<1 year lifting thread

Who here

same-ish here. in the beggining i didn't know what to do, and i didn't have a routine. only later along the way did i learn what to do. even then i've neglected my training and my diet, so i've made few gains in strenght and less so in size because i'm pretty sure i'm on average eating below maintenance all year round with episodes of weeks at most when i'm eating at maintenance or higher

it will be 1 year in a few weeks.
lost 45 pounds, quads look xbox huge.

Well Ive been lifting for almost 2 but I had leg surgery and then an injury set me back so im just getting back to my old strength and its practically like starting over again.

At my best:
BW: 150lbs
Height: 5'11"
Squat:315
Bench:205
Deadlift:350

That was in December before I got injured. Am I making it? What are your guys stats?

will be lifting for about one year overall in August, hit 415 for 8 reps today for squatz, bench gains aren't too great

>1 year lifting
>415 for 8

why do people lie on the internet?

well if it helps I'm 300lbs pretty fat like 27% b.f. give or take and I am 6'5", I played hockey most my life, built big legs, bench sucks, DL is okay

That would mean you have a lean mass of 219 pounds at 0% bodyfat.

You're not very good at estimating your own bodyfat it seems.

Yeah i really have no idea what my body fat is, i have a shitty electronic scale and it says 25%

>blogpost

Lifted in high school, best stats senior year were
5'8" 135lb
Squat: 295x1
Bench: 155x1
Power clean: 195x1
Hex deadlift: 365x1

Did brosplits for a couple months my freshman year of uni, then gave up lifting. Started again in 2014 doing 5/3/1 but became an alcoholic and gave up. Got up to ~150 lb and was chubby. Fall 2015 I got my shit together and cut down to 122 lb. Started lifting in Dec. Stats were

5'8" 122lb
Squat: 185x3
Bench: 155x3
OHP: 85x2
DL: 225x2

Blew out my MCL squatting and had to take 3 months off. Stats now are

5'8" 134 lb
Squat: 225x6
Bench: 175x6
OHP: 110x4
Deadlift: 295x5

I'm not going to make it. I train for strength but am weak.

Been lifting for about 6 months now
5'11
82kg
Dead - 160kg (1), 140kg for reps
Bench - 100kg (1), 85 for reps
Squat - 120 for reps, haven't tried 1rm
OHP - 60kg for reps
Rows - 70kg for reps, i'm lacking here a lot

How am i doing bros?

A+, you probably look good w/ a shirt on

>5'11
Someone do the door knob autism again on this manlet

At exactly 1 year beginning of this month. Ended my first year conveniently the same week I got these new PRs.
5' 10" 175 lbs
OHP: 145x1
Bench: 225x1
Squat: 365x1
DL: 365x1

Mirin OHP

I'm a legit 5'9 no e-stat and my waist is over the doorknob lmfao

Go for it, i don't really care
I'm leaning back in my photo to try and emphasize abs, and its a funny angle. I don't really have anything to prove to you guys anyway

Thanks bro :)

Don't really know if this is good or not but I just repped the 70 lb dumbbells x 5 for seated shoulder press today. Feels good cause its been my biggest goal for a few weeks now.

3 months

0.5/1/2/2

creeping up on a year now. still 230 but a lot more defined and bigger. hurt myself a couple times so over a year the total time lifting is probably closer to 8-9 months.

lifting since August last year. Was a skeleton, but gained 10 kgs since then. Feel fat as fuck tho.

Gonna start cutting next month I think

Lifting since March...still fat but getting there

100kg
6'3"
Bench: 90x5
OHP: 50x5
Dead: 140x5
Squat: 80x5 (just deloaded for form)

Start my first cut soon.

Something tells me you don't squat deep enough

Dont cut yet user, you will just look like you did when you first started lifting. This is a pretty common mistake beginners make. Do a VERY slow cut if your desire is to have a lower BF. Maybe eat like 200 cals under your daily intake and you will gradually get leaner without losing anything muscle.

If you go for a standard cut right now you will look even more like a dyel

Been lifting for about 1.5 months.

Was fairly active prior to then. Did pullups/chinups/bodyweight for a while plus cardio. New to weights.

Currently 165 lbs, 5'10", just turned 22.

Pic from a few days ago.

Any advice/recommendations welcome.

i fucked around on machines for 3 months then hopped on SL
current stats
5'10
bw 163lbs
dl 235
squat 205
bench 150
the press 95
row 135
(all for 5 reps)
my shoulders are absolute shit, i know

5'8
135 lb

been lifting for a week now and no 6 pack yet
thinking of giving up and going back to smoking weed all day

Lifts? I'm thr same height and weight

Don't post picture of your self until you have something to show off

5'9
145 lbs

been doing sl5x5 since october (~8 months) and my current working sets are:

squat 150
diddly 205
bench 120
ohp 75
row 125

fucking been plateaued forever and my stats suck for how long i've been lifting. i need to eat more but i am on adderall all day :(

only thing that keeps me going is that when I started I could barely move the bar in a straight line and I've come a long way.. I just feel like I have hit a wall with all the lifts and can't get past it. I started adding chinups, dips, planks, and leg raises to assist a couple months ago and it has helped but my weight is still 145.

brb going to pound peanut butter up my ass

>Should be starting to get where I want to be in another 1 year and 3 months.
lmao

What's so funny?

your 1 rep max XD also dubs get

I'm on Focalin user. It definitely fucks your appetite but I definitely feel like I have a bigger drive in the gym while I'm on it.

I eat a giant breakfast before I take it, idk how helpful that will be for you though

Will be lifting a year at mid-july, lost 20 lbs and gained a good bit of strength. Bench plateaued, but Squats and DL are still consistently increasing.

6'2 240lbs
Reps:
Squat: 335 x 5
DL: 385 x 5
Bench: 240 x 5
OHP: 110 x 10

Look the same after many months because shit diet