How do i work out?

How do i work out?

I weigh just above 200 pounds but i don't have any muscles at all. I have done close to nothing for my whole life. Except for the short walk to school/train I generally just sit by my computer. Then a few months ago I tried to start working out because I realize I will have some major health issues on my hands I don't, however, even the lightest workout i could imagine ruined my back for 2 months.

My first priority is to build some muscle, I don't really care about losing weight just yet. How do i start working out?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_low_calorie_diet
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If only there was a sticky readily available for beginners.

Read the sticky on diet.
For beginning workouts: pushups, situps, light jogs. Otherwise, read the fucking sticky

If only. And maybe there could be something to make sure no one would miss it. Some kind of eye-catching graphic - something crazy! Like a dinosaur running back and forth or something.

you need to lose weight before you can make any gains.

I have read the sticky but since normal training methods generally overexerts me I'm looking for something easier that helps me build a base where none exists.

Start with lower weight or lower reps.
Also body weight.

start by walking everyday. probably the easiest thing possible

fork put-downs 1xF
sticky 1xF

Start running fatty

Dude bodyweight will kill him

Looks more like 250 desu

Get your diet fixed. Seriously don't worry about exercise, just take a longer walk than usual, swim or bike.
Eating at a reasonable caloric deficit is much more important for your weightloss than exercise. You can't outrun your fork fatty.

Diet is the most important thing though. If you want to lose weight fast and if you have the willpower to live on sub-1000 calories a day then I have something for you to try, namely this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_low_calorie_diet

I used to weigh 270 (down to 165 now). What I did was to have an ALL liquid diet for around 4 months or so. 600 calories worth of shakes a day. Dropped 80lbs just from that. Then when the worst weight was gone, I switched to a more normal diet with veggies, brown rice, chicken, salmon and crispbread and started lifting.

Now there is a risk of loose skin and muscle loss but that's the price you pay for losing weight fast.

Just do cardio, get on a stationary bike in the gym. Do as much as you can. Follow the sticky advice for diet.

dont listen to some of this other bullshit OP
namely read the damn sticky

stick to a slight caloric deficit or you'll ruin your metabolism

diet is key but start lifting moderately. squat, bench, deadlift, push-press, and bent over row are really all you need to start out. then start adding more exercises as you see fit.

>tfw six one 340 lbs and dont have tits like that
God I got lucky with my genetics.

What's the key to losing weight while building muscle? I dont want to go the huge caloric deficit route and end up with all that loose skin.

...did you shave your fucking chest?

please be in London

do you want to be a trap? I'd suck those sweet sweet tits

He could only be 5'2"?

this. if you really are as fat and weak as you say, walking for an hour each day will do wonders for you. if that's too easy, hit up the stationary bike

NO FAGGOT GO LIFT. LIFT THE DAMN BAR

LIFT A DAMN PVC PIPE

SQUATS BENCH DEADLIFT OVERHEAD PRESS WITH A PVC PIPE UNTIL YOUR PATHETIC SELF CAN LIFT THE BAR WITH ZERO WEIGHT ON IT FOR ONE REP

no way he can do pushups

OP you're a faggot for not reading the sticky, but here's what you need to do. I was in a similar situation as you.

>Stop drinking pop and alcohol
>Stop eating like shit
>Start counting everything you eat with MyFitnessPal
>Eat at a 500kCal deficit for 40ish weeks
>Do dumbbell and bodyweight workouts during this period to get your body used to lifting weight
>Once you hit 160lb, switch to a barbell routine like Strong Lifts or Starting Strength and eat at a 200-300kCal surpless

This is a life change decision that you have to make

I started where you're at and let me give you the advice you need from the mistakes I made.

Cut first, get to 12% then, and only then, eat at maintenance for a while. Until you're that weight, don't eat more than your calorie needs minus 500.

Don't carb cycle. You don't know what you're doing and proper carb cycling comes from experience and knowing your body and it's reaction to carbs.

Only do intermittent fasting if you have a full time job. Otherwise, put the energy into eating three meals a day and working out 4-6 times a week.

Pick 3-4 lifts, do them heavy and hard at least once a week each. You're fat right now so I suggest bench, rack pulls, squats. I doubt you have the mobility for deads from the floor but you'll get there.

Don't fall for ANY fad diets. Especially juicing.

Limit your caffeine intake.

Don't fall for any obvious shilling. Protein powder is the only useful supplement for someone like you. Fat burners, multivitamins, etc, are all useless to you right now. Spend your money on good food and maybe zinc.

Accessories shouldn't be all about arms. Get on the smith machine and smoke your legs at the end of a squat workout. Do incline dumbbell chest presses. Do face pulls and lateral raises. You won't see your gains for a while but you'll feel them and it's the best motivation.

Be consistent. Don't let it consume you, though. If you have to miss a gym day for some time with family, do it. Hit it hard the day after or do some bodyweight shit in the bathroom at your grandma's house, whatever, but don't let shit pass you by because muh gains.

Stationary bike is your cardio. Don't jog, run, row, etc... Just bike. It's low impact and great for hiit sessions.

Most importantly, don't expect the gym to solve your problems. You solve them. Get yourself right physically AND mentally. That's when the real gains come.

Good luck fucking faggot.

OP do not do bodyweight exercises, the people recommending it have clearly never been really obese before. You WILL get injured. Start lifting the empty bar and if you're so pathetically weak you can't even do that, get a broomstick or something lighter, and don't tell me you're too weak for that either because I KNOW that's a lie because how the fuck would you then be able to lift all those hamburgers and stuff 'em in your fat ugly face?

Hey man. I'm new to this whole Veeky Forumsness thing myself but my best advice I can give you which isn't much is quit eating like shit. I did and it's helped alot. No more Totino's party pizzas, soda, candy, fried chicken. None of that shit. If you want something to help you watch what you eat get the MyFittnessPal app. It's helped me see exactly what I'm consuming and what to watch out for. You''ll never make it if you don't try.