him first. Ask him how he stealths. If he doesn't have a solid plan tell him to fuck off and find someone else. Always use your real name. It's counter-intuitive but a wrong or mispelled name is a huge red flag for customs

Skelly manlet looking to get fit, any opinions on the routine here: scoobysworkshop.com/advanced-workout-plan/

Substitutions, additions, and general advice are much appreciated

I use an oly bar so it weighs 20kg. Some people at the gym add the bar weight to their 1rm. But others don't.

So I guess it depends...

How do you make out?

No.

the real questions

Will my nips tighten to my chest when I lose enough bf?

Do you guys see any loose skin anywhere, if yea then where?

have you ever met someone, in person, who can do ~8 or more strict deadhang pullups with their own bodyweight added?

(i.e. if they weigh 150 pounds, their lats would be lifting 300 lbs total)

No. One of my buddies has the longest nipples I've ever seen and he is a very lean rugby league player.

Just learn to deal with it

Well is it bad?

Not at all. His are at least 3times as long as yours. Literally they are freaky long.

Noone will notice except for you

Kk thanks user!

Also, work chest more. Will look more proportionate if big pecs

Made a bet that involves losing 3kg (6.6lbs) in 2 weeks. It's somewhat a big bet (1k). It doesn't matter where the weight comes from, neither if I gain them back. I'm 172cm (5,7) 72kg (159lbs) for the record.
Second day already 2,2kg (4.8lbs) left after avoiding carbs for the water retention.
Any tips appreciated.

I don't feel my biceps being worked when I do bicep work, and they look like shit. Any advice?

>settling for first base when you could get to 5th

>scoobysworkshop.com/advanced-workout-plan/
Did you not read the description? It's for advanced trainees, not beginners. Listen, I understand your thinking but when it comes to training "advanced" isn't better - it's worse. Being advanced means doing twice the work for half the results simply because it's harder to make progress at that level. Find a program that's appropriate for your level if you want to see good results.

Let them stretch completely in the bottom of the rep.
Slow down and avoid ANY body momentum.
In the top of the rep, try to get your hand as close to your shoulder as possible, so you sort of squash your biceps between your forearm and upper arm, and hold that position for a full second as hard as you can.

Be prepared to reduce weight significantly.

I'm 23, male, 6'1 and 318 pounds

I'm a fat fuck looking to turn my life around and for about 2.5 weeks I've been exercising

but I have a question, according to an app I use, I can eat about 2k calories a day, the thing is, I under eat by a lot. Not on purpose, I just dont eat much anymore

What I dont understand is, if all I have to do is eat less than 2k calories a day, what is the point of me exercising?

I'm going to keep doing it, but I'm just curious

I record it because I do not always use the same bar/gym so I like to be able to work out how much I need to get to the same weight with a different bar.

>what is the point of me exercising?
Cardio increases general health & well-being, nutrition partitioning (better body composition), better work capacity. And of course more energy spent means you can eat more so you don't feel as miserable, which some people do.

Resistance training has some of the same benefits but in slightly different ways. It also helps you build lean mass that will increase your BMR, effectively making you burn more calories even while just sitting around.

But strictly speaking, you don't HAVE to exercise just in order to lose weight.

I am not that guy but I have been ordering shit online for years, legit or otherwise. My middle name is a hippie bullshit name and that is what I always put on my orders.

If people do not bat an eye at packages going to "Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All", I do not get why they would freak out with any other wrong name. Though I am not in the US so I suppose it might differ. Hell I am not even registered as living at this address.

Ok, I'll try and squeeze my arms tonight, thanks

Best warmups to avoid golfers/tennis elbow?

Hurt elbow a while back, after a month of /nolift/ deciding to get back in to it.

I understand

and I assume since I do burn calories, about 600 each day 5 times a week, I should reach my target weigh faster?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I know nothing of health really, wasnt my thing in college

can i drink protein shakes while intermediate fasting?

That's kind of what I was figuring, but for my weight I have relatively "decent" upper body strength, so I meet the 10 pullup/20 pushup recommendation. Thanks for the input!

I went from 146 lbs 13,6% bf to 144 13,3%. How bad did I fuck up?

Should I foam roll before or after cardio (basketball)? Or both?

yea but do it after eating or else youll feel sick as fuck

I am ending my cut gradually, upping 100 kcals per week until I get to bulking calories ( around 10 weeks). In a couple weeks I will be going to the gym for the first time (did calisthenics for 3 months due to injury) and do greyskull lp. Is it possible to increase lifts while still on a deficit for these weeks? Or should I start with GS only when I am in "bulk range" of calories?

Didn't actually see an answer to this.

No. Your body breaks down pretty much anything you eat into simple sugars for energy. That includes most of the protein you eat. The exceptions are essential amino acids (wiki them) which your body can't synthesise on it's own, and which you therefore have to get through diet.

The reason eating slightly too much protein may still be a good idea is that the presence of some essential amino acids (lucene I think) actually stimulates muscle growth.

Curls, 20+ reps. Get as much fluid into the elbow joint as possible and it'll be lubed up nicely. Also try to identify which exercises may be causing you trouble and avoid those for a while. Chin-ups on a straight bar are elbow killers, as are heavy triceps extensions.

