Need some real good advice

I've been lifting for one month. I have also been eating a ton. About 300-350 more calories than usual. I've definitely noticed strength gains. But for some reason I have lost weight. I've lost about 4 pounds since I've started lifting. I wasn't even able to bench lmao 1pl811!! but now I'm able to bench 150 at 3-4 reps and 50's on the dumbell press. This doesn't make sense to me. Am I doing something wrong? My goal weight is 180-185 in a year. I'm currently 170 at 5'10.

1x1 sticky reads

you probably were eating more than you thought you were. now that you're counting you're actually eating less

SS
GOMAD

Sticky is what made me get these gains, but I'm so fucking confused because I haven't gained any weight, but I've noticed muscle mass/tone and strength.

i've been counting and confirmed eating more than i have before

also noob gains happen

you're going to get stronger no matter what, since you hadnt lifted before.

you could've been on a severe cut and your lifts would've still went up since they were basically at nothing

yeah, but the scale doesnt lie. i have dropped weight.

ok then you're eating below maintenance. science doesnt lie you faggot.

idk what the fuck you want me to tell you

If you're losing weight, gaining strength, and complaining about it, then fuck you.

I don't know user. I guess thats my answer. I'll just shovel in more calories and go to bed.

But why do you want to gain weight? who gives a fuck what the scale says if you're getting stronger and looking better?

This. Don't complain about the way you are given progress. Just take it and be thankful, and keep working.

Because my lifts are shit. I want to be 180-185 by next year and cut it down but i havent gained a single pound. Just been losing it.

Why are you eating above maintenance you need to be cutting.

But your lifts are going up. You've been lifting one month, of course you're lifts are shit but you've added at least 15lbs to your bench (from what you've said) and I'm assuming the same for squat and deadlift. Just keep lifting without the scale. Once your stop adding linearly progressive weight to your lifts, start eating a little more. Still don't check the scale though. Next time you stall? Deload and eat a little bit more again.
Seriously though, fuck the scale. Just keep working slowly towards being better and be happy with any progress made.

I'll try to ease up my confusion and just relax I guess. I do tend to just go off the scale for progress. Which is probably bad. Thanks user

Yea man. If you're goal is to get stronger than go off of gym progress for progress. If you want to get leaner than use the scale AND mirror. If you want all three then you're probably fucked.

Much success to you in your journey though!

(fuckin why are all of the "verify" pictures food? damnit)

I mean the strength gains are a plus. But I really just want to put on mass. I'll just stick to what I've been doing and see where I'm at in a few more months. But with less body dysmorphia.

My body is in the same ballpark as OP. Been doing PPL, made similar gains. For the sake of aesthetics would you brahs recommend OP continue to try and build mass and cut at a later point, or cut to his goal bf% now, and build mass after? I'm saying for aesthetics, not strength building.

Don't fall for the bulking meme

it will take a while before you notice any mass gains if you aren't using a measuring tape or something
you just started 1 month ago and building muscle takes a while

>About 300-350 more calories than usual.
calculate your TDEE and base your calories around it if you haven't already