Go on a 500 cal. deficit diet for a few months

>Go on a 500 cal. deficit diet for a few months
>reach a healthy BMI
>Switch to eating the normal amount of calories for my BMR
>gained back all the weight back

Seriously, why does this always happen??

Could be
> not counting calories correctly
> over estimating activity level

because you have no discipline, that's why

I'm 5'11" 180 lbs and eat 2000 calories a day. Is that really too much? It feels like nothing.

because you eat too much junk food dumbass

Impossible to estimate someone over the internet. I'm 6'1 189 lb and eat about 2200 calories a day. This is to maintain a 4 day week program + cycling to work daily.

You need to just play with calories and diet to find what you respond well to.

I went from 195 to 165 and was really lean at 5'7. (4 years lifting).

I was on 2,500 calories at first, then 2,400, then 2,300, then 2,200. About 4-5 weeks on each. I was 165 during the 2,200/per day stage.

Then I started eating like 3000-3300/per day to bulk and within 8 months I gained back 20 pounds.

I am in the process of cutting again, this time when I finish cutting I'm keeping calories in check much lower, probably like 2,500-2,700 or so, and I'll be sure to watch the scale to make sure it isn't spiking up.

Then continue with your deficit diet. Why did you switch back ?

It's too much if you sit around all day

Did you not think "oh why gosh darn' by golly I seem to have gained some of those pesky pounds I lost! Better make a deficit before I get fat again" instead of only asking once you put the weight back on you silly sausage.

Well shit, I don't have time to workout all day.

I don't want to eat at a deficit for the rest of my life...

You weren't eating "the normal amount of calories for your BMR" if you gained weight back, fatty.

Whats a realistic time frame to see results when cutting at 1200cal or a bit under?

You only need a 500 kcal surplus to bulk. Do it that way and you will gain the same amount of muscle anyway but less fat. Unless u start roiding. Then the game is different.

Seems like to count all the calories that you DRINK... you know beer soda etc have calories too

Its called metabolic adaptation. Your body adjusts to eating less food. Stop relying on calculators and formulas.

if you are 5'11 and over 200lb, 3lbs a week

Easy, you switched back to your old eating habits, that's why.

It's not a temporary thing, user. If you want to lose it and keep it off, you can't go back to eating a shit ton of calories

It's probably a problem with your diet, stop eating calorically dense foods and eat some quality gruel. Helps to just not eat when your hungry, your body is often lying to you.

5'1 145lbs

Get a standing desk. Sitting for hours on end in general isn't good for you and standing simply burns more calories as well.

>standing isn't good for you
>the most natural thing we can possibly do
>Not good for you

Heh

Uh, think you read that comment wrong bud.

>it's natural so it's good for you
Good to know. I guess I should just stop lifting and eat continuously.

I'm 5'9, 167lbs, eat 2200 calories a day and am still losing fat. You're not counting correctly or you're not exercising enough.

If you're gaining weight then yes. How fucking obvious does this need to be? Did all your lost weight come from brain?