I'm done with lifting

Cancelled my gym membership, sold my home gym, and threw away all of my supplements.

Such a waste of time. And for what? It's completely unnecessary and serves no purpose.
Muscles are not needed, especially in today's society where the intellect, personality, and face reigns supreme.

To be honest, the "bodybuilding lifestyle" seems almost like a childish endeavour at this point, and I don't mean any disrespect, but it seems like the most serious lifters (asides from guys who are legit bodybuilders/fitness models/elite athletes but they represent a very low % of dedicated lifters) are also the people with nothing else going on in their lives.
I know this was true with me, I was biggest and most serious about lifting when I was still in uni, working only 15 hours a week, and pretty much just plucking around all the time, going out, with no real responsibilities.

The most jacked guys I see are baby faced roiders trying to pick up ugly girls in the clubs, and frat boys who have no job and don't give 2 fucs about school so they spend all their time in the gym.
I'll GLADLY go back to being a 200lb 6'3 weakling or a "non-lifter" or whatever derogatory term you guys want to throw at me, but I don't care. I'll be proud. I can eat whatever I want and finally free up my mind to do what's important in life.

To all you kids out there who are getting sucked into the bodybuilding and fitness illusion, try to stop yourself.
So long as you have and maintain decent facial aesthetics, you'll be fine.
Bodybuilding's just not worth it.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=resistance training
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cos it's fun

cool pasta brah
mind if I reheat it?

nah

Oh this thread again. BUMPING FOR NEWFAGS.

It's true. gym should be a tool not a lifestyle. Use it to augment your life and not define it

This thread speaks the truth though
Also it's good to demotivate summerfags

I have a degree in Biology and am doing a PhD in Molecular Genetics, have extensive work experience in businesses as my dad is the CEO of his company and let me do work in it in many different areas of it and build my skills.
I have worked in the security industry too part time while a student, and various other jobs.

I have been lifting seriously for 6 years now, hell I even roided 2 of those. I don't do it to pick up girls, I have a job, I go to 'school', fuck I go to Cambridge Uni. My dad is passing on his company to me and my brothers too, which I will have to run. I will also continue my research (currently working on SNPs for various genes affecting RA & gene therapy for said SNPs, delivery techniques too) work in Academia as a fellow.

I have a girlfriend who I am proposing to in 2 months once I save enough up from work + studentship, of 5 years. I love her and have an amazing connection with her and she's beautiful.

Oh and I'm 6ft, 97kg and bench 200kg, squat 270kg and deadlift 310kg. I've spent most of my lifting career in powerlifting and then transitioned to bodybuilding last year - as a hobby. I don't compete anymore but did in BDFPA, GBDFPA, IPF. Not that I got far but it was great fun.

I've traveled all of Europe, a lot of South & East Asia. Intend to go to North Africa & America next holidays too, do another month out (need dat test u for cruise), I engage in all kinds of societies at Uni, lead many things, uh I did the Uni cadets officer program and have my officers rank.

I still lift, I never had any intentions for it besides a hobby. I have real responsiblities too, I don't just 'lift'. I can and always could eat whatever I wanted, I know whats important in my life and I know lifting isn't the most important thing in it and can easily leave it if need be to go do other things, but it'll always be my lifestyle I come back to.

You're stuck in the illusion bud, I'm glad you left lifting. It isn't for you.

>go on hike with a guy who is fit
>ask him how many times he lifts a week
"Only twice a week to maintain definition"
>lol wut a fgt
>during the hike I gas out numerous times even though I do cardio
>he's not even phased
>talk about mountaineering
>he climbs all the time, cycles long routes, sees tons of stuff because he's always exploring and seeing new things while exercising
>w-well I can lift 400lbs

>Oh and I still post on Veeky Forums

Why even LIFT when you can be CHAD and eat PIZZA

btw OP you're fucking retarded to think weightlifting is not needed. It & cardio are extremely beneficial to longevity. Yes my steroid use defo isn't healthy and I'm coming off later this year but to say muscles aren't needed is fucking ridiculous. Say that when you're 50, have poor muscle strength, fall over from your poor spinae erector strength & balance due to motor neuron/endplate degradation and break your bone and see how fucking great life is then.
See how great your health is, your muscular health and various other aspects of health.

Lifting has numerous benefits, stop shitposting.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=resistance training
scroll through, critically analyze papers and realize how fucking dumb you're being. You can lift 30-40 minutes 3x per week, how is that such a HUGE fucking issue? Go do cardio off days for 30 minutes and cardio included in other hobbies.
It literally doesn't make a difference time wise to what you'd otherwise do??? I mean what the fuck else would you do in that time span say at 5:30am in the morning, 30 minutes training in your home gym, 6am, get ready for work as the norm. Wow, huge deal. Fuck off OP.

But I do agree that some people do it for the totally wrong reasons. Gym is a tool for health & it's a hobby. Many people do it for the wrong reasons.

Yeah basically, been on here for years. Browse now and then thru steroid threads and just for lols. Just happened to be here at this particular point in time, what's your point?

Sounds like a load of bullshit

Why is OP shitposting on here then?

that's why he bumps

On a side note, lifting has helped me to discover my true passion which is health sciences and physiology. Getting more and more mixed up in stuff like that.

b8

>mfw I continously challenge track runners at my uni to foot races and beat them
>"ok but what about long distance?"
>i agree, set up a 10 mile track
>mfw when on 2 different occasions, I started the race, keep up the first mile, let them run ahead until they cant see me, then ditch them to play vidya and smoke weed

every time I go eat, and there is a table of athletes, I usually get long stares. it feeds into my ego quite well.

Its the summer-detector pasta again

What's pasta?

i just lift to feel slight less inferior to everyone around me.

OP you forgot to talk about the importance of HEIGHT, FACE and FRAME.

