What is Veeky Forums's opinion on smokeless tobacco?

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on smokeless tobacco?
Who else dips?

Other urls found in this thread:

cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/tobacco/smokeless-fact-sheet#r1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I used to when I played hockey and football in High school. Probably for 3 years.

I enjoyed it a lot but it ate away at my gums under my teeth to the point that there is a noticeable indent. So i started smoking and eventually quit that.

Also in Canada, they're like 30 beaver bucks

While the general response is "DON'T DO IT NIGGER, YOU'LL LOSE YOUR FACE" the risks of dip are hardly even statistically founded and when people argue against it, they always post the same pictures of the same two or three dudes. Brush your teeth, floss, and don't buy fucking Kayak or Timberwolf and you will be fine. It's also much more efficient and gets you a better buzz than cigarettes, and from my experience it's a lot easier to quit after a while. It is a safer alternative to smoking in pretty much every way.

I dip about a can a week or so. I usually only dip at work.

>the risks of dip are hardly even statistically founded
Lol
Justify it all you need to yourself user, dont start telling other anons bullshit tho.

Tobacco kills your body period
Do your own research folks

ITT: OP is a degenerate disgusting redneck povertycuck

Absolutely disgusting.

I won't disagree that it's extremely addictive and degenerate. But, the cancer shit is simply unfounded.

My dad has been dipping all my life. It's a disgusting habit.

Take it out when it looses flavor and brush your teeth, I've been dipping for five years and nobody even knows.

I'm sure the NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE is just talking out their ass, right? Fuck me you're retarded.

cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/tobacco/smokeless-fact-sheet#r1

It is much, much safer than smoking. Notice how they don't actually answer the following question.
"Is using smokeless tobacco less hazardous than smoking cigarettes?
Because all tobacco products are harmful and cause cancer, the use of all of these products should be strongly discouraged. There is no safe level of tobacco use. People who use any type of tobacco product should be urged to quit. For help with quitting, refer to the NCI fact sheet Where To Get Help When You Decide To Quit Smoking.

As long ago as 1986, the advisory committee to the Surgeon General concluded that the use of smokeless tobacco “is not a safe substitute for smoking cigarettes. It can cause cancer and a number of noncancerous oral conditions and can lead to nicotine addiction and dependence” (5). Furthermore, a panel of experts convened by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in 2006 stated that the “range of risks, including nicotine addiction, from smokeless tobacco products may vary extensively because of differing levels of nicotine, carcinogens, and other toxins in different products” (6)."

I've smoked for over a year, and I recently quit (it's been about a week, which isn't much, but this as well as a few other life style changes makes me believe that I'll be successful). I've also dipped before, but never really enjoyed it and only ever did it while drunk and more than willing to do stupid shit. All tobacco is bad, but in the end, I'd say dip is less bad. You'll never have trouble breathing from dip.

I used to but had to quit because I was having noticeable gum recession and really yellow bottom teeth. It was a god send while cutting though, whenever I was hungry I'd toss a dip in and it totally cut the cravings

I only do dips on chest day.

Dipping is fucking disgusting.
Get some goddamn gum if you need nicotine.

>it is much, much safer than smoking
>citation needed

Doesn't matter how much "safer" it is, it's still a million times more of a cancer risk than not using it at all.

Enjoy your jaw cancer

It's healthier to smoke

Yeah I used to dip a can a day, now it's down to about a can every 3 days because my GF hates it

>nice wedge of Copenhagen wintergreen long cut after a good work out
>add couch
>add call of duty
>stir

>because my GF hates it

That's one of the main reasons I quit. Unless its a girl who's trying to be a "country girl" or whatever, most chicks are completely disgusted by it and will completely drop you if they find out you dip

My girlfriend is a 21 year old biochem student and doesn't seem to mind as long as I, you know, take it out of my mouth if we kiss.

Just threw in a pinch of Cope Mint. Dip is amazing fuck what anyone says I get a great buzz going especially after a workout. I brush and floss twice a day so my teeth are fine.

It literally says right on the tins that the product causes mouth cancer

It does, but it's pretty much insignificant. Unless I have like iron genetics or something I should have seen some issues by now as long as I've been dipping but my dentist has yet to say shit. I mean I don't think you should start if you are completely tobacco free, but I also think it would be a much better alternative to cigarettes. I like it, it's okay if you don't.

Swedish Snus is much better than dip, it's also less harmfull

i used to dip in high school to lose weight for wrestling. it's great for suppressing your appetite but not worth the health risks imo

This

Started dipping in high school. Never had a problem with worms or long relationships. All these faggots saying smoking is better, it's a lot harder to clean out your lungs then it is your gums. Hell even my dentist dips, he told me as long as you brush your teeth and don't leave your dip in for like 2 hours you'll be fine.

Mine doesn't care as much as long as it's not around.

I'm in the Army and i'm one of maybe like 10 officers I know who doesn't do tobacco in any way, shape, or form. I think it's really gross, but I never call anyone out for it because you can do whatever the hell you want.

I've been thinking of trying snuff, how retarded am I? It seems pretty safe.

I litteraly went out and bought my first can of copenhagen at age 27 because of this post. Sounds fun. Will wait til I've had a few drinks to try.

Five shots of vodka and a nice warn summer night with a lawn chair, and some good friends will make it all the better. (Vodka before the dip). That said, don't get addicted, and do it on special occasions.

Yeah sure thing it's totally safe

Stupid, expensive, addictive, degenerate habit

Are pouches ok?

Pouches are good for beginners. Also safer for your gums and less dirty than long cut.

drugs xD le government is TRYNA keep us DRUGBROS DOWN SO WE DONT HAVE FUNNNNN

WAKE UP SHEEPLE THE CANCER STUDIES ARE ALL LYING xDDD

\//\/

Couldn't do it. Can't chew shit without swallowing it, it's a reflex.

Underrated post.

As grill, this is so fucking disgusting. I don't have many "dealbreakers", but this absolutely would be one. You should all be ashamed.

The fuck kind of backwater rednecks come here and share their wonderful dip experiences
That stuff makes your whole mouth a shitfarm

It's stupid, I have a friend who does and his teeth are yellow, his breath is always shit, the stupid spitting is annoying and gross and every time he cracks the case open the whole area just fills with the shitty smell

You gotta be 21 in California to buy any tobacco product. IMO it's good, fuck the younger generation for trying tobacco. But truckers and rednecks get pissed about it, even worse when we have to ID everyone no matter what. They say shit like how murika will take their SS if we scan the ID