Why do you lift?

Why do you lift?

so she will notice me instead of him

so there's at least one thing in life I can feel like I'm making progress in

Confidence and with confidence and good looks comes girls

A healthy body makes videogames a lot more fun.

And I love videogames.

Whoa, who invited not-/v/?

Its fun and healthy

Yep, same here.

I can't stop fapping, I can't stop eating, I can't even take care of my fish tank right. But I go to the gym always. It's the only place where I see results.

To prove to myself i still have some self worth left and to make my ex regret ever destroying me

I dont, i just come here to give terrible advice to people

I want to look good and have erections in front of the mirror.

I don't have any choice. Its part of my contract and if I didnt do it I'd be setting myself up for possible lifelong injury.

s-same here bro...

so girls try to fuck me.

I have a gf but I really love when I get approached and hit on. It's a power thing for me. I am god.

Yeah that's not gonna happen.

But I can't say I don't understand how you feel. We've all been there.

prepare for the coming race war

Because I can

It makes me feel better than anything else in my life.

That, and I find fat people really distasteful.

for my dead grandfather who died when i was 5
for my grandmother
for myself and the shit ive been through completely alone
one day my body will be an avatar of the hatred i keep contained inside myself

plus what else is there to it anyway? women are garbage. proper education will get me nowhere if i dont shake the proper hands. my body is the only thing i can work on and not end up treated like a clown in the end

Because I hate looking in the mirror and I'm sick of faggots go
>awwwl you've lost a lot of weight haven't yooooou? xDDDDD

Yep. When I started lifting it was for women but I accepted long ago that I would always be a lonely virgin. My body is the only thing I can be proud of in my shitty life.

the alternative is suicide

To beat up little anime girls.

topkek

I started getting fit for girls, I'm still doing it for myself now.
When I was a fatty, I used to daydream of me being lean, stronk and kicking asses. Nowaday I just look in the mirror.

>Though I will never save the maiden like in my old self's daydreams, forever single ;_;7

To get my ex boyfriend back or at least feel better about myself if that doesn't happen.

A lot of Negroes have moved into my hood and the only thing they understand is to not fuck with fit guys.

I copped a few mires last night when I was grocery shopping, so that felt good.

I still understand that I will never date again, though.

Because I was unhappy. It helps quite a bit.

I suffer from severe depression.

I know this all too well

But you're not making progress in lifting, just like everything else in your life.

This is too real

I lift for the sport

Also I'm kind of insecure when it comes to being the strongest man in the room

Because if i get big enough, maybe my problems will be intimidated by me, and not the other way around.

are you me

Theres a girl I really like that loves my personality and always texts me about stuff but said shes not into me that way

She moved away and is struggling to find a job. Meanwhile I've been working out 4 days a week and found a great job

Hoping she moves back and I can turn her down when she tries to date me after seeing me in shape and succesfull

Its a pipe dream.

>makes me feel better about my body (I don't want to be a skinnyfat dork) and watching the progress is nice
>weak 90% of my life, tired of being weaker than sportsy women, feels good to lift heavy things with ease
>gives me something to do because I have no friends

gotta get big goddammit, right babe?

I used to be fat and unhealthy. Lifting raised my confidence and I also love breaking PRs.
>still a kissless virgin tho

Being Veeky Forums makes people judge me less for my obsession with anime and video games, and I want to bang con sluts easier.
Also I'm trying to compete in BJJ Tournaments.

For the Führer.

>Mfw samurai using double slash with haste

Rolling for loli geomancer

WHATEVER IT TAKES

R-r-roll

So I can eat horribly and drink lots of alcohol and stay in shape.

>parents are immigrants from Eastern Europe
>for some reason they're very pessimistic even though they are their own success story of how they came here and how hard it was
>every day go to school learn stuff
>go home tell them about it
>ignore it or wave it off
>make a friend
>immediately suspicious of them
>want to go somewhere
>where why who what when no
>meet clever amazing people who inspire me
>"you're not a genius though"
>"they're lying about their accomplishments"
>talk excitedly about my future and possibilities
>look at me with raised eyebrows and say it's impossible
>make fun of all of my dreams, hopes, my interests and aspirations
>tell me I've never done anything good in my life, ask me why I study when I'm never gonna get anywhere
>constantly nagging at each other, just a constant pessimistic cynical hateful vibe that has me on edge
>so disgustingly rude about others they don't even know
>dad gets drunk one night and calls me shit like a dirty useless being
>then wonder why I have trust issues, am anxious and depressed
>go on to make fun of that and tell me I'm a weak bitch
>blackmail me, as a kid threaten to cancel gym membership, probably the only thing which made me happy so it would have crushed me
>dad promised to help me with college money, then pulls out at last minute to buy himself a fucking car
>hate this so much I've conditioned myself to have a negative reaction every time I even hear the door unlock

You don't create a child to go on to shoot down all its hopes and make it feel like dirt. I'm gonna make it in all the ways I told them I would and I'm going to leave and never talk to them again.

Gimme dat Oracle

Summoner is just as good

my fiance of 3 yrs dumped me so I had to do stuff to improve my brain chemistry or i would prob kill myself

must say overall my life is better now

This

I have nothing better to do in the evenings after work.