>I should reach my target weigh faster?
Yes. Although at some point you should begin to slow down due to the annoying fact that weight lost quickly is often weight regained quickly.
If the goal is sustained weight loss, you should try to get there through sustainable lifestyle changes. Otherwise you'll return to previous habits and the bodyweight that comes with those habits. The hard part isn't losing the weight - it's keeping it off.

Technically speaking it'll break the fast. That's not to say it won't still work for you though.

Still, simple is better. Always strive to do the simplest thing for as long as it keeps working. That means quicker results.

Such a small change could be due to a host of things, even just an error in measuring.

Well figure out why you foam roll in the first place, and you'll know when to do it.
Always know exactly why you do the things you do.

You can see good progress for a while every time you introduce new exercises even when eating at a deficit. That's because of neuromuscular adaptations and because it's a novel stimulus (note that that doesn't mean you should be changing things all the time just because you're cutting - that'll lead to spinning your wheels).

I was just thinking about that same thing today... Does anyone know?

How does liver prioritise toxins while on keto?

I know that if you drink alcohol it is the first priority of being metabolised by the liver, but im wondering if i smoked 2 weeks ago and then got road side drug tested, would i still come up for having THC in my system because my liver is dealing with keotones

y tho ?

So I have been dieting for about two months now. I am 6' and started at 315 and am down to 293. I started on an extreme 600 calories for a week, bumped it up to 1200 the next week and am now eating 1800ish which is supposed to be the healthy amount to eat if I want to lose 2lb a week. But for the last 2 weeks I have not lost any weight. Whats the deal? I am not cheating, I measure my food out and track it on my phone so I know I am not underestimating my calorie intake, and even if I was I am at a 1000 calories deficit so I couldn't be underestimating that much. Any idea whats going on? has my body already adjusted to 1800 calories?

m8 i can take a shit that weighs 4 pounds. what scale are you using, when are you weighing, is it at a consistent time eg right when you wake up
4 pounds is fucking nothing.

It's no big deal if you miss a day every now and again (if for a good reason) on SS, just pick up where you left the next day. Whether you do AxBxAxx or AxxBxAx for example isn't going to make much of a difference. Although, in the grand scheme of things, realize that if you keep missing workouts there's going to be quite a big difference between having done 150 workouts in a year and 120 workouts in a year.

Regarding the pull-ups - If it's something you'd like to do I recommend you transition to Greyskull Linear Peridization instead of SS. It's a very similar program but allows for more freedom and the book actually contains suggestions on how to augment the program with daily chin-ups and push-ups.
Personally I also think GSLP is the better program, once you got the basics down, which I assume you do.

How often do you weigh yourself? If you only do it once a week, a host of factors can influence the number on the scale - water retention in particular. Just because you didn't lose any weight you can still have burned fat. I recommend you take waist measurements in addition to weighing yourself. If those are going down, everything is going fine.
If you're not lifting weights, start right the fuck now.

I weigh myself at the same time in the morning before I eat or drink and usually after I take a shit. I also weigh myself nude. Although it might not be the most accurate scale my weight does change when I remove my clothes or take a dump.

>How often do you weigh yourself? If you only do it once a week, a host of factors can influence the number on the scale - water retention in particular.
So one of the big changes I made to my diet was I went from eating no carbs to eating carbs. Again I am at a 1000 calorie deficient for my height and weight just now I am eating carbs. I expected to gain water weight associated with glycogen storage but how long does it take for your body to replenish its glycogen and how much glycogen does a person have?

there seem to be alot of variations of the landmine press, which one is the best for developing the upper chest?

Is 6 foot too small to be a quarterback? I'm in Australia so it's not a massive thing here

OK well in that case it should be expected for your weight loss to stall for a little while. Note that this does NOT mean your FAT loss has stalled. Just be a little patient and I'm sure your weight will start going down again.
I still recommend taking waist measurements too though.

Here's a bro-sciency answer for you that's actually the only answer that makes sense: Hold the weight in one hand, place your fingers on the part of your pectorals your want to develop. Try different angles, grips and elbow positions. You will literally be able to feel where you get the most activation when you have your fingers on your pecs since the contraction will push your fingers up when you get it right.

I have back pain but it's weird.

Nothing I do seems to work

Usually, I just deload to ridicouslusly low weights, and do rows and deadlifts in the 30+ rep-range so I hit those misbehaving muscles. But this time can't hit them.

I tried the pelvis reset (doesn't help), bumping the painfull area with a lacross ball (helps a bit) and some minor stuff but nothing seems to hit that area.

The pain is on the left side at about elbow area. It's not concentrated around the spine. I'm not an anatomy expert but I think it's either the QL muscle or rib muscle.

The pain only flares up when I twist or turn my torso. When the trunk is in a stable position there's no pain.

Anybody had a similar injury/what did you do to help?

when i eat during my cut i dont feel full and i end up eating more shit during the day -.- what should i do?

Drink more water. Fill up with veggies.

I used to do cuts where my main meals were chicken and a shitload of salad or shredded cabbage. You literally can eat a pound of salad and 0.5-1 lbs of chicken three times a day and not overeat. That's 6 pounds of food.

Sometimes I feel my muscles for like a week or so after training. Mainly abs and chest. Is that bad? What are the consequences of this and how do I prevent it?