Lasted 400 years longer than Rome

>lasted 400 years longer than Rome
>longest reigning empire in human history (~1800 years)

Yet, they're practically unknown. Did they accomplish anything?

>Did they accomplish anything?

No. Now ask again why they're virtually unknown.

>400 years longer than Rome
>lasted 1800 years

The Roman state lasted around 2200 years though.

>ONLY non-muslim sucide bombers EVER (during sri lanka civil war)
>still unknown
Poo-tier pathetic

The Chinese empire was 2100 years

The Tamil kings. Nobody conquers the Tamil kings.

>ONLY non-muslim sucide bombers EVER (during sri lanka civil war)
There were Jewish suicide bombers during the British mandate insurgency.

Weren't they responsible for Damascus steel and Wootz steel?

Sorry, but Rome only lasted for 1229 years.

good meme
nice video
wish he would do more of them

>Bill Wurtz
Holy shit, reddit get out

As far as I'm aware, there was no Chinese state that lasted 2100 years.

The Xia founded the state known as the Middle Kingdom that was ruled by several dynasties and continues today as a """""republic""""""

Yep, southen Indians were world leading Ferro.metallurgists from around 300 BC to ~1500

Rome was founded 753bce and fell in 1453ce how many years is that?

>fell in 1453ce
Sorry, Greek LARPers don't count, Rome fell in the 6th century and everybody was happy about it.

But user, Rome fell in 476 AD.

This

god fucking dammit Veeky Forums not again

Improvement of trade relations with with chinese ports, destroying the monopoly of the Srivijiya empire leading to ease of trade to the west of SEAsia. Chinese were probably involved in the Chola intervention in South East Asia as the exorbitant duties imposed on non Srivijiya merchants both chinese and tamil more than likely lead to this, and as evidenced by a trade colonies and temples built and settled by Tamil Trade Guilds in China.

These guilds controlled a large part of the Chola imperial treasury through trade, they pressured the Chola Emperor to intervene on their behalf in Srivijiya, this is the same justification the Chola used to invade and conquer most of what is present day Sri lanka, thus why the north of the country has a large Tamil population.

Also it is largely due to the Chola war against the Chalukyas that the northern parts of India under Gurjara Pratihara saw a decline, trade from the south pretty much stalled as the constant wars, invasions and counter invasions by the Cholas and Chalukyas weakened the northern states still recovering from Arab incursions that were beaten back in the 712-800 AD. This caused economic disturbance and transition of power from Urban centers, which began to collapse due to lack of trade from the south and a large central authority like the old kingdoms, thus the order began to establish around fortresses and castles mostly owned by the old warlords who received them from the Guptas centuries prior, this forming the begginings of Fuedal authority under the Rajputs during the late 9th and early 10th century. This ofcourse set the stage for a weak and fractured north western india susceptible to islamo-turkic invasions of the 11th and 12th century till the establuishment of delhi sultanate.

They did develop crucible steel 2'000 years before the next guy had the idea. Kinda makes them big boss of the iron age. worldwide.

Not to be a size queen, but at a glance that territory looks roughly the size of Montana. Not terribly impressive.

I dont think montana was ever as thickly populated and full of kingdoms and tribes warring with each other.

holding that turf for that amount time in that neighbourhood is impressive work.

Because history is Eurocentric

fuck off retard

>BCE
>CE

>Rome fell in the 6th century
No it didn't you retard. It lasted until 1453 and there's nothing you can do to change that

Fair points.

>go call the Basileus
>he can't unGERM you

Was Constantinople not the capital of the eastern Romans?

What is wrong with BCE/CE?

Rome fell in 476 AD.

Eastern "Rome" fell in 1453.

FUCKING EVERYTHING, YOU JEWISH HISTORICAL REVISIONIST!!!!

>TRIGGERED!!!!!

>hurpity durpity doo the patriarch of constantinople said...
The patriarch of Constantinople also said that the Ottoman Empire was the inheritor of the title "Roman Empire", that the proper way to be a Christian was to be a Muslim, and that Mehmed the Conqueror was the most pure, proper, and holy man to ever live (second only to Muhammed, with Jesus being third).

