Do I really need 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight? How do I get that much?

Do I really need 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight? How do I get that much?

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

eating

4 scoops per 2 scoops times 3 scoops

NO, YOU DO NOT. ONE GRAM OF PROTEIN FOR EACH KILOGRAM OF BODYWEIGHT IS MORE REASONABLE, BUT STILL MORE THAN YOU NEED IF YOU ARE A MODERATELY ACTIVE ADULT. THE ONE GRAM PER POUND IS A MYTH PERPETRATED BY THE SUPPLEMENT INDUSTRY TO PUSH OVERPRICED AND USELESS PROTEIN POWDERS, AND THIS IS REPRODUCED MINDLESSLY BY FITNESS "GURUS" AND RANDO GYM RATS ALIKE.

the memes people fall for.

TELL EM

th-thanks senpai...

So which whey powder flavor should I get?

That's a bunch of crap. Since it's literally impossible to predict the exact amount of protein you need every day if you're trying to build muscle, you HAVE to err on the side of 'too much' because if you guess wrong and don't get enough, then you sabotage your gains.

Your flagrant use of capslock and your overall tone lead me to believe that you've failed to make any gains at all, or just plain got fat and didn't get stronger, and are massively butthurt over it. No excuse to give shit advice to people, though, so how about you step off?

I drink mocha flavor it's breddy gud senpai

so how much do you think is optimal and also post pic of physique so I know your not just shit posting

I recall casey butt saying a study found that something like 0.8g per pound of LBM was closer to the optimal, but really, who cares, 1g/pound is easy to remember, easy to achieve (with chicken breast) and better be safe than sorry.

0,8 g per pound is erring on the side of way to much.

Its not shit advice. You don't need to eat your weight in protein grams. Its not as efficient in losing weight to eat more fats/carbs, but it isn't as big a deal as people make it out to be.

Also, too much protein gives you bad breath.

French Vanilla is god tier for most cooking applications. Can even drink that shit with straight cold water and it still tastes awesome.

Normal adult: 0.7-0.8g/kg
Doing strength training: 1.2-1.5g/kg

So, for you americucks it's about 0.5g-0.7g/lb

No, that is too much. Studies show that 1.6g/kg (0.73g/lb), or twice the recommended daily allowance of 0.8g/kg, has marked advantage for muscle and strength gains over the RDA, but that no significant difference was measured between 2 and 3 times (2.4g/kg) the RDA.

0.73 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight is sufficient for everyone.

Flavor-wise, I recommend ON gold standard Chocolate Mint. I prefer this over any normal chocolate or double chocolate flavors because the mint freshness helps cut through the sickly-sweetness of more strongly-flavored protein supplements. Also I recommend making it with hot tapwater instead of cold for a tastier hot cocoa-like experience (although I barely taste my whey anymore, I usually just open up my throat and pour the whole thing straight down now).

I heard 1,8g per kilogram of bodyweight.

>Stick to the protein supplement industry shill of 1lb of protein per bodyweight
>don't supplement protein at all, get all protein from meat and dairy
>don't have to go out of my way to get in that much protein naturally, just down 2 500ml tubs of fat free quark or regular quark depending on cut or bulk
>mfw

Just made rocky road with skim milk mixed in.

Never again.

1,5 grams per kg of LEAN BODY MASS, as in you have to subtract your fat from your total weight.

1,75g actually

Friendly reminder that elite lifters actually need slightly less protein intake than beginners because their bodies adapt to utilize it more efficiently.

spoken like a guy who has done no background research and has been eating too much protein

Is it .8g/lb of body weight or lean body mass?

I get 150g of protein a day with only one protein shake after my workout. Shrimp, chicken, turkey, etc have more than enough protein. You don't need to buy supplements.

enjoy your liver damage

Total body weight. 150g protein daily for a 200lb man is perfectly sufficient.

Lean body mass. So you need like 20g protein

The sticky recommends 1g per 1lb of body weight.

The sticky also recommends SS. Make if that what you will.

First thing you need to understand is that the 1g per meme is based on LEAN bodyweight. so if you are 240 at 22%bf then 187 grams is more than enough.

idk but this might be legit bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

nah you need .8g to the kilogram

Semen is a great source of protein and your dad's semen is even richer in the stuff

I'm going to hijack OP's thread with my own questions:

I am going to start lifting for the first time in my life. I've read the sticky and I understand the calories in/calories out for bulking and cutting, but as a new lifter who is already lean (6'2" 150 lbs.) should I be eating a maintenance level or TDEE+500. The same question applies to protein levels. I wouldn't mind gaining some body fat but if I can put on muscle and stay fairly lean that would be good too, since it's beach weather here.

You need one kilo protein per gram of lean muscle fat.

No its 1 pound of protein per kilo of ass fat

So if I'm 24kg that means I need 52.91lbs of protein?
I'm confused :\

It's per pound of lean mass. So if you are 200 pounds and 20% body fat, it's 160g.

How do you get it? Protein powder.

EAT BIG
CMON

If you're new you dont have to worry about diet all really. Just eat when you're hungry, and not crap like soda and candy and you'll be fine

Why aren't they pushing carb suppz then ? Moreprofit margin. Cows are expensive