Why don't people here understand T.E.F? (Thermic Effect of Food)

Why don't people here understand T.E.F? (Thermic Effect of Food)

Fats T.E.F = 2-5%
Carbs T.E.F = 15-20%
Proteins T.E.F = 25-35%

So why do you fags then go ahead and recommend high fat diets? You're literally getting fuck all TEF from a high fat diet, your body ends up absorbing most of those calories. It explains why I looked like shit on a high fat diet, compared to a low fat diet, despite being on the EXACT same calories.

Best macros for body-composition is LOW fat, MODERATE protein, and HIGH carb. So something like 40-50g fat, 150-200g fats and the rest of your calories from carbs.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specific_dynamic_action
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a low fat diet is what the american government has been recommending for 20+ years and still heart disease increases

enjoy your sugar caused inflammation which results in heart attacks

>a low fat diet is what the american government has been recommending for 20+ years and still heart disease increases

Okay, let's clear up a few things about this.

1. Nobody actually follows those guidelines

2. You're fucking RETARDED if you think people have been following a low fat diet.

3. American diet is INSANELY high in fat.

The vast majority of the calories that people eat from take-away food, eating out, junk food etc; is from fat.

I bet you also think Donuts are high carb.

Protip: Majority of calories from a donut comes from fat.

Go taunt Hitler again about how you murdered hundreds of millions more people than he did Ancel. Maybe they'll make you a prince in hell someday.

I lost 55lbs since Feb eating a high(ish) fat/high protein diet with around 20 carbs per day.

In short--works for me. Next step is hitting the weights and shittons of cardio.

>[citation needed]

Yeah you lost 55 pounds, but I guarantee your body-composition looks like absolute shit on a low carb diet as well as not lifting.

You REALLY need to start using your brain.

Murricans do not eat a diet low in fat. The Standard Burgerland Diet is very high in fat and cholesterol. Why do you think heart disease increases?

Part of the problem with heart disease beside just being a fat fuck not eating anything green or fruits is oils.

Oil here oil there whether you put it there or its processed junk look up studies on oil and artery health. Even olive oil is bad but people still think its healthy its not. OHH BUT THE WATER ITALIANS (MEDITERRANEAN) PEOPLE ARE SO HEALTHY. Yea because all the veg they eat with their olive oil helps counteract the bullshit the oil is putting them through in the first place.

The TEF is already accounted for in the calorie count. Even so, the Atwater system is garbage and I pay it little attention personally.

Carbs are better than fats for muscle growth, though. Fats, however, are great for your health. I eat .4g/lb fats from things like fish, nuts, olives, eggs, dairy etc. Lots of protein and carbs from real food.

nope.
donuts are fried but the glaze is defnitely carbs

Fats T.E.F = 2-5%
Carbs T.E.F = 15-20%
Proteins T.E.F = 25-35%

no source? ill take wikipedia over that any day:
Fats: 5-15%
Carbs: 5-15%
Protein: 20-35%

o look, its completely fucking different.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specific_dynamic_action

Tbh he'd be correct if we were talking diabetes in particular .

Additionally, low fat isn't a good thing. Just start eating better fats. Unsaturated and poly unsaturated fats.

something interesting
>"adding chilli and Medium-chain triglycerides to meals increases DIT by over 50%

So that would mean protien gets bumped up to 30-50%

Sugar is not the cause of diabeetus, saturated fat and cholesterol is.

Refined sugar is off course not healthy, and we shouldn't eat it.

>Americans
>low fat diet

I've never met anyone as retarded as you

>Sugar is not the cause of diabeetus, saturated fat and cholesterol is.

Diets high in cholesterol and saturated fat causes obesity and insulin resistance and death of insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas. Why is it so hard for you to understand this?

High fat diets are excellent for satiety. Carbs are terrible for it unless you couple it with a lot of fiber for volume.

>Sugar is not the cause of diabeetus, saturated fat and cholesterol is.

I love this meme.

>Even olive oil is bad
Source: your ass

>Additionally, low fat isn't a good thing. Just start eating better fats. Unsaturated and poly unsaturated fats.

But virtually all junk food and fast food uses unsaturated fats because they're cheaper. Clearly that hasn't helped matters.

Saturated fat impairs beta cell function, why can't you get that medical fact inside your thick head.

Hurr durr its carbs that causes diabetes!

every diet is bad except paleo, get that through your thick meatheads.

“Serial angiograms of people’s heart arteries show that all three types of fat—saturated (animal) fat, monounsaturated (olive oil), and polyunsaturated (omega-3 and -6 oils)—were associated with significant increases in new atherosclerotic lesions over one year of study. Only by decreasing the entire fat intake, including poly- and monounsaturated-oils, did the lesions stop growing.” John McDougall, MD

“[A] study that looked at olive oils’ effect on blood flow showed that a single meal with olive oil caused increased vessel spasm and decreased blood flow compared to control meals. Specifically, this study showed that when test subjects were fed the olive oil meal, their major blood vessels had a 31% decrease in blood flow compared to the control.” Matthew Lederman, MD and Alona Pulde, MD

nice cherry picked opinion

Muricans never ate a diet low in fat, but before 1899 it wasn't a problem. Now it is, because these fats are edible vegetable oils.

Never mind. Please consume half a gallon of oil per day. It's good for you!

>John McDougall
Immediately disregarded, won't even double check his claims. Are you serious?

Will take a look at the second one when I get home. Although I'm pretty sure I will find something wrong with the setup of the research or the way the conclusions drawn.

Olive oil is healthy by default. It's like trying to claim water is unhealthy

LOL

ok

:)

>Best macros for body-composition is LOW fat, MODERATE protein, and HIGH carb

I agree with you that people shouldn't be eating a lot of fat, but that's just wrong.

Why on Earth do you think high carbs is good for cutting? Why do you think that's going to help you more than high fat when they both get stored as fat?

Post study showing saturated fats and cholesterol cause diabetes. I don't care for your half informed hypothesis.

“There is a fairly recent study done on the Isle of Crete, where the original famous Mediterranean diet of the 1960′s came from. They looked at 304 patients In Crete, 152 patients with heart disease vs 152 without heart disease. The patients with heart disease had significantly higher daily intakes of monounsaturated fats (Olive Oil). The patients without heart disease had higher intakes of carbohydrates, fiber, folate & omega 3’s. The more mono unsaturated fat (olive oil) consumed, the more heart disease.” Jeff Novick, MS, RD

“While olive oil contains a great deal of monounsaturated fat, which has little or no effect on cholesterol, it also contains saturated fat (about 13 percent), the kind that increases cholesterol and worsens insulin resistance.” Neal Barnard, MD

> Neal Barnard

umm are you literally trolling at this point?

He thinks olive oil is unhealthy, of course he's trolling