Srsly

Okay /f/ guys, I need help. I'm a 27 year old single mom of two awesome boys. I stand 5'10 and weight about 280. I need to drop some weight and get my shit together. What'd be the best way to start? I'm thinking jogging, but is there anything that I should do to supplement it? Exercises? Diet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5nWqAusDAaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1x1 sticky reads

/Thread

Not gonna lie. That's my first post here. No idea what that means. Please don't hurt me. Haha

Cool cat.

Read the sticky, cut your calories down, jog/walk/bike/swim, lose some weight, maybe go to the gym and lift weights if you have the time with your busy schedule.

Mainly a good diet will help you lose weight

>27
>single mom

There's a post at the top of this page featuring a big picture called "READ THE FUCKING STICKY". Read that post.

At 280, I would think just walking and diet would be your best bet with an emphasis on diet. Exercising will never replace eating correctly.

Download some podcasts and try to take several short walks or one long walk (or both) a day. I usually make a monthly / weekly mileage goal and then try to meet it.

Once you've dropped some weight, then take up c25k and weightlifting.

A
L
L

D
I
E
T

READ THE STICKY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

+1 for read the sticky.

tldr yeah jog and mind your diet a bit.

"Some weight"

Hahahaha

Okay faggots. I'm on an old iPhone 4 using frickin safari. I didn't see any damn sticky because the layout sucks ass. Now that I'm aware it's there. I will read the damn sticky. Lol as for the calorie count, I will indeed do it, I don't eat much in the first place. I've heard meat is bad for weight loss. Is it?

Read the sticky then come back with questions if it's not addressed in the sticky.

> I don't eat much in the first place.
Oh boy

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
> read the sticky

>I don't eat much as it is

If you're 250+ pounds you certainly do eat too much.

Meat isn't bad for weight loss, just eat lean meats.

Again, leave the thread and read the entire sticky, it has everything you need to lose weight, the rest of Veeky Forums is for looking at hot guys and talking about bread.

>I don't eat much

Once you start tracking your calories, you'll probably be surprised by how much you eat. I was and - no offense - I wasn't nearly 280 pounds.

Meat is fine for weightloss, just focus on lean ground beef, chicken breasts, and fish.

Really, at your fitness level, chances are any effort is going to have substantial effects right off the bat, so feel free to ease into it.

>single mom

Read the sticky. Eat at a deficit and jogging should be fine. Supplemented with weightlifting better.

Keep this up and you'll have some guy proudly talking about his wife's sons in no time.

Eat as much protien powder as you weigh. Pound for pound baby CMON

>"I don't eat much in the first place"

>I don't eat much in the first place
Excuse me? Pardon?

Replace all your soda with water. ALL SODA. Even diet sodas.

Stop eating bread for 6 weeks. Then only eat wholemeal bread. ONE SLICE, not fucking 4 slices.

Stop eating pasta. NO PASTA.

Brown rice only. It's fucking delicious so shut up. NO WHITE RICE.

And try and find some friends who will go to a gym with you. You are young and you need to be going to the gym or crossfit or interval training EVERY DAY (except god's day)

DO IT BABY and I will eat your pussy until you cum harder than your baby-daddy ever did.

See, for a good couple of months, I did calorie counting, upped my exercise (oh yeah, guys I went and read the sticky), increased my exercise. I mean, me and my four year old walk for literally at least two hours a few times a week, we have regular meals that are mainly decent portions of me and potato (starchy, I know. Not the best). I literally never eat fast food. Have a vegetable garden, damn it. I refuse to eat fast food, have soda once in a blue moon and drink my coffee black. I mean. It's not like I've never tried before. But I've never found anything that showed any results. I'm a fat fuck now, and I've always been slightly big. This shit sucks. I'm here just looking for some legit advice and some real support cause I don't have shit IRL.

>mfw thinking of you hurting bby

Theeeese.... listen to heeem, lady.

Make sure you're being honest on the calorie counting - get a scale and measure your food out. Anything that goes in your mouth, even a tic tac, gets counted.

Eat steamed vegetables, cooking them in butter or oil can up the calorie content real quick.

Walk everyday, not just a few times a week. Get a fitbit if you need to. Make daily goals / weekly goals / monthly goals. When you slim down a bit, start hiking - the changes in elevation and rough terrain will burn even more calories - and jogging.

Let progress be your support and motivation. You're not going to get much here - here the deck is stacked against women and even moreso for an overweight woman.

