/plg/

powerliftinggeneral.com/

/Try harder general/

Other urls found in this thread:

powerliftinggeneral.com/?
instagram.com/p/BGc8L6aGiSu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for friendship

why does literally everyone i try to teach to deadlift not even have the flexibility to get into a decent starting position

it's not that extreme of a position.

then i'm like "ok do these stretches" and they never do

damnit

Yeah I get you. Both my brother and girlfriend wanted me to teach them how to deadlift and I eventually just ask them to stop because they're both inflexible and unable to not round their lower back

How about those stretches tho, bro?

Day 4 without lifting

My schedule switched and now I'll be driving all over sd mn ia and ne for the next 3 weeks working more 12 hour shift plant startups.

In more towns without gyms, let alone enough time to actually lift. I still don't get to bring my on meals either, and don't get to choose where we eat lmao

Wew lads. I do love watching my arms and legs shrink by the day while watching my fat tire get worse

Is static stretching enough to increase mobility for deadlift?
Or is it better to get a foam roller and do active stretching instead/as well?

>unable to not round their lower back

Kelly Starrett says that this is hamstring mobility issues. Personally, I've seen people follow Rip's method to the T, after showing them how to tell if their lumbar is tight, squeezing their chest up hard, but their lumbar still rounds before they even pull.

>"The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race."

Start doing meme routines.

Improve bench arch?

I feel you'll get better results doing mobility work on a foam roller or a lacrosse ball than just "stretching."

Bodyweight fitness? I usually do it while I'm away from a gym.

It's not even close to what you'd get from a barbell, but it's something.

Yeah that's what I had. Eventually they'd get into the starting position but as soon as they pull (jerk) they lose all form of tightness. I actually have no clue how I learnt by myself without fucking my shit

Yeah exactly. All I want to do is teach my gym buddies how to deadlift and I've been asked to several times but I run into this issue literally every single time. I don't know how people like Rip seem to have success teaching complete newbies to the gym how to deadlift.

Yeah that's what I try too. If you can get their lumbar flat at any point even with the weight resting on the ground you're doing better than I've been able to... Sometimes they get close but like you say it disappears right away

>I actually have no clue how I learnt by myself without fucking my shit

it's very difficult to injure yourself with under 200kg

no you fucking pussy

I think you're lying. Isley's arch has always been non-existent.

Where's Rippetits?

You faggots should at least read SS before trying to coach people on how to deadlift.

Only Hawkings-mode don't have enough flexibility to deadlift. It's a position that doesn't require ANY of the muscles to be too stretched.
The issues the people are having is fixable by having a good coach who knows what he's doing.

>he doesn't know

Lad...

I agree with this guy desu

It's so weird that the setup feels the hardest to teach new people how to do, but it's the simplest lift with the least amount of steps.

Tell that to the bodybuilder at my gym who fucked himself up pulling 100kg

I know. It's especially weird bc the guy I was trying to teach today actually has a pretty nice squat to a good depth so I thought he'd be comfortable in that kind of position.

I know for me it took way longer to feel good about my squat form than deadlift, though maybe my deadlift form was atrocious and I just had no idea.

>doing sheiko 29-32 for bench
>midway through 31
>its feeling a bit too easy
>up my max by 25 pounds
>manage to complete the workout without much trouble

this totally means my max went up by 25 pounds right guys?

Or you've just been unconsciously sandbagging.

It means you finally started to try.

Yeah absolutely. In fact, since you finished it with no problems, you might as well up it by at least another 10lb. You should NEVER finish a workout without failing reps

would i be embarrassed at first meet. 160 lb 1055 total or should i just go

go

Go for it dude. Gotta start somewhere.

You probably won't place but who gives a shit

It's a great experience, there's much more camaraderie than competition.
A wilks over 300 isn't embarrassing at all.

>a wilks of over 300 isn't embarrassing at all

I've finally made it

thanks friends

Definitely go. The meet I went to was a small local one. I'm weak as shit and got 3rd out of 6 in my weight class. It was a ton of fun.

do it. literally nobody will give a shit

>A wilks over 300 isn't embarrassing at all.
pic

300 wilks = you lift
350 wilks = you're strong
400 wilks = you made it!

So what's sergeys 600 wilks?

no, 300 wilks you're novice
400 you're as average as average gets

pretty basic no homo tho

Whenever the hell I bother-ly reminder that a standing press from a rack would be a better competition lift than the gimmick clusterfuck of bench press in every way.

And if you disagree you're an egolifting elastic babby

300 wilks is around the 1000lb mark for a medium weight lifter.

Far from novice

>medium weight lifter

1000lb is shit for a 275 or 308er though

There have only been a handful of lifters with wilks over 400 that have posted on fit. Usually they are well respected.

There are plenty of e-stat posters like you.

