Just had my first sleepparalysis, now I'm to scared to go back to sleep

Just had my first sleepparalysis, now I'm to scared to go back to sleep.
Will getting one of those higher the chance to get more and therefore fucking up my gains, because >no sleep
Also, do you have experiences with sleep paralysis?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_unexpected_death_syndrome
youtube.com/watch?v=zFvSMczBcdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I get it from time to time. Shit sucks , but I'm usually good for a few months after an episode. It only happens three or four times per year now. Sleeping on your back increases the likelihood of it happening. I've never had it occur while sleeping on my stomach, and only very rarely while on my side.

Had my most recent one last week. Girlfriend thought I was dying. It was her first time seeing it happen to me. Kept tapping her with the hand I had on her back and barely whispering to wake me up through staggered breath. You get better at managing the fear and irrationality that comes with it. Don't let it scare you away from sleep.

You'll be okay, user.

I've had frequent sleep paralysis episodes since I was 12.

The three worst episodes was when I "move" and I feel like I moved.
First one I "talked" to my brother and he reached into my mouth and started shoving his arm into my throat, and I felt like I was choking to death.
Second one was I "managed to get" my sister's attention when she wasn't even there, but "she" grabbed me and started violently shaking me, but she had no head so I panicked.
Third and most recent terrible episode involved my "mom" in the middle of the night. Apparently I got her to wake up (but I really didn't) and she tried to wake me up but instead started choking me.

Aside from that my sleep paralysis is more of a bother than it is scary. I simply flip my head around and try to shout as loud as I can. It's fucking terrible when I got a pillow or a blanket over my face though, and I can't breathe. Also awful when I finally manage to wake up, but my eyes and head is so tired that I end up falling back asleep and paralyzed again.

bro i'm gonna say the worst shit but you gotta believe it to be true
this shit aint gonna happen if you no a-scared of it.
>mind over matter

I've had 3 episodes my whole life and every time was sleeping on my stomach

Shit is Fucking scary

had it once last year after months of weekend drug usage

only once though

damn it was scary, feeling like something was in my room and not being able to move anything except eyes

seems like a deep psychological issue and not normal sleep paralysis

the more "extreme" episodes you have indicates that something might be wrong with you (which you most likely are not aware of and is subconscious)

I'm Filipino and it's pretty normal for it to happen. Not exactly sleep paralysis (but awareness of surroundings and inability to move your body is part of it) but it's linked to this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_unexpected_death_syndrome
or SUDS, for short. It's also what the Nightmare on Elm Street and Freddy Kreuger is based on.

once you realize its happening you can just focus really hard on trying to move your arms and eyelids and usually snap out of it
but yea its pretty much the scariest shit you can ever experience

My gf gets it occasionally. She's had one episode since we started living together. I heard her whimpering and woke her up. She was trying to scream but that's all that came out.

I've had it before but lucky for me my dreams are always just black. So it usually just me laying in bed realizing I'm sleeping and not being able to move. I'd probably be terrified if I suffered it while actually seeing things.

this is totally new to me. im really shocked, i thought it was just some unpleasant thing that happens on occasion like when you arm is completely asleep. what does it feel like exactly?

From what I can gather being unable to move while hallucinating terrifying shit at worst. Being paralyzed and not quite awake at best.

for me it's like i'm "awake" in the room that i'm sleeping in, but also dreaming/hallucinating at the same time. so i'll be lying on my bed and there will be people or creatures or whatever moving around and I can't move at all.

I've also had it where I'd "wake up" but would actually just be in another layer of the dream

worst of all is that there is just this intense feeling of terror, even if what's happening isn't really that scary

You wake up, realize you can't move any part of your body and start to panic. This is usually accompanied by intense hallucinations of an intruder in your room.

I had it once. I woke up in the middle of the night unable to move anything except my eyes and my fingers. I couldn't even yell out for help. Any attempt came out as a soft moan. I could hear footsteps in the hallway next to the door of my room and someone violently shaking the door knob, trying to get in. This lasts for a few minutes but it feels like an eternity of pure terror.

You can't move any of your body parts. Sometimes you may feel pressure as if someone were pushing down on you. This can happen while you are entirely asleep and still dreaming, or in that halfway point where you are waking up, but you can't open your eyelids. So all you see is the back of your eyelids and you can't move.

