Cutting/Fatty Thread

Who here exiting fat mode?
>245 down to 215 pounds
Lifted for 8 months at the gym (used to lift at home on and off so I already had a 'base'. I find cutting when lifting is much slower so I'm going to just do daily cardio till I cut down to about 175.

nice job!

I'm down from 153kg to 98, about 16-18% fat
cant wait to remove the loose skin tho

70% bf to? still 5kg or so to go.

>from 110kg to 85kg in 4 months or so
easy as fuck tbqh

Is this for real? If so nice job broski

sure is.

Thanks.

exiting fat mode reporting

im officially in "a little chubby"-ville

skinny mode here i come

Was a fatty not too long ago. Still wanting to get much leaner, but this is me currently.

>Previously:
>5'11" / 245 lbs / 28 yr
>BF = Probably 25-30% or more

>Now:
>5'11" / 212 lbs / 30 yr
>BF = 16-18%? idk...

wow well done
did you loose skin removed? how was it?

nah not removed. It's only like 2 inches of really thin skin because most people who say they have loose skin have flab that isn't holding very well and looks like beaten jelly.

Sweet Cheesus. Probably most impressive shit ive seen here in a longass while

Dayyyuuumn

yeah that's what I have
lucky you

nah you just need to keep losing more weight and gaining more mass.

Thanks bro!

Oh shit, what did you?

fucking congrats, mirin. time routine diet?

You're probably like 12-13% BF bro. Good fucking work.

300 down to 263 in 2 months.

Who fuckin' knew that counting macros and moving heavy things around would make this so easy?

Any tips?
Was it just the ol' Calories in calories out?

5 years on and off, could've done it in 2 if I knew what I know now. High protein, high as possible, 60%. 2500-3k calories. High volume routine - volume, intensity and rom is key, balance these and you'll succeed.

shit man, I guess you did bodyrecomp?
Be fucking proud, you have balls.

thanks. I kept the focus of getting as strong as possible throughout. The thing I learnt is you can put on amazing size, even when you eat only a little, as long as there's decent protein. Can't say the same for strength though. Wish my numbers were higher.

Folks in this thread are indeed doing a fine job and I hope to make good progress in coming months myself.

I do have a question based on the OP though; do people ever lift as cardio? Like I know it wouldn't do too much for strength in the long run but what if I push myself with shorter breaks between lifts or lighter weights or a combination thereof (I'm sure I could do that for longer than I could jump rope or something)?

I go for walks but that's about it. I would say do 2-4 drop off sets of about 60% of your max for 5 after each lift.

1 year cutting progress. Glad I went slow didn't end up up with a lot ot loose skin but its there. Patience/Discipline is key.

you look great

awesome m8

That's pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking too. Once my muscles are a bit tired, that sort of thing really gets my heart rate up.

My wife seems to think that lifting can't be anything like cardio but you anonymous, are saying otherwise.

im down from 98kg to 88kg at 5'11 and i see no difference i feel the same and still look fat as shit.(i know i still am) what weight should i be aiming for?

>be 300
>realize i'm fat
>start diet and exercise
>1 yr later
>200 pounds
>be happy with body
>stop working out
>start getting bad eating habits again
>3 years later 250 pounds
>last month
>realize i'm fat again
>diet and exercise
>already down over 10 pounds in first month

Stalling at 3 and a half pull ups, though. I'm only working out at home.

well the whole idea for lifting is to be able to lift more weight and volume, and the increase results in strength. More damage and thus recovery, as well as positive adaptations are a product of more volume, plus the little bit of direct mechanical calories burnt doing the lift. The overall benefit though comes from having more mass and burning more calories. I've lost 70kilograms, and can put away 3500 cals and not gain weight.

Hearing that is actualy a relief, I'm permacutting and I thought that I'll end up with a tonn of loose skin. Great job.

well done m8

it really is nothing. It's funny and sad how some fatties don't even want to try lose weight because of the few inches of loose skin around their pelvis.

Thanks. That's a better explanation than what I was thinking - which was that I could burn a good amount of calories during the lifts itself, but as you've explained it's the muscles that develop that require those calories.

What was the general outline of your diet?

see

Yep, take your wife for walks and abandon cardio. I've never done it. Literally a handful of times in five years and lost 70kg.

>tfw 84 kg 171 cm

Is it possible to lose 10 kgs for 2 months without getting loose skin and a lot of lost muscle?

Hi I don't know what your goals are, but for me it was to reach age 27 alive. Believe it or not I started at 500lbs. I'm 312lbs right now, at my lowest I was 224lbs. I am about to get back to the fit lfestyle, went through a bout of depression for a bit. Lost the last person in my family that mattered to me along with my mind. Few tips for those who are thinking of trying to lose weight. Water lots of water. After a while sodas will start to taste like sludge. If you don't like it try green tea and honey. Cardio I suggest the couch to 5k, at my heaviest I would just try to make it further down my own street. f you can do weightlifting. Eat whatever just watch your calore intake, keep in mind that the healthier you eat the better you'll feel. When you cook healthy food make a lot and save it for later. Instead of snacking on garbage. If you have treats bury them behind healthy foods. Keep portions small, your stomach will shrink making it easier to fill your belly within a week. That's why juice fasts can help, but don't rely on that for long. Find nature trails, play games that require movement etc. Also don't go crazy with it you'll lose between 1-3lbs per week anymore and you risk flabby skin. Progress not perfection. Oh and when you cheat don't beat yourelf up about it. Just try to keep on point 70%, 60% of the time you'll do fine. You'll be unrecognizable in about a year or so, then start going to Veeky Forums and reinvent yourself, something classy. set short term long term and longer term goal. This is more of a brief gist of weightloss, but these guidelines work for me.

>lowest 224 pounds
>trying to get back to the fit lifestyle