>tfw almost advanced
lol wut

I'm here. What's up bud?

I just calculated my wilks to 253. Can I hang with the cool kids or do I have to keep suckling dick in /cbt/

>253 wilks

gb2/fa/ and don't return until you're over 300

fuark this is good bait

Did you hit 10?

I would need a 1500 total to break a 400 wilks. Wew.

It's the truth, Bodoro and Lotus are two of the few trips that have such wilks and vids to back it up.

Even Isley hasn't got 400 wilks raw.

I failed miserably. Worst bench session of my life. Bully me all you like. Only 3 "good" reps

Only the top 13 are over 400.
powerliftinggeneral.com/?

Norse, rolan, virtus, granticus, wank, joff and danklifts all have 400+ you stupid twat

Wait a minute, is it me or do the second smallest plates have handles on them? If they do, then I made a huge mistake...

You have until the end of your current 531 training cycle to unfuck this situation or I'm going to assume command of your programming.

High gravity day

>bodorio
>lotus
>norse
>bryce
>ssb (over 500)
>alex
>joffrey
>wank
>spaghettibrah

just off the top of my head people that post here over 400

Seriously lads, if those second smallest plates have a handle on them, then I accidentally put 250 on there

Can't open webms on my phone so I can't check for ya.

Gz on liftin 250 for 3 though

I wouldn't mind that at all tbqh

I've done 250x3x5 though, but considering that it was a 35 lb jump after doing two triples and a warm up, it wasn't too terrible

Hey I remember you saying you were a couple of pounds away from being out of the 'obese' category. didja make it?

>bouncy castle

I dunno. I weigh myself on Sunday. I don't think so though, since I'm retaining a stupid amount of water weight for whatever reason. So, for BMI, not yet. For BF% though, I have been.

The only actual bounced rep was the last one, and it was from being misgrooved.

I'll help you when the time comes, on the condition that you stop whining about stupid shit.

Sounds good breh. With your programming, I shouldn't have anything to complain about anyway :^)

>weighing yourself once a week

How to get unreliable results 101

>I shouldn't have anything to complain about anyway :^)

RIP

I weigh myself every morning, but the official one is on Sunday morning, since its the exact same conditions at the exact same time, while the other days aren't as static for me.

>1000lb
>far from novice
lol

'no'

weighing yourself weekly, daily or hourly has zero (0) effect on the only important part of weight loss and gain, caloric intake.

>posted on fit
nice standards you have there

>when you forget which new trip you were just bullying and you're not sure if you can continue your story of bullying or if you have to start a new chapter

Who /hipthrust/ here?

If your consistent with it I don't see why its bad.

If I do it every Monday morning under the same conditions (post shit, fasted, naked, etc) the number on the scale will be pretty accurate relative to last week's weigh in.

Hey, look at . I'm not a complete failure after all lel. Accidentally loaded the weights wrong. 250x3 after an improper warm up

It was Lith

we can see its fake as fuck and forced
just stop before it becomes cringy and you ruin your reputation
just continue with the real shithead, isley

Oh yeah obviously it won't affect your results but I find my weight spikes sometimes depending on how much I drink or what I eat.

Measuring once a week adds the possibility of you only seeing outliers

>tfw lifting for 2 years and only at 313 wilks
Why even try?

How? Have you been following a good program and eating correctly all 2 years?

>tfw lifting for 2 years and mad as fuck im still just under 400 wilks

instagram.com/p/BGc8L6aGiSu/
>you will never squat 275 for 3, yelling "FUCK YEAH, C'MON" on the second rep in anticipation of winning Worlds
Haack has hip issues, seems like Gibbs has the squat in the bag. Plus look at that shred, two weeks out.

Gibbs is absolutely gonna win, he's such a beast

I just want to go back to the time I didn't think gibbs wasn't a douche

>double negative

It's too late for me to figure this out

No kidding, I spent a solid minute trying to figure this sentence out

So you used to think he was a douche but now he's not, right?

Pointless post.

>eating correctly
Not at all desu. I've gained 50lbs since I started but that's not enough.

Was***

Fuck, his newest vid he mentions he hurt his back "pretty bad" last week or so. It could go both ways at this point
Why do you do this? You're fucking tripping and bragging with pics of your gf, you're the douche, and the chad. Gibbs is pretty reserved all things considered, and he's done a lot for the sport nonetheless.

How's your squat coming along my friend? Any new PR? I'm following you closely

Pointless post

was that webm from earlier yoru gf's ass

Calm down lad, /plg/ needs its resident Chad.

Also tfw you're discriminated against by wilks

That was one of my sanchas

That isn't why your wilks is shit

Pointless post.

When ever you make stupid comments like this just remember your personality doesn't shine through in a black and white comment on the internet. You just look like a tool.