How do you seem like a guy with an active and interesting life, when all you do is go to work...

How do you seem like a guy with an active and interesting life, when all you do is go to work, lift and browse Veeky Forums?

Afraid of coworkers asking me "so what have you been up to" and not having anything good to say other than "ummm.. working out"

I have Chad coworkers that run marathons, travel, play sports, etc. Even when they just hang out with friends it is better than what I do (I have no friends). Like, it's summer again, and every co-worker I have spends their time traveling, going to their cottage, going to weddings, etc.

Help, how do I become more interesting? I'm socially anxious, so "use meetup.com", isn't the best advice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/Ginghart/videos
helgalovekaty.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't.

>how do you seem like a guy with an active and interesting life

Life isn't active and interesting unless you're rich and don't have to work a 9-5 job.

Get use to it, faggot.

Just make shit up. Say you like reading, draw a bit, play guitar sometimes, whatever. No one actually gives enough of a fuck to enquire further.

-Don't browse Veeky Forums
-Spend more time outside
-Read more
-Start a meetup for socially anxious tards so you can all mumble together in person.

How old are you?

You do realize nobody actually give a fuck about you besides your parents right?

>Don't browse Veeky Forums
4chan actually has some pretty great info/insights if you know where to look.

I'm a programmer and classically trained pianist, do you think anyone gives a fuck about those things? Just have smart and insightful things to say on a huge variety of topics and social issues and people will love you, it's fucking simple

>how am be interesting Veeky Forums D:

Activities don't make someone interesting except in the shallowest of ways.

People are interesting TO EACH OTHER because their interests align.

Note how you keep coming to this board because the subject matter interests you.
Start there, and go find people that interest you IRL, and you will find your life interests them.

C'mon brah
We both know that doesn't justify it

you should ACTUALLY make an effort to live an active and interesting life

how do you get smart and insightful things to say?

Do something interesting with that strength you've got. Not super strength-based, but I've been practicing handstands recently. Also been doing partner yoga. That stuff seems to impress people

user, just remember that most of them just sit on the couch and watch the same stupid, mindless programs as everyone else while browsing Facebook in their free time. So if they're that boring, don't feel like you're too boring yourself.

>work

10% life experience, 20% reading, 50% talking to old people, 20% actually caring

>So last summer I went hiking in peru, went to 15 different concerts and spent a week surfing in Australia. What did you get up to user?
>Uh I can do a handstand

I don't really do anything besides work out, practice the piano and violin, work, and play Dark Souls. None of that really matters, and I'm still the life of the party, because I always have something fun to say! There's no hard and fast way to learn what to say, you just have to kind of throw yourself out there and realize that unless you're actively a dick, most people won't actually care.

My go to response however, when they ask that exact question and I don't feel like saying "Jacking it to hentai and playing Dark Souls" (which actually foes over wellnif you use the right tone), I just "doing me."

>and I'm still the life of the party, because I always have something fun to say
I do a lot of stuff in my life, but don't want to say shit to people. I usually just sit there as an autist, briefly answering their questions

Lifting to me is interesting but no one i work with cares that i hit a 3 plate bench over the weekend so wtf am i supposed to say if they don't care about the biggest thing in my life.
Lucky at my job everyone knows not to ask and if they do it is very general.

OP here, i'd like to play an instrument

but i'd hate to tell people that I'm learning to play guitar. because that's not impressive or anything.. and I'll probably never be decent at it

learn how to program
learn how to play an instrument
get in your car and drive somewhere that's cool and walk around
go for a hike
go climbing

You can either come across really insight full or fucking autist that everyone in the room hates talking to. Nothing worst that someone trying to start a conversation about religion while people are talking about a reality tv show.

I don't recommend telling people you do anything until you've actually learned to commit to it first

these

read books

You'd actually be surprise how telling them that youre learning the guitar is actually a decent conversation starter. Then they can follow up with what guitar you have, favorite guitarist, favorite music, etc. I think your problem is that you care what people think about you when you say something, you just have constantly remind yourself no one gives a shit about anything.