I got my first one after watching paranormal activity. I thought it was weird because the movie was more cheesy than scary.
I didn't see anything but I kept thinking "if I see anything, I'm gonna break free and beat the shit out of it." I kept fighting and squirming to get my arms back until I tired myself outand fell asleep again.

jesus christ lol

youtube.com/watch?v=zFvSMczBcdY

did it feel like some invisible thing was strangling your soul and dragging it into hell?

I shouted out the name of Jesus just before it took me out of my body and it left.

Can you be woken up from this shit? I've only had sleep paralysis a few times in my life but it's fucking terrifying and when you experience pain in your dream it actually feels real. I usually attempt screaming but it feels like I can't even scream. Eventually I wake up after trying to scream for a while. My parents said I was screaming really lightly in my sleep.

So basically, if my gf notices me freaking out in my sleep, could she just slap me in the face to wake me up or would that be bad?

Yes she could, but the thing is that they'd have to notice it. If they can't hear you screaming or still look like you're sleeping to them, they won't know to wake you up.

ive been getting them since highschool, had it in class the first time during senior year. I can induce it now by becoming sleep deprived, and sleeping in short bursts. i fucking love it, its such a surreal feeling.

I'm this guy and some of these stories are very similar to my experience. I never actually open my eyes tho, it's actually a battle to do so since I would be barely able to take a peep if I do. But basically I experience vivid violence (that, for some reason, take in the form in my loving family ???). But, over the years I've learned to never do one thing: move anything else other than my head and eyes. Every time I "move" (but I don't in real life) like sitting up or rolling my body or even putting my arms up, I get violently pushed down back and choked by some force. I always feel a gush of air on my face and torso every time it happens.

It's only superstition that you shouldn't wake someone up from sleep paralysis. You'll be fine. But yeah. It's most terrifying if you live alone since no one is going to hear you if you do shout.

Some of the more violent ones are Nightmare in Elm Street-esque. It's when you feel like your getting choked but in real life you're choking yourself with you own hands. Or if you're getting beaten in your sleep in real life you're flailing around in your bed.

Either way getting someone to wake you up is fine and is the easiest way to wake up actually.

Felt fine for me cause I knew what was happening, I 'woke up' unable to move or talk, pretty sure all I could manage was a murmur then felt this shrouded figure (like one of thoes lotr horse dudes) over me sort of screaming ghastly at me, but I knew weird shit like that happened eventually I feel back asleep and woke up like normal, was a pretty cool experience desu

How the hell are all of you seeing things when you get sleep paralysis? I just wake up in my room and can't move, but I never see any dark figures or anything. I'm just trapped in my own body laying there.

it depends on the person, some people see a little imp kind of thing on their chest because something is pressing on their chest and their imagination is filling in the blanks. etc

I see the exact room i'm in as if I was awake and lying in bed, but its not real

I've had a jurassic parkesque one where a raptor was stabbing me in the back with it's claw and then I awoke with white hot pain in my back. I've also had it where a creepy motherfucker was staring at me from the edge of my bed. The worst feeling is not being able to move.

I've had a few others where I thought there was an intruder in my home but couldn't move to get up and I would like try to will every fiber of my being to move but I just couldn't. My parents said they heard me scream in my sleep once or twice when I was a kid.

I haven't had sleep paralysis myself but is it true that if you hold your breath during an episode you will wake up

I think you'll most likely die

My first time was frightening. I desperately tried to wiggle to the edge of my bed so I could fall and force myself to wake up. I would try to yell for help hoping someone would wake me up but only wimper.

Just last week I kept thinking i was actually waking up and getting up only to find out I'm still sleeping. This happened like 5times until I really really woke up. I'm used to it now

This works sometimes... I always try to exhale quickly... it's hit or miss

You'd knock yourself out and autonomous breathing would be reasserted. Are you retarded?

Sleep tight, burgerpeople. Just remember to wake up!

Fuck now I'm afraid to go to sleep. This is some Freddy Kreuger shit.

Sleep deprivation can actually be one of the causes so get your ass to bed.

No I couldn't I knew I was in it, while I had it, I was fully aware, but I still panicked, because shit's scary when you never had it before