Forgive me if I don't give a flying fuck what the Orthodox think, about anything.

Their laws were written in Latin and they carried on many of the same traditions as the western Roman Empire how are thy not Rome?

Sorry I was taught in school to use BCE and CE.

>how are thy not Rome?
By being Byzantium

makes sense, AD is for plebs.

>Rome fell in the 6th century
This has to be a troll since Occidental Rome disintegrated in the 5th century. By the way, the "Greek LARPers" were the continuation of the old empire and they never stopped calling themselves roman.

All of their contemporaries called them Rome?

>Thread about Chola Empire
>turns into another romaboo thread

Romaboos are best boos

No, they called Rome Rome and Constantinople was called Greece.
Thats why Charlemagne called himself the Holy Roman Emperor. Doesn't matter, at that point in time The Roman empire was long gone and it was just LARPers. Like Rome was a real empire, then the German(ic)s killed it, then came the LARPers who had not much in common with the original, least of all the Capital Rome.

Because Europeans invented the study of history you mongrel.

Whoa, so this is the power of Sambhar rice...

>Thread about Chola Empire
Chola Empire you say, intradesting. Did they accomplish anything significant?

>Not terribly impressive.
holding a land and sea empire of that size around the year 1000 is impressive.

Sambhar didnt exist until the late 16th century mleccha Its rasam, moru and rice

They called it “The Roman Empire of the Greeks” or “The Byzantine Roman Empire” also the “Greek larpers” carried on many of the traditions of the Westren Roman Empire and they are literally half of the original Roman Empire. The Byzantine Empire is The Roman Empire.

>chola influence on pala
WEW
E
W

>>>>>>

He is not wrong.

>“The Roman Empire of the Greeks”
> Empire of the Greeks
> Greeks
>GREEKS

For WRE the ERE were romans

It was in the fertile crescent

THIS IS FOR CHOLA EMPIRE ONLY!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ancient Mesopotamia did not study history.

Look Byzantoboo, no mater what you say, now one will identify a Byzantine from around 1200 as a Roman. So yeah, go fuck yourself and let this nice people have their Chola thread.
If you do not cooperate I will open a Venice/ 4th crusade thread and troll the shit out of you all night.

Is it true that Chola women were famous in antiquity for their big, firm breasts, genital piercings and and tantric sex arts?

Of course they did, it was all destroyed, greeks even translate the work of a canaanite(phoenicians) historian from 1200 BC

THICC

Tell your parents cousins shouldn't marry and have offspring.

>not chola, but always nice

UNFF

So you mean, no one apart from Historians, the Romans at that time, and litteraly every one up to the fall of Constantinople? I have a book right here with the letters, tales, accounts and reports of all three parties (the Turks, the Latins, and the Romans) at the fall of Constantinople, and guess what, they all call them Roman. Puts a dent in your narrative doesn't it?

"Constantinople 1453 Des Byzantins aux Ottomans" by Vincent Deroches et Nicolas Vatin for anyone interested, great book, really puts the event of the fall into perspective.

Byzaboo fuck off, no one cares about your Greek shithole ITT

Statistically speaking, someone of European descent is much less likely to be inbred than someone from Africa or Asia.

Fair enough.

I honestly don't understand why are people here so fucking triggered by those videos

Which makes it much more unfortunate for you having first degree cousins as your biological parents.

I don't think you have the mental capacity to hold a conversation of this sort. Is English not your first language?

Yes, they used to ship exotic men and women in and breed them with dancers of the temples, known as devadasi(female) Devadasa (male) they were used as reference for the sculptures. And yes they have massive titties like milk truck

>Is English not your first language?
No, English is my third language.

Finally some empire with a relaxed sexuality. Tell me everything!

Sauce? I need it for... masterbatory reasons.

Well you should work on it, your comprehensions seems a bit off.

I think the fact that they created such a stable empire for such a long time almost makes them kind of boring? I think everyone with an interest in history _knows_ the cholas, yet very few delve into them.

