Start the war by consistently routing the Viet Cong...

>Start the war by consistently routing the Viet Cong, pioneering using the M113 as a light armor vehicle appropriate for the marshes and jungles
>Hold the imperial citadel against superior NVA forces in Hue while the Americans were fighting in the urban centers
>Retake several cities by themselves during the Tet Offensive, also bearing most of the fighting
>Beat back the Easter Offensive
>inflict heavy casualties on the PAVN and VC, even in the battles where it was a strategic loss for South Vietnam
>Fight the war across two decades of higher echelon corruption, nepotism, coups, and dogshit presidents
>Fought in the late war without fuel for vehicles, and soldiers only getting 85 rounds and a grenade per month
>Artillery was only rationed to 4 shells a day by the end
>Fight on even after pay cuts and officers stealing their supplies
>Held Xuan Loc for 12 days against superior forces even as they were being slowly encircled from the west
>get remembered as cowards and double agents for the VC
Is the ARVN one of the most underrated militaries of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IdR2Iktffaw?t=34
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No they were shit

R E V I S E D
E
V
I
S
E
D

This thread brought to you by the Vietnam Central Bureau of Truth and History

?? The current vietnamese government has no interest in gloryfying the ARVN

>M113
A FUCKING BOX

>muh kdr
I point you now to the eastern fronts of WW2 where small Japanese forces made fortresses out of islands and butchered Americans while they scrambled to find them all to the point where starving them out was preferable and some lasted for 20+ years after the war ended
Where Germans slaughtered, encircled and decimated Soviet armies in a foray from Poland to Crimea
I point you to the jungles of Vietnam, in question where GIs and ARVN, as well as some bitchass French fucks slaughtered North Vietnamese and Chinese for years.
They accomplished dick. Each of them.

Not surprising they performed decent tactically against the NLF; people don't wage guerilla wars when they have the option of consistently defeating the enemy's conventional forces toe to toe.

i just can't take these gook twinks seriously

Except the PLAF were consistently defeating the ARVN in 1964, and the PAVN defeated the ARVN conclusively in 1975 and with consistency in 1972. You don't need hyberbole to praise the arvn.

I don't follow your meaning. PAVN stayed mostly bottled up in the north until the end because they couldn't move south and expel US/ARVN (almost entirely the US) conventionally at the time, so the north used the NLF and guerrilla warfare to negate their enemy's advantages.

The NFL was a shallow front outside of PRG operations. From 1965 mainline PAVN units of battalion strength Andrew greater were operating in the RVN. PLAF force and from 1968, other than ldf were rebuilt largely from PAVN reinforcements.

Seriously chap? Bottled up in the north?

Post 1968 the NFL rather.

>people still lose sometimes even when achieving a favourable exchange ratio, so the ratio doesn't actually matter at all!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

BOX
OXO
XOB

>being this much of a brainlet that I have to explain to you that the KDR doesn’t accomplish dick and there’s a reason you’ll only see armchair general frothing over such a pathetic showing
It’s not 1206 anymore user slaughtering your enemy wantonly is not how you win wars anymore

ARVN is the saddest part of the Vietnam War desu
>Be ARViN grunt
>pay is shit
>commander hates you
>US marines think you're useless
>VC will put you into reeducation camps (slave labour camps) when, not if, they capture you for decades
>no VA if you manage to flee to the US
>American hippies ignore your existence and cheer when Saigon falls
>all along you were actually the good guy
makes me sad thinking about it

youtu.be/IdR2Iktffaw?t=34

lmfao, what was the PAVN thinking

>And butchered Americans
Their was only one battle in the Pacific where the Japs didn't get the everliving shit kicked out of them by the United States: Iwo. Literally one. Even bloodbaths like Tarawa, Okinawa and Peleliu were lopsided as fuck.

Honestly, at the beginning of the Easter Offensive, the cracks in ARVN were becoming very obvious. The only reason it failed was because of Linebacker and Pocket Money.

I would add the initial invasion of The Philipeans and Guadalcanal to that list, but it is still a very small list.

Not on the ground, that's for sure.
Wikipedia casualty bar isn't a good source on a battle btw

Not surprisingly. The US always had a tremendous numerical advantage, and utterly superior logistical support. The Japanese garrisons fought bravely with shit weapons, no food, no supplies, and got bombed into oblivion by American warships and dive bombers. The Japanese really didn't think this one through and got their asses kicked.

The ARVN defeat in 1975 came after the US Congress callously cut off all military aid to South Vietnam. Hence the ammunition and fuel shortages mentioned above, which virtually guaranteed their defeat.

OUR ENEMIES HIDE IN METAL BOXES