When a neo-liberal says there has never been a better time to live in than now

>when a neo-liberal says there has never been a better time to live in than now
>"Name a better alternative!"

>Life happiness is measured by materialism

what else is there, christcuck

>there has never been a better time to live in than now

That’s true

Neo-liberalism has been holding us back with stagnation of real wage growth and lack of tangible technological progress. It's like saying communism is good because it's better than 15th century Russia.

the post war era

Only a fool would admit that materialism is everything when in reality we still don't know everything. This is why we have God to explain the unexplained, yet fools would rather be overconfident with themselves and assume there is nothing else out there.

>Name a better alternative
>>Sub-National governments appoint senators to compose a national government
>>Senators elect a dictator for life from among them with the ability to recall them (think papal conclave)
>>Only net-tax payers or military veterans can vote

>fools would rather be overconfident with themselves and assume there is nothing else out there.
better than assuming there's a magical mega human who created everything and wants to micromanage our lives

I agree with this

But what if there is? Then what?

Should women be included?

Only if they're unmarried and pay enough taxes

No women allowed in the military

then that makes it his fault for not making his existence verifiable

that's not going to matter much to the God if God puts you in eternal damnation

the way I see it, it's better to think there was a God then if there was nothing at all, just in case.

and no, I'm not a Christian, I'm a deist

>I have 6 gorillion dollars student debt and can't get a job because I only have a degree in comparative central asian beekeeping studies, we must be living in a dystopia for this to happen!11!

Stalinist USSR unironically

>Can get a job even you're autistic
>Traditionalist, no tatoos or piercings
>no corrupt clergy
>You get enough money to live by, don't end up homeless
> You can rise through the party without connections, but by ideological zeolousness instead of charisma and social skills
> You get to eat the produce of former Kulak land for free if youre a peasant
>free higher education
>free healthcare

Man has reason. He was evolved to lie and steal and cheat to take every undue advantage. And yet he has morals, and has since before our earliest histories, and will not do those things if he cares about being right with himself, or his neighbors. He has in him desires that can be satisfied by nothing in this world, by no material or pleasure. You would chock that up to mere accident, just because it's purpose is contrary to your own.

You have never felt the things that stir when one is alone in the desert, and known that you were small, not just compared to nature but to something bigger than nature. If you desire truth, don't close your eyes and hold yourself up in a small world. Read. Travel. Introspect. Meditate carefully on what is written and said. Study history even and you can find it. Do something. All great philosophical questions have answers. It is a recent lie from a stupid sort that they don't. I hope you can overcome it user.

>my life is so sheltered i have to assume its never been hard

Eat shit russo Slavic viral marketer

Nah, you'll provide a better alternative, but they won't consider it a better alternative because of their arbitrary standards of "better".
For example, you might be seeking a more "just" government, and democratic functions are in use to meet that end, not that Democracy is the ultimate end-all be-all.

But to them, Democracy is just that. The virtue, the justice, the efficiency, these are pushed to the side in favor of the system itself. It's the cart before the horse, and I blame populism. Governance is not by the most qualified, but who can woo the masses.

Holocene climatic optimum.

Late Victorian Britain or 1940/50s America.

Why are they better?

>le civil rights movement and gradual shift into neoliberalism
The early 1900s was GOAT if you were white.

go ahead and name one

I dare you

>haha I'm finally in a time without the excess and dehumanization of technology!
>dies from random plague

>Jewish Britain and Jewish America were the best times to live in

Muh life expectancy
Muh death is inherently bad

Cuck

if it's not that bad for ya why don't you kill yourself?

culturally there have been better times

however in basically every other aspect of society the current era is the GOAT

Great society you got there. Let me guess, it's the fault of immigrants and feminists that you're a loser with no life prospects, right?

>we are not omniscient therefore we can't claim anything