Obviously

Lie

Wrong advice. Even if your learning an instrument that still pretty cool to hear. If down the line say in 2 weeks they asks hows practice going and if you say you gave up but said it with confidence like, "Hahaha yeah about that guess guitar wasnt for me." thats also a conversation. My friends cousin is like that all the fucking time. Cool guy to be around, conversations are always awesome around him, tells us stories of how you bangs women all the time. Was involved in a MMF threesome two weeks ago.

Just dont sound timid. Say shit with confidence

might wanna pull back how heavily you rely on the elderly

by reading Veeky Forums you already probably have more interesting opinions than the majority of normies

i don't do anything interesting

i work with a bunch of people who do interesting things

how do i start doing interesting things too?!?!?

>step 1: ask to do shit with your coworkers
>step... actually that's fucking it
>???
>profit!

my coworkers don't seem to like me. i'm socially retarded

This. Thats just small talk. Everyone always answers it the same "you know working gotta pay the bills"

We are adults who are enslaved by our jobs they will understand.

who cares? they're just normie fags. fuck their opinions.

but really, just shut the fuck up. if people think you're socially retarded, talk as little as possible
>it's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it

What's the name of the family with these kids? I'm interested in the condition they have.

i dont want to start a new thread, so

>tfw you are bad at small talk

theres this chick on the couch next to me and shes just on her phone constantly, i really want her to be my gf.. shes the kind of girl i like.
she likes to get drunk and do stupid shit in the middle of the night like stealing bikes and breaking and entering and is unemployed aswell, which is a huge plus

one of my mates went to sleep, the other went to the second bedroom to fuck her chubby friend

its nice of them to leave me alone with her but i really dont know what to say... im quite good looking and every time i go out at least one girls approaches me but i havent got laid in years because i suck and holding a conversation.

i get messages in tinder and they ask me "hey how are you doing" and what the fuck am i supposed to say? im fine? what the fuck man

its not like im shy or anything, im really not. i just cant get a conversation going by myself. even with friend that i know for 15+ years i get anxiety when im alone with them and its awkward silence

Lmao.

Age is a bi product of experience and wisdom, I'm not against talking to the elderly even though most of their thoughts are stagnant and unprogressive but I meant having more friends that are older than you is important

Stop giving a shit and do what you enjoy.

If you force yourself to like things and pretent to be someone you're not it won't be worth it.

Everyone is interested in different things user. You're not a Chad, you're you.

talk about common music/movies you like

Age is a result of living a long time. Many, if not most, elderly people are just as ignorant as anyone else. Life isn't and RPG where you automatically gain levels as you get older.
>unprogressive
shithead

You might be right, i might be quoting someone whos thoughts and ideas, and ethical values have stayed the same since they were 5

i dont listen to music, shes huge into metal.
im already getting anxious because i know shes gonna ask me that sooner or later in a desperate attempt to get out of this situation

this lead to akward situations in the past before because people cant graps that i dont listen to music at all
i stalked her facebook and she watches pleb movies only. hurr durr fight club inception i am legend

shes my kind of girl though, unemployed, drunk and likes breaking and entering

youtube.com/user/Ginghart/videos
Anencephaly

You don't. You tell them "not much" in a confident way because you're not a fucking loser who cares about other peoples' judgment. You have nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

Just email the NSA and ask them to send you a list of all the places you've been in the last 1 month! Then you can show everyone the list of all the cool places you go!

ask her about adventures she's had, let her do the talking and just listen

by actually formulating opinions
no one cares what they are so long as you have opinions on things most people never even bother to think about people will think you are very fucking interesting

people think im very well read, all i do is lift

read a book nigger or random wikipedia articles spend hours learning about random shit

>she's my kind of girl
>even though we have all this uncommon traits
Nigga you're literally asking for a bad time

You might be, which is why assuming the elderly are experienced and wise is fucking dumb.
>bi product
read a book retard

>Life can't be compared to an rpg
My nigga how do you lvl str if not by putting time in the gym, how do you lvl int if not by walking this earth for a long time

well except for the music/movie thing i like tomboys who like to get drunk and do stupid shit.
i met her when she and her friend randomly rang my door bell asking for some tools to cut a steel rope to steal a boat.
thats when i fell in love. lel

its rare that i meet a girl who has taste in movies, books etc and i can disregard that. at least its not disney movies all over again like with my ex.