It's a fucking copy pasta you moron

no its not

Nice blogpost. I hope you find a new hobby that you like more, friendo.

Stop talking dude jesus

I'm sort of with you OP. I cancelled my membership but I work out at home now. About 20 minutes 6 times a week. Muscles don't get your girls, you just need to be a healthy weight. Facial aesthetics, styling yourself and just being an outgoing person gets you girls.

>muscles don't get u girls
But they do you fag

Oops, I must have accidentally subscribed to your blog.

Here is a button for everyone who is in the same boat as me.

Lol. You'll learn.

Already did you cuck stop trying to troll newbies

This is what happens when you pursue something for vanity, narcissism, girls. Try lifting for sport, competition, health.

>Gym is a tool for health & it's a hobby

That's why you have been injecting bathtub chemicals into your body for 24 months.

Vanity is the name of the game and if anything of what you wrote is remotely true, you are just another narcissist richboy.

Please stop talking, this is obvious bait

That sucks. I love lifting so much.

My day doesn't feel complete until I go to the gym.

Fucking newfag

This, unless it aligns with your career path you'd be better off pursuing other things. Exercise is key but shouldn't dominate all your free time

Why do people keep falling for this old pasta?

shh it's giving me a reason to live

Actually it's TRT. I just blast now because I might as well. I ended up with a pituitary tumor. I blasted out of curiosity and enjoyed the strength I got and how much better my joints felt, not really for vanity.

I'm not rich at all, my dad made me work for everything I got, have and have had. He never gave me money, only food. My dad isn't rich either, do you know how businesses work...? I never said he's a millionaire.

You're right and wrong.

Lifting doesn't have to be a life consuming endeavor though.

Just go 3x a week or so and keep your muscles working. It's great for your health.

You don't have to have all of the supplements and shit, you don't have to really even worry about a routine to be honest. Just go in and do some work and leave.

OP is right

kinda see where you're coming from and i relatively agree.
i felt better about myself when i was a fatty who didn't lift , now i'm too self concious and insecure it's fucking retarded...
tldr; how do i stop being such a massive insecure pussy? Stop checking myself in mirror and glazing my mucles thinking i'm small as shit all the time?

one look at this dude's fingernails tells it all

That guy looks like absolute shit, don't lift if you look like that.

>Bodybuilding's just not worth it.
Bodybuilding's always been shit OP. Sports,health and fitness isn't though. Literally the best possible pass-time there is

school is for fags

>That guy looks like absolute shit
Sure

>shitty abs insertions
>future of bodybuilding

i wonder what this faggot on ur pic is jiuceing

Stale pastas m89

Nigger you don't know what you're talking about

BABY BODY MANLET,
GOT NO LOWER HALF

This is why you keep fitness as a hobby you dumb fuck have you ever listened to king Greg

I wish you happiness my friend. Your reasoning would not work for me, because i have undying need to push my nervous system to its limits. Ages 15-22 i sated this urge with drugs. Heroic doses of psychedelics, amps, opes, and everything in between was the only thing i thought that could calm my curiosity. Then real,life responsibilities needed tending, and thats hard when you're zonked 16hrs a day, and withdrawaling for the rest. So i will push my body to its absolute limit, because without this reach for the maximum potential, i am dead. I am hopeful this will last for a lifetime. Maybe ill start distance running whe this no longer scratches the itch, who knows.

I'm sorry your curiosity and compulsion to reach new heights has died, and you along with it, but i hope you find happiness somewhere in your death throes.

fuck u idiot i've been lifting for multiple years now and you better not fucking say anything like that again or I will kill yuo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why you gotta talk shit about it? Just because it didn't get you girls doesn't mean it's childish. Some of us lift and get huge for the sake of lifting and getting huge. Don't hate just 'cause ur a faget.

>all summer falling for the stale pasta

>bodybuilding

strength training is one of the best things you can do for your health, but of course you didn't know that being a shitty smelling troll who has never touched cold iron in it's life.

Greg who?

I lift so I have an easier time sleeping with girls. Nothing more to life in my opinion.

I meditate before sleeping daily and I don't think about sex during the day so my dreams are basically sexless. According to taoist teachings I have reached an advanced level as almost all practitioners lose their seed through nocturnal emissions in the first 100 days. The funny thing about all this is that the teachings say you that you will become highly attractive to women while retaining which I am definitely experiencing, I am getting eye fucked 24/7 and women are making moves on me constantly. The irony of it all.

>So long as you have and maintain decent facial aesthetics, you'll be fine.
Oh my god, what a total faggot you are.
How bad did you fail at this, that you became this fucking mad about it?
Then you come on here and vomit up all that bullshit?
Did it even occur to you that about half of the denizens of Veeky Forums are fat weak kids with no life, and Veeky Forums is helping them build a better lifestyle, so they don't go through life as just another obesity/diabetes/heart disease statistic?

Even if you're just posting bait: Fuck off. There is 'funny', 'funny once', and 'unfunny'. Guess which one you are?

Faggot.

>Baiting this hard

I don't know how people fucking stop man e_e

(You)

Got any resources? I've been meditating again for about two weeks.

I workout 5 hours a week (Intense as fuck) and im fine, i would love to put more time in if you make bodybuilding a diehard lifestyle instead of a hobby thats your choice but if you blame it for your inability to make real life gains 90% of the time its actually your fault.

Not really. Just eat PIZZA.

See you tomorrow in the next bait thread

Ok. I work 60 hours a week and like to go to the gym at night cause it makes me feel good and look betyer

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? What convoluted bullshit is that? Is pizza an acronym or is me not having a clue what you mean by pizza the key to meditating? I was looking for something like this:

Why did you have a home gym and a membership? Not even taking the bait, just pointing out an inconsistency.