Also a lot of their history seems to be mixed with myth and folklore.

In the end however, the biggest factor for them being unknown is probably the fact that no one who's culturally relevant right now wants LARP as them unlike the Greeks or Romans or even Mughals or Guptas closer to home. That's sadly the biggest driving factor for any empire's reknown.

Ok what was their trick then for such longevity?

They're not funny, I can usually see why people might find something funny but I just can't see why somebody would think Bill Wurtz is funny.

China has been split into warring states for more of its history than it has been unified. That’s part of what makes them remarkable, despite this fact they see China as a country that should naturally be unified.

Most of india had relaxed sexual mores. the Temple dancers I mentioned, the devadasis would sleep with anyone who made a good donation to the temple and were often seen as celebrities and were known to be promiscuous till they settled, there are variations on this for example like the Nagaravadhu, the bride of the city, meant to be THE exemplar woman of the city and is the physical representation of the city where she is from so they are usually extremely qt3.14, they often held the authority and power of the king or the council that ruled the city and would often sleep with high ranking members of society. Its an ancient tradition that was present in the north during the era of Buddha and a infamous episode exists where Buddha meets Amarapali an infamous courtesan and nagaravadhu who held a lot of influence on the city she was from.

And then the british and muslims came and fucked it all up.

That's because of your autism :)

Then maybe you guys should study history at your own pajeet universities, where you pore over Pandya history for decades instead of Rome.

Oh, what's that? Nobody who is worth a shit cares about Pandya? Maybe this is why you will always be a follower, and never a leader.

>stable empire for such a long time almost makes them kind of boring?
Uhhh
No, they were not stable, they were constantly at war with the Cheras and Pallavas, they Sri Lankans were reforming their forces in the south of the Island, from the north the threat of the Chalukyas and Palas were constant, internal dissension was also present during successions and the cities of the state conquered would often have issues with rival cities also under Chola jurisdiction leading to crisis and conflict.

Also the fact that the Cheras whose male population was exhausted by war against the Cholas were forced into inviting thousands of Nairs from Ahi (Nepal I think) lead to the establishment of Nairs and the title applied to all those who would agree to fight for the Chera resistance. This resistance forced the Chola to eventually retreat after a hundred year conflict from present day kerala and established the three kingdoms in the state, while the Cholas steadily declined.

Fuck off cunt, I spend all the time I have free researching indian empires, kingdoms and religions, I study it as much as I can and never complain like some cunt about eurocentrics, BUT the fact is you and the rest of this board IS eurocentrics and that is a valid critique of this shithole.

>And then the british and muslims came and fucked it all up.
Only Abrahamites would be barbaric enough to abolish temple prostitution.

Yeah we're also English-speaking and a board founded by Americans. I repeat: if you want to be surrounded by the non-eurocentric why are you seeking that in a Western environment?

Can't you be an annoying asshole somewhere else, I started to enjoy this thread now the Byzaboo faggot has gone.

>literally a raid
>We wuz vangas and sheeit.

>thread about thicc sacred prostitutes.
>an amerimutt comes in and starts shitposting.
fuck off burger.

>new ambassador to this town
>do your patriotic duty and give the local sacred wench at least half a dozen orgasms or our town will look bad

>board founded by Americans
Claiming fame for something you didnt do? Waving a flag makes you a patriot!
YOU MUST BE AN AMERISHIT! Fuck off with your bullshit mate, I am just saying how eurocentric it is and it is difficult enough to raise a subject that doesnt involve you fantasizing about larping as some infamous European you think you descended from.

What happens if you are gay tho?

Not sure mate, let me ask.

Oi, what if you prefer sausage over roast beef?

I dont think it was a raid since those rulers all paid tribute to him according to the temple records from Gangaikondacholapuram the capital of the Cholas. Plus it is just influence and authority, Cholas never tried to colonize the place as the map clearly delinietes it as a territory of influence.

Also Palas are shite mate, Mahipala was the only good one.