ITT: getting two plate bench

ITT: getting two plate bench.

So, I've been stuck at a 125lb bench for 5x5 for about two weeks now. How do I overcome this?
I'm currently running SL but have added dips/skullcrushers and pull-ups every now and then.
What can I do to push my bench weight higher?

Where's your sticking point? That is, your weakest point.

Forget isolations and forget Stronglifts 5x5. They are both memes.

You don't do fucking 5x5

You go to your 1rm everyday then do some back off sets and assistance work

I'm telling you to do this from personal experience when I first started lifting I could only do 120 and plateued there.

Also where is the bar getting stuck because that can determine what you need to work on the most with your assistance exercises.

That girl is like the perfect size. I would love to be smothered to death by that ass in my face.

19, looks 35, glued lashes to gym, what a trash kim whoredasian wannabe

I have been stuck at 2 and a half plates for a month now. I'm hitting triceps harder and doing 1 plate bench on a second day for as many reps as i can get. 3 plate bench her i come.

Deload to 80% and work back up

How do you get the half plates to stay on the bar?

Breh

With a half clip

>tfw just do ramping sets of 5
>PR's every workout
this got my weighted chins into advanced on symmetric strength
i'm gonna try it for bench/ohp once I recover from my injury

I'm a master of balance obviously. Lol 2016 and not being able to keep half a plate on the bar.

I recently hit lmao1pl8 bench, and basically after SS for a time (until squatting thrice a week was too much for me) I switched to a four day routine.
Monday/Thursday I'll do
bench at full working weight
ohp at 90% or so
tricep
lat raises
chest workout (incline DB bench/flyes/cable crossovers)

then thursday, i do the same but OHP at working weight, then bench at 90%

Come the following monday, I did bench at working weight +5lbs
steady gains breh

The bar normally gets stuck on the last set inches before the top of my rom when I'm doing 125 5x5. Today I tried going for 130 like I've been doing over the last two weeks as well but only busted out one set of three. Then I proceeded to do an additional 5x5 at 125 and got stuck on my last rep. I could definitely do a 5x5 of 125 but getting over 130 for 5x5 is giving me some trouble.

Bill Starr until lp doesn't work anymore, then 5/3/1. Eat more than you are now. Take a walk every day. Sleep well. Give it more than a month.

slow down the bulk, buddy.
you seem to get quite chubb around the waist.

that second photo belly is really gross man

don't listen to these faggots

excellent progress, keep it up and you will make it

>lmao1pl8 bench
>stopped doing SS before hitting a 70% BW bench
>giving other people advice
kys

I started with 40kg bench and progressed to 110kg for 5 reps without a proper routine or actually knowing what Iam doing.
All I did was just training regularly + progressive overload. There is no fucking trick to it.

I dont fucking get it, why do people always assume there is like a fucking trick or something like that.
Just eat healthy, lift and try to progress.

Hey man.

Assuming,

>eating enough
>sleeping enough
>recovering enough / trying hard enough

The next thing you should do is change your programming to intermediate. This is only if you have LEGITIMATELY STALLED.

Assuming you have not legitimately stalled, just work on your tech, and do more bench

So:

>Work on your technique

>if you do any OHP, just replace it with bench

>On the days you bench, bench more than you currently do, at a weight that is below the weight you fail at

Listening to the above should help you.

Trying hard enough is really important it got me from 185 to 205 try hard and believe in yourself or it wont happen

Yeah.

I think part of it is a technique thing, and part is an experience thing, but for me when I used to bench, I would just kind of fail when it got hard. Now when it gets hard, I can grind the weight out because I know how to.

Replying to myself for OP, but FWIW, My bench is around 240 lbs for 2 x 3, so not the strongest poster on Veeky Forums by any means but everything I posted is pretty common sense stuff imo.

then it's a tricep problem you were on the right track with skullcrushers

You just cut them into slices dude... are there really people who didn't know this?

Fuck all of you idiots telling him to do skullcrushers or other accessory movements.

Eat. Sleep. Perfect form. Add weight.

Idiots.

>until squatting thrice a week was too much for me
NEVER
GONNA
MAKE IT

I guess I'll work on that- you have any suggestions on rep scheme and intensity. Right now I'm working with the most I can do for 6 reps by about 4 sets.

135 is 1pl8
You're nowhere near 2pl8.

how the fuck do you guys look so good. i hit 1 plate bench 4 months ago and still look like shit. i've even been eating above my TDEE

fucking genetics. lowkey miring you tho

I was in the same boat as you about 4 weeks ago. The thing I found that helped me the most was I'd do 125 5x5, then next bench day 125 5x6 then 125 5x7. If you're not confident at that point you could do 5x8 but usually I don't have to. Now I'm at 145 5x5. Hope it helps fellow skelly

You're counting the bar?

I'll try that out!

pl8 means per side.

One plate, to me and people I know, means 90lbs. Two pl8s = 180.

you're supposed to add the bar, which is usually 45 lbs, unless you're lifting with some weightless nanocarbon bar.

Wow, I didn't expect this many replies..

Well, I just wanted to be stronger so I ate a lot to do it. I'm not flexing in that pic, it's my ab muscles being lazy. Also I've been neglecting abs, but I'm going to work on that. And yeah I've already opted to stop bulking as hard.

t-thanks man, appreciate it

i'm a manlet, i don't weigh much, it's all an illusion.
>giving other people advice
well, yeah, i'm no expert, but he stalled at something i passed and i gave my input. Much more helpful than your shitposting.

>tfw knee issues
feels bad man. I'm going to be doing more isolations for the rest of the leg, but I'll still be squatting twice a week now. I was squatting three times, adding weight constantly until it caught up to me.

No one counts the bar.

lol

I went from 1pl8 to 2pl8 in 4 months.

is pretty much what I did.
Warm up, work up to 1rm, then back down a bit. After that go do other stuff like dumbbell flies, skullcrushers, work chest & tris. Personally I liked loading up 90% of my 1rm on the bar then trying to hit that 3 times. Heavy weight low reps.

I would go for a new max every other week, and usually hit it. Work hard, eat a lot, you'll get there.

This. If you plateau at 1pl8 don't count the bar and bench 135lbs, then you're actually benching 1.5pl8. Repeat twice to get from 1pl8 to 2pl8

>calling mags clips
I'll never tire of this meme