FIRST TIME SUMO DEADLIFTING TODAY

FIRST TIME SUMO DEADLIFTING TODAY

PULLED 100LBS MORE THAN WHAT I DO ON CONVENTIONAL

AND IT FELT EASIER

LOL

IM GOING FULL SUMO, FUCKING CONVENTIONALS, THEY FEEL SO MUCH BETTER

I'm only 6'0.5, but my femurs are long as fuck. I'm literally like all legs.

I used conventional up until i got close to 290 x 5 and switched to sumo. It works so much better for my geometry and is ultimately safer. Ive never looked back 2bh

Good for you, it seems that your body is better for sumo.

>conventional DL for years
>always struggle with it
>sumo DL once
>already feel like ive been doing it my whole life

and this is why I sumo

Does anyone else get a sharp burning feeling in their lower right abdomen when lifting sumo?

I only get it when going over 120 kg, I'm not sure if it's a hernia or not.

sumo is very hip dominant

you might need to do some warmup with hips before DLing

Sumo isn't meant exclusevely for tall people, in fact if you look into IPF statistics you see that the majority of heavier lifters, those over 100kg, who are also taller lifters use conventional and most of the lighter (shorter) lifters use sumo.

>gym friend swaps to sumo and deadlift goes from 675 to 755
>I swap to sumo and deadlift goes from 640 to 550

I was expecting this shit to be easier, guess I'm built for conventional4life.

>struggle around 130 kg conv. DL for around 3-4-5 reps. Lucky to get 6.
>stall at 135 kg for 4 conv.
>decide to finally pull sumo.
>pull 135 kg for 6 like I've been training the movement all my life
>bar flew off the floor, lockout easy as shit

I will never leave the dark side.

>see thread about how much easier sumo makes things
>try it with my regular 1x5 weight
>can't even get 2 reps

Wtf

Weight classes are also effectively height classes. A 181 5'7 Manlet is going g to be stronger than a 181 6'5 lanklet.

For most people, there's a big technique aspect to sumo (there's still technique to conventional but its a fucking caveman lift compared to sumo). Even those who are built for it usually take a bit of time to go past their conventional deadlift.

But its definitely not advantageous for everyone.

Yeah it's definitely way more technical.

I tried it for 3 months and it just never got any better.

The cool thing is when I swapped back to conventional I was stronger with that movement. I guess at the end of the day they're both hip extension.

Long femur manlet here, just switched to sumo too around 280 conventional.
When pulling conventional my torso is basically horizontal, it was getting difficult to progress when it shouldn't have.

Its kind of ridiculous, but I know at least one lifter who pulls conventional in a meet even though his sumo PRs are actually better. Why? His conventional numbers are reliable, his sumo numbers aren't due to the technique requirements and being generally wrecked by the end of a meet.

Course, I can't pull sumo worth a damn at all. Barely able to get into the start position let alone make it work.

I think sumo is better suited for those with strong ass quads. Gonna help at lot with the initial push off the floor. Conventional is more posterioer chain dominant.

>tfw weak back and big ass quads like Josh Tukua

Sumo deadlifts are for faggots who blindly follow memes

Here's your reply

Yes, but its IPF statistics, there are no lanklets there, if a dude is 6'5 and he's in IPF, he'll probably be in 145kg.

>Numbers matter
Keep jelqing that e-penor

I can squat more than I can pull sumo, but yeah I'm way more back and ass than I am quads. Just feels impossible to get the thing moving off the floor.

>he fell for the 'sumo is a meme' meme

Congrats. You discovered cheating.

Did you also feel like this when you first discovered low bar squatting and that you can arch your back when bench pressing?

I've JUST now gotten the conventional technique down. Very narrow. Inspired in part by how Simon of Massthetics lifts. It works for me and I'm able to lift extremely heavy with little form breakdown. I don't even feel any lower back pain anymore kek.

Sure I could switch to sumo and hit bigger numbers, but I'm not a powerlifter. I just want to be stronger.

>he thinks sumo is not meme

Sumo deadlifts if done properly should put emphasis on the hamstrings and glutes more than on the quads. The external rotation of the hip alows for the extensor of the hip to work through a greater range and more. The quads will still be worked but not as mutch.

Proving my point, there will be no tall lifters at lower weight classes

They feel better because they're easier.

Isn't sumo better for general strength?

If you've gonna lift something, or someone, up from the floor that's not a conveniently shaped barbell, wouldn't you assume a wide stance to use as much muscle and put your body in the most advantageous position possible?

If my 1RM is 130 kilos conventional double overhand, if I switch to mixed grip sumo, will I finally hit three plates (140 kilos)?

what do you mean? Lifting weight 2 inches off the ground is easier than a real life? this whole thread is meme.

So what was your poit? My initial post was that taller lifters are statistically better with conventional contrary to fit's belief.

Sumo is better for legs. Standard diddy is better for back (and maybe hams).