Are protein bars a meme? I just ate one after lifting

Are protein bars a meme? I just ate one after lifting.

Other urls found in this thread:

costco.com/Kirkland-Signature™-Protein-Bar-Chocolate-Brownie-%26-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-2--Pack-20-Count.product.100296106.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I use them as meal replacements on cuts. Just tried a quest bar for the first time today, pretty good macros by the looks of it and really quite tasty and filling. I'm lazy, autistic and I can afford them, so they suit me well.

Im eating slightly over maintenance and I've decided to start using them. Would it also just be better to take one with me rather than just chugging a memetein shake before work?

I would say it doesn't matter

How many do you eat over a day?

I don't really see a point in eating them, they are too expensive, the macros aren't good enough (too much sugar for my taste), they don't contain as many valuable micros as cheaper, better food, they mostly just taste OK, and they're not that filling.

So I stopped buying them

I work out of a car most of the day. The protein bars are a quick meal substitute. The Pure Proteins are decent (except the chocolate).

Quest is being sued for wrong info of nutrients

Personally I'm on an IF cut, so I'd have 2 bars for lunch ~ 400 cals 40 g protein, then a ~1200 - 1600 cal variable protein meal for dinner. Might swap the dinner and lunch, depends on my workout/social routine for the day. Just can't be fucked with protein shakes any more, and protein bars can be stored compactly for ages, perfect for keeping around at work.

>quest bar
Blegh. I remember trying the cookie dough one and the bar had the texture and consistency of that cheap foam inside value couches.

Thanks for the info. I might just go back to the cheaper generic ones then.

Funny, that's the one I quite enjoyed. To be honest I try to see meal replacement as fuel - I save enjoyment for my actual meals.

All chocolate protein bars taste awful. I always get strawberry or something.

I eat a lot of them since I'm in my car a lot for work and don't really have time to eat proper meals until dinner.

The Clif Builder Bars are tasty but have way too much sugar in them.

Lately I've been eating these ones called Oat-Mega bars that're pretty good and have less sugar.

Lol, I tried the double chocolate one and it was like... really old taffy. nasty.

Look into the suit. It's mostly bullshit.

Musclepharm's bars are pretty tasty

>tfw when doing psmf
>tfw when just seeing this image makes me hungry even though i hate protein bars

fuck

They are very expensive for what they are, but other than that they are fine.

I take them to work simply because I don't want to haul in a blender, tub of powder, make all that noise/mess, etc. But I make more money than I know what to do with so the cost isn't an issue for me.

Think thin are good refrigerated

Those MAXX power brownies that come in the red/black package are GOD TIER but aren't as good protein/calorie.

half price of quest bars taste the same
costco.com/Kirkland-Signature™-Protein-Bar-Chocolate-Brownie-%26-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-2--Pack-20-Count.product.100296106.html

this.

if you are cutting or doing keto these are perfect.

As long as it's just protein and maybe a little fiber, it's OK. Anything more, and you might as well eat a tin of tuna for better macros.