by the way she left to "go to sleep" seems like my skills with kung lao didnt express her as i spent the time playing mortal kombat while she refreshed facebook.

gonna get her drunk the next time, maybe this works

>int from walking the earth for a long time
>not WIS

>I like () who like to get drunk
Walking straight into a mess buddy
Especially if that's how you describe yourself too

>she's huge into metal

Motherfucker, I would hunt you down and beat you with your own olympic bar and make it my workout routine. Those chicks are rare as fuck, so you better capitalize on this economic opportunity.

Join your local firies, it'll give you another reason to get Veeky Forums and you'll have something to do outside of siting in your mothers basement masturbating all day.

well metal being this hardcore growling stuff + bands like slipknot and korn. dont know if you would call it metal i have no clue.
were i live girls are 50/50 either into electronic music or metal and the occasional hip hop chick

im in the army and really need a girl who likes to party on the weekend. just got out of a 7 years relationship were all we did was stay sober and watch movies and cuddle our cat

>lying about your personal life cause youre embarrassed

never gonna make it brah

>firies?
do you mean become a fireman?
i don't meet the vision requirements

>tfw will never be a pilot either
;_;

best thing to do is to become good at "observational humor". If you can make witty remarks about things going on around you, quick comebacks to people, and that shit, you're in the clear

Your "interests" and "hobbies" are only good as a method to meet more people. Obviously that is important, but you can have as many hobbies as you want, if you aren't funny, the people won't want you

>i don't meet the vision requirements
What? Stop making excuses and being lazy faggot, there aren't any vision requirements, a fair few of the guys I work with wear glasses.

You have me thinking. I'm lucky I have a friendship group (whom i grew up with) that always push to do interesting shit. In the past few months alone they've got me involved in shit like:
>Cliff jumping
>Tough mudder (obstacle course/marathon)
>touch football
>Clubbing
Without them i'd be a stay at home loser.

So to answer your question OP, get better friends.

I work two jobs, and attend summer classes at my university, along with working out and trying my best to go out and have fun with friends. user I'd suggest go hiking, hell just go out for walks. If you have any friends invite them, if not now your chance to not be socially retarded and start inviting coworkers.

Honestly, I'd kill for a 9 to 5 with weekends off. I work graveyard with weekdays off.

who dis

>all these faggots

Don't listen to this shit OP.

Being interesting is a broad thing. And what's interesting to some is not to others.

So what I usually suggest is to develop two or three hobbies and get to become friends with people who share thoes hobbies through practice of the hobby.

Like looking at stupid fucking horses ? Go to a stable and talk to people about horses.

Like do drive cars real fast vroom vroom ? Go to the track and talk to people about cars.

Like to "x" ? Go to the place where they fucking "x" and talk about it.

Before you know it Chad the bartender at your fuckoff job will be so impressed by your horse fuckery, car shit and "x " ing he will become jealous and not like you because you are more interesting. Because you go out and seek cool shit that you like. Girls will notice this too and look at you in a new light. " hey now, that a guy who's really like doing it really going for it you know? I like that and by proxy I'll probably like his dick too" -Chrissy from work

This might make me sound like a faggot but I street race motorcycles, shoot lots of guns, am not dyel, enjoy cooking, and hike shit weekly, own a small company I started out of my house, am an artist and musician. People seem to like me enough to ask me to hang out with them. Girls literally gobble me up.

So do yourself a favor and go and do some shit

PS I'm drinking shit loads of vodka today
>inb4 goodbye gains

Glhf

I used to be like that too. The key is to be the pers9n asking the questions. Once you do that long enough, you sort of learn what people want to hear/talk about, then people will want to ask you questions and you'll be good at answering them.

honestly, religion and politics are the worst subjects, people always tend to end up having different opinions about those and getting salty as fuck...

>one too many big macs, cute face doe. Veeky Forums what have you done to me?