It feels right, as if I'm doing something with my life, earning my own respect

Roll

I want to look in the mirror and be satisfied with what I see. I want to feel comfortable taking my shirt off in public. I want to happy.

>be satisfied with what I see

I have some bad news for you: body dysmorphia is in your future.

i dont wanna be weak anymore

also working out helped with my focus

>tfw everyone thought you had adhd
>tfw your inattention completely went away with exercise

I lift for the boys.

So I can intimidate them in front of the girls.

You look better, you feel better, you live longer, you are more useful to society and as a result, your life will be a better one. All it costs is a few bad habits.

Move out asap and start living your life, you can do it!

>boys in school all have ADHD these days! put them all on psychoactive drugs!
>what if we just let them run around for an hour each day like we used to do?

I want to live as long as posible

You gotta dream big to live big cmon

To become senpai.

> be me, manlet of 58kg for 170cm
> doing taekwondo
> speed is the only thing that allows me to kick somewhat strong
> mfw when my muscles can't endure the speed and my muscles strains at almost every kick
That sucks desu

So that I'll be worthy of my waifu

I want to be a bigger nigga

I would user, but I don't have enough money
Can't wait for the day I do

Because I hate myself. Always have been disgusted with myself. Perhaps once I get Veeky Forums it'll change right bros?

>BJJ

Cut the umbilical cord already fag

This, and the progression is a hobby alongside the physical activity.

I also have no desire to drink alcohol when I'm consistently lifting, which keeps me more productive at work and less groggy, as I'd usually drink every other night.

Rollin'

roll1

To improve myself and become a superior version of who i am today.
Like rippetoe says, stronger people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general.

Parents also came over from eastern europe, i feel ya man.
I forgive my dad though. He was raised by 2 sociopaths and grew up in a communist dictatorship, nobody ever taught him the right thing to do or what it means to be a father.

Roll

This.

For the longest time I just lifted because it became a compulsion, but now I finally have a motive...

To rub it into the beta cucks' faces when they accuse me of being a 300lbs stormfront neckbeard for dropping redpills.

>He was raised by 2 sociopaths and grew up in a communist dictatorship
Shit are you me?

Creepiest thing is that my parents talk communism up like it was amazing. They will literally say how good it was that the government hid stuff from them and kept them from leaving the country.

My dad is super traditional, anything outside of his "norm" is a retard, a disaster, and should be nuked.

What country by the way?

I want someone to love me, but I'm so shallow I'm more than happy for someone to love my body

My reason as well desu, at first it was to get the gf

I was bored and picking up weights and cardio fills in a few more hours in my day

>possible lifelong injury
What a weird phrase desoo sampie.
If you're in a car crash and your arteries are severed you've also got a lifelong injury.

Romania. Thankfully my parents aren't retarded though, just god-awful at parenting. All their stories about communism are bad, eg waiting in line for 12 hours to buy bread and then the stock runs out, stupid obligations like going to 4 hour meetings to listen to recordings of leaders' speeches, etc.
They say that there was a bright side though: you'd be guaranteed a house and a place to work.
I figure that's not exactly much of a bright side: even slaves get a place to live and work.

rollstein

>fiance of 3 yrs
m8 that's too long between engagement and wedding

sounds like a shit motivator desu

My best friend does and I'm unemployed and don't have uni for the summer so it gets me out of the house.

Also I'm sick of being the small unattractive one when we go on a night out.

don't go out, problem solved.

Or I could go to the gym, lift, eat better, become healthier, feel better about myself, look a bit better, still go out.

I think that's a better solution.

because I want to travel. I see no reason to commit to any ambitions of mine unless I am in good health.

For the goddamn race war.
>>Tfw cracking nigger skulls for khorne

I have faith in you user. Sending positive vibes your way

Ive been weak all my entire life

Now i want to be strong. The best version of myself.

Roll, I'm starting with boxing user and moving onto judo. I hope to dip my toes in all the martial arts

I was lifting for 16 months straight. Looking good. Feeling strong. I hurt my shoulder a bit many months ago and didn't stop. When I warmed up it wouldn't hurt, but the pain always came back the next day. Not to mention there was definitely weakness. I had to stop. That was almost three months ago now. I've done the occasional leg/abs workout, but I'm just not motivated anymore.

How do you keep the fire burning? How do you get it back?

Boxing

bruh.

roll, and I just want to look good naked

Truthfully, its because of my grandparents. My grandfather used to be an amateur boxer and football coach and was fairly active for most of his life. He had a huge sweet tooth which lead him to become diabetic. The diabetes weakened him both mentally and physically for the last five years of his life. Grandpa was bed ridden and out of it completely for his last year, but kept a postive demenor until his last breathe. Grandma is still with us, but she has dementia and isn't quite as positive. Her biggest issue physically is that she can barely walk and lift anything so she's very dependant on others for day to day tasks. So watching them struggle has lead me to try to be a strong and healthy as I can be for as long as possible.

she probably found your personality toxic and face terrible. if a girl tries to date you for your body/money shit is probably shit tier as well. have fun living a joke of a life you piece of human garbage

>captcha: images of eggs