> I don't eat much in the first place

Quit the excuses and eat less, you fucking cow.
>b-but I've tried everything
>I-l need support
This board isn't your baby daddy, kys. Slag

>I don't eat much

You are eating too much food. Period.

That is why you are not seeing any results.

Caloric intake has a much MUCH greater impact on weight gain/loss than all those other things you listed.

Listen to the user above re: water only, no fucking pasta (or any noodles for that matter; calories are fucktarded), no bread, etc...

Figure out your TDEE and eat 500 (or so) calories below it until you are happy with your weight.

This is easy and you can do it. Now go!

Your making excuses, this is why you'll fail.

Fucking count your calories. Actually count them.

And do the exercises recomended by the sticky.

I was being honest with my tracking. There wasn't a think I took in the didn't get tracked. And as for veggies, I prefer them steamed over fried. Would just eat them raw, but that's pain for me (digestive issues). We live in a hilly area, so I already do that. My calves are awesome. Haha but still no weight loss. And for every five assfaggots, there's one supporter, so. Haha goals, I suppose, will be the next addition to my attempts. That's something I didn't have the other times I've attempted.

>Expecting a 27yr old single mother to do anything other than make excuses
Dem some high apple pie in the sky hopes, user

And for the idiots trying to pound the no rice, pasta, bread into me ;) I don't eat them in the first place.

How many calories were you taking in when you tried before? And how much progress did you make?

you are an impulsive, emotional eater. I don't mean that you get upset and down a pint of ice cream, but there is a link that is perhaps more subtle. You should face what it is that got you this way in the first place or you'll continue to self-sabotage. As for concrete tips, calorie counting is not something you do for a couple of months any more than exercise does. In both cases, it eventually becomes 'easier' because it's habitual and you don't have to think about it. If you want to lose weight, count EVERY SINGLE CALORIE you put in your mouth, liquid or solid or gas. Don't eat a single M&M or a bite of your child's food without logging it. Don't do it for a day. Do it for a week and then post the results here; but probably by then you'll already see what's going on.

I responded because you read the sticky. If you can do that you're a superior human being to 99% of the noobs that come here. You can do it. Will you?

To be fair, I'm skinny as fuck and some vegetables do that to me. I once had slimy okra that...well I'll never be the same again.

This is some high quality bait user. The jimmies have been thoroughly rustled

You can eat only twinkles and lose weight. Just track your calories god your FUCKING RETARDED

Probably about 3000, I cut down to the "recommended" 2000 a day, with exercise and literally nothing. I even gained weight. Even after watching the saturated fats and shit I took in (which surprised me because even before, it wasn't much).

Get out

hahaha

Why are stupid threads like these always have a shit ton of replies?
Just ignore obvious "Read the sticky" shit

Ok, so the reason everyone is reacting sarcastically to "I don't eat much" is because:

1. calories in/calories out is law here (as it damn well should be)
2. most people who think this have no idea how much they are eating, even if they are trying to track their calories.

I am not talking down to you; in fact, this happened to me for years.

You really can't leave anything out.
You have to consider everything.
You have to know how many servings are in a container and account for that.

I kept falling into traps like not including condiments or things used for cooking. There's hella carbs in mayonnaise. Did you know that two tablespoons of olive oil contains 238 GODDAMN CALORIES? Watch what you cook, download my fitness pal, be honest with yourself, weigh often. If you do cardio, DO NOT allow yourself to overeat that day as a 'reward' or to 'make up for what you burned off'. You will outstrip what you burned every single time.

Since your new, in the future instead of posting your own thread, consider posting your question in the QTDDTOT thread ("questions that don't deserve their own thread"). You'll get yelled at less there.

Show me your titties mommy.

Kek

Did you just call me an idiot?

Come speak to us again in 5 years when you're another 5 years fuller of fail.

And to think I offered to put my mouth over your snooj.

Bread? Why bread?

All the summerfags that bit onto this bait.

Good job OP 8/10

Op here. Took my trip off
Just wanted to say thx hon. Can I have your email? Maybe you could take my son and I out for dinner and a movie. He's 18 and BLACK. You fucking cuck.
Thx for the advice bby ;*

Your TDEE at your weight/height is around 3000, so you should have been losing 2 lbs a week at 2000.

How often were you weighing yourself and how long did you keep this up for?

youtube.com/watch?v=5nWqAusDAaw

Read sticky and consult a health professional. Research into nutrition.

