Dumbell bench press vs barbell bench press. I do the former as I don't have a spotter right now...

Dumbell bench press vs barbell bench press. I do the former as I don't have a spotter right now. What do you think of these, which is better and why?

Just be yourself lol ;]

I do both.

Barbell is nice cause more weight total cause you have to stabilize less

Dumbbell is nice because you use stabilizers more and you can make sure you dont have any imbalances

I find dumbbells comfier desu, I haven't found anything to suggest you make less gains with them so I do dB press.

dumbbell ftw

you can isolate your chest way better and barbells are hurting your shoulders too much, trust me, i lift

When I lifted at the gym I mostly did heavy dumbbell pressing because I don't know why, I just preferred it. I worked up to pressing 55kg Dumbbells (each arm) so I got decently strong with them.
Now I've been lifting at home for the last 1.5 years and exclusively done barbell bench press.

Chest has still been developing like normal, didn't lose any gains, still have that round solid chest.

That said, there's literally no difference in which one you do.

>trust me I lift
Is this a new meme?

I injured my shoulder, and barbell benching hurts it. So I use barbell overhead pressing as my main strength movement, with heavy Dumbell bench press and Dumbell incline press as accessories

Why the fuck cant you bench without a spotter?

Just don't go to failure and your fine

>not going to failure
Why even lift if that's your attitude, lift until you can't anymore, then go lighter, repeat until you can't do a single rep even light. That's what dumbbells offer.

Barbell allows for more triceps involvement.
Dumbells allows for more symmetric development, and involve the stabilisors more.

>I just lift the pink 1lb weights. I havent found anything to suggest you make less gains using them.

>hurting your shoulders with Bench press
You're doing them wrong.

>projecting this hard
Future Trap detected

>barbells are hurting your shoulders too much, trust me, i lift

>i lift

Not very well that's for sure

this

sort your bench form out you dumb faggot, not that anyone would care if you drop the bar on your neck and end yourself

either on gear or dyel

>shredding your shit up so recovery takes longer than the actual adaptation, thereby missing out on more opportunities to lift and grow

Tfw your 2hardcore4u training is actually dumb and ignorant

I imagine there would be a small stabalizer difference

>trust me, i lift

It's not a bad attitude. It's just not as efficient and kinda stupid really. You can end up actually slowing your progress or even going backwards because you're doing damage. Like the one bro said you're either on gear or you're dyel.

When you finally start pressing serious weight you'll understand why dumbbells suck. I like using them as an accessory, lightweight, high rep choice, though.

Hello Summerfriend!
>shredding
Lifting grows muscle by breaking them down forcing them to grow bigger. It's not a secret.
>slowing progress
Lifting heavier is slowing down? Your retarded.
>gear or dyel
Way to cover your bases, you sure know everything.
>serious weight
Autism won't increase your gains

tbqh familia bench as a whole is highly overrated for both aesthetics and FUNCTIONAL strength. Overhead press is superior measurement when it comes to FUNCTIONAL and APPLICABLE strength measurements. As well, an overly developed chest looks weird on men.

But do whatever famalam

Sorry chap. You're in the wrong on just about every point here.

dyel it is then

>point
You think I'm either on gear or skeleton. You literally haven't a clue.
>dyel
Post your body Pajeet since your obviously a pro BB'er

I don't know if you're on gear.
I don't know if you're a skely.
I do know that unless you are one of those things your training as you described it is extremely inefficient.

Actually if you're on gear or a skely its still a really inefficient program but it just matters less. You'll grow noticeably even with a pretty shitty program anyway.

Lots of people seem to suggest that DBs are better for chest hypertrophy. With the DB you also have far more choice of hand positioning, 'bar' path etc., making it a lot easier to perform if you have joint issues or injuries. And regardless of whether you want to call it broscience, the "squeeze" you can achieve with a DB press certainly makes it feel like it's doing more than a flat bench imo.

I use DBs at the moment because I still only use the second highest DBs at my gym for flat bench.

>lifting heavy is slowing down.
Umm... we were talking about lifting to failure not lifting heavy. Now you don't even know your own argument. Confirmed for dyel AND retarded.

DB provides more mobility and lets you stretch those pecs