QTDDTOT

last ones full

i always wondered: is it better to deadlift 3x5 or even 5x5 at ~70% 1RPM or just go for it 100% 1x5?

lets say for hypertrophy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw
youtu.be/iEYCgtl-c3Y
nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-3-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is doing a volume intense split (brosplit) or higher frequency split (full body) better for natty lifters wanting to gain mass?

you're asking the wrong question. the questions you should ask are "how much work do I need to do to disrupt homeostasis?" and "how long do I need to recover from that work?". that's the fundamentals of designing a routine.

the latter, at least until you get to advanced levels.

At what point to use mixed-grip for deadlifts (if ever)? Can't get to/past 225lbs just because the bar keeps rolling. Can do it fine mixed tho

first thing to do is get chalk. if you need more help then do hook grip. if that doesn't work then either go mixed or get straps.

No chalk in my gym, it's small af. Should I just move on to trying hook grip? I kinda wanna stick with overhand since i have bitch forearms

>No chalk in my gym
why are you so helpless?

you need to bring your own chalk.

lol not helpless, just in a place where getting chalk isn't possibility for a few months. (Third world country, no delivery/post near, no shops that sell, moving soon). But that's neither here nor there. gonna go with hook till i can get my hands on chalk.

It is normal to grow hair on the shaft of your penis while on minoxidil?

>inb4 stop masturbating with it

you should deadlift at 0rpm since you dont want the bar spinning

>At what point to use mixed-grip for deadlifts
you use mixed grip at the time you stop caring about your biceps tendon
youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw

im underweight so i've been eating like crazy and doing starting strength, and now even though im still technically underweight im flabby with no skelly abs

should i just keep going until im at a health weight and then recomp? im basically a flabby stick now

Kek

Repostan

Cutting. Im aiming for 1300 kcal a day
5,7 and 156 lbs

I have never been at 1300 kcal/day. Am I gonna die or ill be fine?

>doing starting strength
>flabby with no skelly abs
how about u go on a real routine like PPL?
SS is only for people who want strength gains,not aesthetics.

>I have never been at 1300 kcal/day. Am I gonna die or ill be fine?
oh my god americans

Can I get a form check sorry for shitty video
youtu.be/iEYCgtl-c3Y

you have a little bit of a buttwink and your knees travel too far forward.everything else looks fine.nice glute activation at the end too.

Thanks

I am recovering from a knee injury at work, and I was given the go-ahead to squat and do that type of stuff again, taking it easy of course.

My question is what type of squat is the easiest on the knees? I was assuming low-bar, but that is just an assumption.

Was thinking about giving front squats a shot, good or bad idea?

I just started lifting recently, Im 135, 5'9"

I was curling 30lb dumbells and 25lb ones.

also doing the thing where you lean on a bench and pull a weight up to your chest, i was also bending my wrist when doing that to try and work forearms too.

I have no idea what im doing,

But after i was done lifting my whole right arm started to feel cold and slightly numb, and its still like that today

What the hell did I do?
my arm has no pain, it can move in every direction, but it feels cold and numb

I'm just starting from skelly body (190cm/6.2ft - 65kg/143lb)
After doing 3/4 GOMAD during 4 weeks i gain 5kg/11lbs, I have not done any physical exercise.
I want to start doing some exercice, should i wait till i gaing more weight? Should i start with bodyweight before i try going to the gym? I look and feel very weak.

Im sorry little african child, is that a no?
I really dont want to die

Based on the past two weeks of experimenting and seeing what I can handle, I've come up with a 2 days on/1 off plan. Tell me what you think.

Day 1:
Incline Bench Press 3x5 for strength
Rack pull 3x3 for strength
Dips 30 total reps
Face pulls 3x20
Slight incline db bench 3x8-10
Chest supported db row 3x10-12

Day 2:
Split squats 3x5 for strength
Ohp 3x5 strength
Goblet squats 3x8
Seated heavy lateral raises 3x5 or so
Smith squats 3x15
Lateral raises 3x10

I might super set the stuff after strength movements. This is built around a knee injury that acts up frequently. It's what I can comfortably do and still push my limits with, I think.

should probably get it checked out.

Can someone help a brotha out and post infographs of a typical Veeky Forums diet?

OP im not sure that posting a picture of your mom on a QTDDTOT is a good idea.

should i at least give it another day?

I don't want this to get worse. It's been going on for about a week.

I've gotten a deep pain in my left kneecap that is usually activated by stairs and running, but not so much by walking.

I run a mile before and after my lifts.

I just want to suck it up and keep running, it's not unbearable, but is it anything to be concerned about based on anyone's experience?

I slapped some tiger balm on it an hour ago and it's doing alright, but I'm supposed to run in 4 hours.

