What kind of guy was Chopin like Veeky Forums? I get a sensitive, misunderstood, maybe frustraded, even...

What kind of guy was Chopin like Veeky Forums? I get a sensitive, misunderstood, maybe frustraded, even, kind of vibe from his nocturnes. Is this accurate at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

houstonpress.com/music/the-wacky-adventures-of-frederic-chopins-heart-6508860
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>have to live on emigration because your country is occupied by people who hate you
>russians are so butthurt about you that they throw the piano you used during concert through the window
no shit he was frustrated

Passionate, intensely patriotic, and at once expressive and very private. He didn't want to overtly cite inspiration for many of his pieces, and he ordered works he deemed unworthy of performance to be destroyed upon his death.

what were the russians so butthurt about, if you dont mind?

>he ordered works he deemed unworthy of performance to be destroyed upon his death.

i can definitely relate to that, so thats pretty cool

Thankfully his heirs didn't obey his wish to burn those pieces. Works that would have been destroyed include the Fantasie-Impromptu and the famous nocturne in c sharp minor.

thankfully indeed. 2 pieces i very much enjoy

wasnt nocturne in c sharp minor dedicated to his sister? did she know about this? if so did she find out before or after his death? can someone direct me to where i can learn this on my own with some references if im being annoying?

Chopin was an ardent Polish nationalist who had to watch his beloved homeland get repeatedly crushed by Russia.

He also happened to be the absolute best piano composer of all time and a genius performer who lived in the shadow of the illness which killed him his whole adult life.

He was apparently sensitive, formal, and prone to depression, which only abated during his baffling and hilarious relationship with Georges Sand.

>He also happened to be the absolute best piano composer of all time
please. explain why you even think thats remotely true

I'm pretty sure that's a subjective opinion, user

I don't know if he dedicated it. It was written in 1830. His older sister was one of the few people who spoke with him on his deathbed though. I know that.
houstonpress.com/music/the-wacky-adventures-of-frederic-chopins-heart-6508860

Chopin and Marie Curie(born in Russia) were French not Polish.

Chopin was Polish, born in Poland to a Polish mother and a French father. He spoke Polish and lived among a community of Poles in Paris.

>Polish mother and a French father
Not polish then. His father was french. Polacks can't do anything right.

>his body is in France
>while his heart is in Poland
Awwww

He lived in Poland until his early adulthood. He was Polish.

Can anyone tell me who George Sand is and what her significance to Chopin was?

HE FUCKED HER, HE PUT BENIS IN ANUS(since she was French I assume she liked anal) :DDDD

kek

You don't have to write "subjective". All opinions are subjective.

>the famous nocturne in c sharp minor.
late to the party, but why is this nocturne more famous than, say, nocturne opus 48 #1, if thats not an opinion of some sort?