>How do you seem like a guy with an active and interesting life, when all you do is go to work, lift and browse Veeky Forums?

im a software dev and i speak 3 languages/learning a 4th, i like to read philosophy and history but people generally don't give a shit about any of that. i'm hopeless when it comes to sports and shit but i have a pretty good sense of humor so i just cater it to whoever i'm talking to and can hit it off and seem interesting by only talking about things the other person has interest in and making relevant jokes with a good delivery

work on your sense of humor

> you sort of learn what people want to hear/talk about, then people will want to ask you questions and you'll be good at answering them.

I used to do this for a year and a half and became a social butterfly but the thing is
that it is stressful and made me feel sick to the stomach.

Don't try tp be someone you are not, it is a good skill to have in "unwanted"social situations but horrible for finding friends.

Listen to this faggot instead.

They just want you to acknowledge how cool they are, just say some trivial shit then pretend you're interested in what they did

helgalovekaty.tumblr.com/

you don't need friends to travel
literally nothing is more interesting than traveling

Find new activites that you enjoy doing. With every new activitity you become slightly more interesting.

That girl sounds awesome
I was basically into the exact same shit when I was a teenager
Used to vandalize shit every weekend, I had friends who were in hardcore bands that I would go to shows with all around the state and to different venues, fight club is a fucking GREAT movie every guy should like it, it has a lot to do with consumerism in America "advertising has us chasing cars and clothes working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we dont need"

man that's an easy conversation

I'd rather talk to the person who can do a handstand. He doesn't sound like he's compensating for something.

Why not? If they're a musician, they might give you some tips. Learning to play an instrument as an adult can be hard as fuck because most adults just don't want to wade through the kiddy shit (that they need to anyways).

>that sounds like a huge waste of money you could spend on making life here better so you wouldn't have to run away every year
I don't get why people like to travel. I'd rather invest money into things that will last for a long time, than blow it on what basically amounts to really expensive firecrackers

>just get friends
if i knew how, i wouldn't be friendless

whats so interesting about traveling? you can see pics of anywhere you want to go on your computer

inb4 meet cool people
i'm socially awkward and won't be able to meet anyone.

Compensating? Because he has interests? You are very deeply inside your own asshole mate

what kind of activities? how do i compare with people who already do those activities at a higher level?

i'm interested in programming, but i'm not very good. i have a coworker who codes, even volunteers to teach kids to code. don't think i can do that

Depending on your town their might be a Hackerspace in your proximity. Worst case scenario you get to hang with a bunch of other nerd and have lockpick competitions with em, best case you get together with really competent people who you will learn from. Probably something in between.

i'd like to learn a language, but i don't think i'd be able to even get fluent
same thing with guitar, i'd rather not tell people i'm learning a language when i have nothing to show for it tbqh

this is exactly what makes you the kind of guy who goes to Veeky Forums to ask how to become more interesting

>lying
>ever
Just make your life interesting. Read, go on hikes, find a hobby, most importantly: travel as much as you can. If you make your life an adventure, even if it's just one weekend a month, your problems with girls will fade into the distance.

>>one too many big macs

nahhh

This.

This. With confidence you can get laid spouting memes you read on Veeky Forums. I've done it more than once.

Read books
Adopt proper etiquette and body language
Work off of what the other person is saying (70% listening, 30% talking)
Embrace your weirdness (while putting an appropriate filter on what you say)

It's literally that easy. I'm fairly attractive, but I was always at the bottom of social spheres because I would say every fucking thing on my mind just to seem interesting. Now, I know what to say when it's needed, and people like me a lot more for that.

You don't listen to music at all? You think fight club & inception are pleb movies?

Dude you're a fucking weirdo.

I work 8 - 4:30 and I still get 50 miles of cycling done every day

Just being honest. What do you like about traveling, can you describe the benefits concretely

Everyone says it's great, but can never seem to describe it. I've traveled recently, it was nice to get away for a while, but that's it. I'm not somehow a better person

OP here, I do read, I go on hikes sometimes, by myself. I travel sometimes, by myself (but don't think it's that interesting).. What else can I do?

Bump

He might have bad color vision like me. I'm DQ'd from shitloads of cool jobs.

OP, watch stand up comedy, learn from it, and be funnier. People love a funny person

Even simpler: let them relate to you