Low bar to depth, be extra aware of knee tracking and don't do leg extensions.
My patella likes to wonder and "dislocate" if I do high bar and extensions.

yo, I'm should I lay off the leg extensions for a while?

somone halp,
shit keeps getting more numb, i dont want to piss a fortune on a doc if its not serious

Where do I go from here?
I want strength and abs.
Should I stop cutting?
I'm gonna start SS soon but I feel like I still have too much bellyfat and stuff.

definitely start gaining weight

i can see your abs, its not belly fat
it's a lack of muscle and shit posture

Personally, I'd say forever. Any other quad focused exercise is better and easier on the knees. Lunge, front squat, cycling, whatever.

Pls answer

Start doing vacuums in between sets when you work out. You're turning into a fucking ninja turtle.

How much tuna is too much tuna?
I love this stuff.

le mercury

But it has tons of broteins, and really low calorie, absolutely based food.

PLEASE ADVISE!!

I started strolling out of Auschwitz a little under a year ago, but got trapped in Snap City for the past 4 months.
The goblins stole my gains and sent me back again. I'm now almost ready to return to the Iron Temple to search
for the long lost gains, wrist has been feeling good for 5 days straight.
I believe it's wise to wait another 2 weeks before returning, but I need advice on diet and creatine.

Should I start bulking again asap? I don't care about summer and shit, I just gotta get outta the entire Auschwitz region.
And the creatine, should I load it so that the loading is done the day I return to the weights?

Please help me make it fa/m

> pic is body b4 snap city

More than 2 cans a day, 6 days a week, for a period of 104 weeks or more, something like that. It takes a lot of tuna to do serious harm, and no deviation from eating the tuna.

You shouldn't do the same muscle groups two days in a row, try to split it differently.
The issue here is your shoulders, they could get fuked fast

What's a vacuum?
And is Ninja turtle bad?

how important are carbs/sugars/fats?

i'm on a clean bulk and i just try and hit protein and calories, while eating healthy. does the other stuff really matter that much?

You should stay ~500 calories above maintance to ensure the best muscle growth.

You sound really insecure if you cant even figure out how to eat on your own. Eat as much as you want to. Getting too fat? Eat less. Not making gains? Eat more.

fats good
carbs bad

Is 70kg bench and 35kg ohp bad or good for 1 month? Or average?

Good.

Good point maybe if I change these lifts around to a ppl type deal ?

That completly depends on how your body was when you started. If you have been playing sports and shit your entire life, it might not be very good. It is all about PROGRESS. Have you increased a lot?

Also, you should not compare yourself to other people, but only to your past self.

Cool, thanks

Completely sedentary

Started with bar on both lifts

>not wanting to enter Raphael mode
You'll never truly leave humanity behind.

Do you have a desk job?
As you can see in the picture, you belly is protuding
You have to stretch your hip flexors (google) because they pull your hips forward.
Also google glute briges because you probably have weak glutes which contribute to the problem
Do that every day

Post routine and diet, please.
Do you sleep much?
Do you use supplements?
I've been plateauing on 50 kg bench and 30 kg OHP for a month now.

Eat more and bench more, you really think supplements will help you if you stall on 50kg bench?

>50 kg bench and 30 kg OHP
>plateauing

Friend, that isn't a "plateau". That is you paying zero attention to your diet and/or having tried to come up with your own terrible routine rather than following a cookie cutter program.

When you're closing in on 2x bodyweight bench press and stalling, then you can talk about plateaus.

>hip flexors
Thanks man! Yea, desk job and my posture is shit.

Managed to fix my back pain while squatting.

Had my toes out like a tard, shifted to toes forward and it seems to have completely solved the fucking problem.

The sticky has some nice stretches too. Do them and you will avoid injuries. Trust me i've been there. also if you have a bit of backpain/ a sore backfrom standing for long periods of time, stretching hip flexors will help

It's nothing special, I try to sleep 8 hours a day, get some bcaas and protein powder, stick to 2000 calories

ABC type routine with one compound per day and then accessories, try to focus on shoulders because I love OHP

>being this fat

My weight gain has stalled. I was going up 1-2 pounds a week from skelly mode and now I've been at 140 for two weeks. Still eating 2600-2700 cals a day but it's doing nothing.

What happened?

Your TDEE increased. Go up to 2700-2800 a day.
That or it's just coincidence and your weight will fly up all of a sudden.

