CABLE ROWS

Are you supposed to "swing" back and forth with the movement or keep your core nice and tight only rowing with your arms?

Info online is contradictory

Also what's the difference between high cable and low cable?

Swing a tiny bit while pulling the weight, this allows you to pull more and get more out of the negative. Don't forget to pull with the elbows and go slow on the negative.

Bump

you stretch your back as much as you can as it pulls back and than you retract your shoulders as you pull

Keep core tight, pull in and squeeze shoulderblades together. Don't swing, shouldn't pivot from hips.

>not doing rows for cardio

really depends on goals and experience of the lifter OP. sorry to give you an ambiguous answer

Just get on a real Ergometer and do a 20:00 minute piece. Twice a day. With proper technique and if you pull hard, it should be a pretty good workout.

pls

cable rows are such a fucking trash exercise

i did them for years and got no fucking results with them despite using proper form and progressive overload

weighted chinups and barbell rows are where it's at

Post body. Otherwise you are a dyel

Not him but here's something you can do.

1. Look at all the people at your gym who do Seated Cable Rows.
2. Look at all the people at your gym who do Barbell Rows.

Notice who actually looks like they lift, hehe.

Couldn't agree more user.

Watch Arnold do them in pumoing iron

Go forward eith your whole upper body keeping your shoulders retracted to get a lower back workout as well

>people believe that life is that simple.
how's it like having 80 iq?

Everyone does seated cable rows because they're simple and easy to perform. Yet 99% of people look DYEL.

Now you'll tend to see people who Barbell Row looking jacked, why? Because it actually takes proper form and strength to perform the exercise, it's not easy, so only jacked people are doing it. Why? Because that's how they got jacked, by learning effective exercises, not pussying out and doing cable rows.

Pussy ass bitches

Found the strongfat, guys

Not fat.

Enjoy doing pointless exercises and making no gains. :~)

What about Chinups (Supinated Grip) vs Pullups (Pronated) vs neutral grip?

Weighted chinups for vertical pulling strength progression
Bodyweight pullups for vertical pulling volume

So like 5x5 weighted chins, followed by a few sets of bodyweight pullups AMRAP (as many reps as possible)

Chins are better for strength progression because you'll always be stronger on them, therefore have much more room for progressively overloading.

look I dont need pics. but any experienced lifter knows every exercise is useful and that we go in and out of exercise that work for us. So dont knock it just because its not for you

From what I understand, chinups engage your biceps a lot more than pull ups do.

Makes sense. I've been doing just a single set of each as accessory after my main lifts because I feel my lats are lagging behind, so I'll try out 5x5 weighted chinups.

I agree with you, senpai.

>I take recreational exercise seriously

yeah?
who /dyel/ now?

I switch it up every 4 weeks. I get bored doing the same routine day in day out. I don't know how you guys do it.

Kek

What about dumbbell rows? What are the pros of using a barbell?

Why nobody mentioned one-armed dumbell rows. Did some 6x6 today with 50lbs.

I don't swing unless I'm doing a lot of weight.

lmao what the fuck is this

lightweight. go for 4x10-12.

do them both with no chest support and chest supported by a bench.

alternatively, you can do both version in the same day by doing 3x12 for each of them

I do both seated rows and barbell rows, I even do dumbell rows depending on the day. Both are good .

I have a bar in my house that I could do a few sets of hanging leg raises and other ab exercises before I even get to the gym, so I could bust out a 10-15 min ab workout between doing housestuff. Just how often should I be doing it?