> i hate fun

fuck off back to

See tho, I even added in condiments with what I was eating. When I said literally everything i took in was counted, I meant literally everything. I had a really great app to help me. Watched and logged EVERYTHING. But still no results. And they can yell all they want. Ignoring them like monkeys in a zoo. ;) I'm seeing some legit people in this thread. As I've said before, I'm new to posting here, so I didn't know about that one.

That's not me but I do have a white boy and a black boy. ;) That doesn't make me a bad or weak person.

pics plz??

Well the clearly your an anomaly. I'd suggest going to your local university and consulting the head of the physics dept. because you're body clearly doesn't adhere to the laws of thermodynamics. Round of applaus; you're one in 8billion

Fuck you, you're a dick

Holy fuck this has to be bait. That's it I'm going to bed. Thanks for the show.

show us the logs you troll

>in b4 this turns out like 'more muscular Madonna'

Keep telling yourself that

>I'm a 27 year old single mom of two awesome boys.

The start of every Plenty of Fish ad in the State of Michigan.

Perkele.

Yes, yes it does

fukken kek

Seriously not bait, assholes. Being legit here. And no. I'm not from fuckin Michigan.

Go make dinner for your husband's sons, cuckqueen.

Did you just call me an assholes?

Come speak to us again in 5 years when you're another 5 years fuller of fail.

And to think I offered to put my mouth over your snooj.

>first thread
>knows what bait is

You guys still falling for this?

Hey, said I'm new to POSTING here. Not new the the goddamn internet. Lol

ok recover

but 8/10 overall. it was fun. I look forward to your future work, OP.

For fucks sake. I'm just looking for advice/help. Leave my damn jimmies out of it.

I wish I were joking. "I'm a mom of (two to five) kids and they are my awesome Universe" or some variation thereof starts every ad on PoF here.

Saatana, I wish I were in Latvia.

Hahahaha, you know. I legit had a POF account once and started it similar to that. But then I got tired of shit and deleted my account. Full of faggots just looking for poon.

First rate trolling OP. Bravo. You've mastered the self pitying, obnoxious, low class, excuse making attitude that is a single mother to "two awesome boys". If only all bait threads were this good. 10/10

>single mothers are good for anything besides fuck and chuck

Pic kind of related

Please tell me how I've self pitied, what excuses I've made, and how I've myself look class? I mean other than threading in Veeky Forums, that is..... Heh

I don't know why a young single mom can rustle your jimmies so easily. ;P So many skinnyfat dyel cucks in this thread who think they know anything about women and how their bodies change with food differently to men. This isn't a troll thread. You are all just full of fail.
m00t should bring back snacks.

avoid jogging when you 1st start out.
you're too heavy for your ankles and you'll likely quit because of the discomfort/pain
try swimming, cycling or the elliptical machine thingo

Hahahaha, a fag stole my tag. Wtf.
I've considered the ankle pain thing with the jogging. But I really just wanna jump into jogging. I mean. I'm almost always high energy, which just deepens the strange enigma that is my body. But fuck. I don't wanna hurt myself trying.

You are literally turning down every piece of advice given.

Fix your diet first and foremost. If you don't do that, no amount of exercise will matter.

women are some magical bag of mysteries when it comes to food

kys

I know, I lived there for a long time so I could appreciate what you meant. Memories of scrolling through pages of that came flooding back when you pointed out the pattern

Best advice in the thread.

>the strange enigma that is my body

No. You're not special. You're not a snowflake. You are lazy and you are lying to yourself, and the saddest thing just might be that you're completely unaware of this.
You're dodging every piece of solid advice in this thread and not answering the important questions properly.

Do you actually measure your food on a proper scale?
Can we see that that fitness app log you talked about?
etc.

Honestly I think we should just abandon the thread since you seem to be a hopeless waste of time.

I'm not saying I'm a special snowflake. I'm not dodging advice. I am attempting to answer shit. I'm actually paying attention. And no. I'm not weighing food, and that app I was using was a calorie counter, that recorded not just calories, but everything you'd find on a food label, as well as how much exercise you'd done and now many calories it suposedly burned. Is made by mynetdiary.

>not weighing food

Well. I'm out. Thanks to those that have actually given me legit advice, taking it to heart. And to those being asshats. Stay faggots. Ciao. It was fun.

get fucked

Fuck off you fat cunt, you did this to yourself

This thread was golden
Not sure if genius troll or sassy mama but 10/10

NORMIES GET THE FUCK OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

> I don't eat much in the first place

Bitch, your ass looks like 110 pounds of chewed bubblegum.

>238 calories
>2 tablespoons

Holy shit. I'm a skelly adding pounds, I gotta start drinking this stuff