Fuck you and your meme spouting horse shit

>i know the secret code words

What is a good app to track my lifts?

notepad

i have hair 3 inches up my shaft when erect, I think it's just genetics.
>feels bad man
also not on minoxidil but thinking of trying it

Been reading about Keto diet cuz I see it mentioned here so often, it was all sounding pretty good until I read it can make gaining strength/muscle mass difficult. Is this true? If this is true is the point of keto simply burning fat more efficiently? Can I do keto and keep getting these noob gains? Doing PPL btw. Thanks brahs

i have hair on my foreskin

full natty.

get on my level.

keto isn't even more efficient at fat loss... it is a meme.

nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-3-7

good for cardio, so is lifting. though

in the book the muscle and strength pyramide by eric helms there is example hypertrophy routine with deadlifts for 4x4-6. isnt it too much volume for DLs?

keto doesn't burn fat more efficiently. yes, if you switch to a diet that's mainly fat and protein you will use fat and protein for energy. this does not mean you lose more body fat. it's true that you burn more fat on keto, but you also eat more fat. in the end, what decides how much weight you lose is the numbers calories you eat. a 500 kcal deficit on keto will result in the same fat loss as a 500kcal deficit on a regular diet.

why do i look way bigger right after a workout but the day after most of the progress seems gone? Or is this just psychological

What do cutfags usually eat for breakfast?

If Eric Helms tells you to do it, you do it.

Anyway, please understand that all these beginner's programs that include 1x5 deadlifts all revolve around high frequent low-bar squatting. If that weren't the case, the deadlift wouldn't be trained like that.
You can never assess something isolated from the context.

>start cut, weigh 180
>day one, 178.8, figure it is mostly water weight, which is kinda weird as i am not restricting sodium or carb intake
>day two, 176.8
>day three, 175.4
>day four 176.4
at this point i was 180 with a days worth of food and water in me, i figured i was cutting too fast, and since i worked the fuck out this day, i figured i would eat at maintenance (2,500kcal, feel like i hit this right on the mark, even if i missed there is ZERO chance i was off by more than 500kcal) set a chin-up pr, worked the fuck out pretty much to my max capacity
>weigh in today at 182
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

after shitting and pissing i am down to 180...

almost a week worth of cutting down the drain..

how did i fuck up so horrendously?
c-can i still get visible abs in 8 weeks? (was shooting for 20lb cut, so 2.5lb a week)

okay. that template looks solid. thanks

It's the "pump." Blood build-up and lactic acid in the muscles gets flushed as the day goes on.

Protip: 20 push-ups or so will bring the "pump" back for a little while if you're going out in short sleeves or topless at the beach.

water, sometimes plain seltzer water.

do you not know the glory of intermittent fasting?

If this is your first time cutting maybe you shouldn't try something like having an 8 week deadline for 20 fucking pounds. It's bound to be a disaster.

Anyone recommend compression shorts, that aren't just "base layer"?

I home gym so I don't care about looking ridiculous.

I eat a protein pudding that I buy from the store, costs like 2 bucks, contains 20g of protein and 144calories with 200g total pudding

3-4 eggs.
or
a small bowl of oats (40-50g)
or
just coffee

Cottage cheese or 0% Greek Yogurt

With fresh fruit.

You're eating too much. If you're looking for aesthetics I'd replace power clean with row and add some good brosplit exercises to the end of your workout. Like incline press, decline press, dips, pull ups or pulldowns, curls etc

not first time cutting.
not first time doing rapid fat loss

former 265 fatty, down to a lean 180.... i just want muh lower abs....

i just don't get how eating at maintenance would ostensibly cause a gain in weight....

So if one is going for overall health & muscle gain what diet would you guys recommend?

Shortterm weight fluctuations are unreliable as fuck. You can't fully control how much water is in your body. It's cool that you weight yourself daily, but try to calculate the average weight over time rather than make decision from whatever number shows up on the scale the given morning.

40g bread, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, a fruit, and 200ml of low fat milk with coffee. Also lots of water

Its like 250-300 kcal

fellow homegym here.

i recommend nude lifting. for everything except oly lifts.

Milk300ml, oats 50g, raisins 25g and almonds 15g.
522 calories- running at 2300 calories a day

I know you do fasted cardio on yohimbine
But what if I lift for 90-120min before I do cardio?

Not him, but is it really possible to have 6 pounds worth of water weight in one sitting like that?

Do I really have to eat 1,5 grams of protein per lbs of body weight every day when cutting as the sticky suggests?
Other sources would have me believe that 1 gram per lbs body weight is the absolute max to consume in any circumstance.

thanks, i might stress myself out for no reason from time to time.

it is just i figured i had spiked my insulin enough to control for cortisol, plus i had a couple glasses of wine (like 240kcal worth) to dehydrate me a little...

goddamn it i need the superpower to control my internal water reserves....

i will relax and keep cutting while hoping for the best

nonrestrictive dieting and intermittent fasting...

no.
you feel healthier and more sated eating close to .8g/lb, which is more than the maximum your body requires anyways

Dicks

>Feminine Penis

FTFY

Just started SS. My body is pretty sore, but is it okay to swim on rest days? I feel like the water will be good for my body.