QTDDTOT

Last one hitting 300+

My question is: is it worth taking whey protein if all I do are bodyweight excersises and running. I do both daily and I'm increasing reps constanly. I did get a good offer on some protein and I drink around 30g after each workout but just curious if it helps at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oi7uzVZVEkg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your calves will be good looking if you take protein.

I'm going to the beach tomorrow, should I do abs tonight or tomorrow morning for then to look best while I'm there?

Do you wear squatting shoes with a heel for bench?

Unless you actually have

I lift with dumbbells only at home as I can't afford the gym (£40 a month) and am doing db squats. I'm ok up to around 55kg or so, any more than that and my grip begins to fail me around the 5-6 rep mark (am doing sets of 8 since I'm using dumbbells)
Should I incorporate static holds at the end of my workout?

Just fucking eat food. If you hit your protein goal, don't if not, just drink till you do

Drink lots of water now and dont't drink water after you wake up. Will help look a little bit more dry

Can help to get a better arch. If you need to have heels on the ground, a helled shoe can improve your arch. Since you are asking, you don't need to. And since you have to ask, you are at a level where it doesn't really matter.

Yes.
And do rows. Then after that, more rows.

I'm afraid of cutting because I don't want to become skinny
how do I avoid just becoming a skeleton?

Cut down to a bf% you're comfortable with then do a slow bulk, cut repeat. Use calipers if need be

I've heard that we should avoid drinking water during our meals, because it dilutes gastric acid and interferes with our digestion. Is any of this true?

Food also dilutes gastric acid. Should you not eat?

Water is a solvent. It helps with digestion.

I lift 6-7days a week alternating upper and lower days am I really hurting my gains that much it's been about 4 months n I've made solid progress but want to know if I can do better so I've been considering changing it to 4 days a week of lifting as literally everyone seems to suggest that it's better for building muscle. Also I'm literally like never sore probably because I'm 19 so my body recovers quickly idk if that changes anything. Is switching to 4 days a week gonna make me see much better gains. Also should I start throwing in reloading periods?

I also enjoy lifting everyday so what can i do on rest days I don't mind running but really prefer lifting so is there other excercizing that I could do on my rest days. Or maybe a way to schedule my lifting so I'm. Or loosing gains by lifting everyday

No, but I don't give a shit about arching to shorten my range of motion because I'm not pretending I'm doing a competition lift or trying to turn my flat bench into a decline bench.

Sounds like bullshit to me b/c water epecially warm helps with digestion i don't know about the science really but i really doubt it has a noticeable impact if any at all

Been dieting and lifting for the last 10 months now. Dropped from 292 to 216, all my lifts are up but I'm still novice in that regard.

At the gym today I decided to check my body weight with the plastic caliper thing but I don't think I did it right unless I have a load of loose skin.

That said, what would you estimate my BF % to be? I'd reckon 25% but the calipers said 21, may have been closer to 22.

You're young and a noob. It's fine. Just be sure to eat enough. And switch to an intermediate/advanced program when you stall.

25-30% is about right.

For SS, do I position the bar high or low (on delts) for squats? I couldn't find it in the sticky.

If my cut ranges from -1000 to -500 is that sustainable? I'm doing ok right now. If I cut too hard the day before i'll make sure to get closer to -500 the next day but on IF and EC I dont really have the hunger to get to -500

definitely in the high 20s

a 1000 calorie deficit isn't uncommon. Yes it's sustainable.

Low. Just below the spine of the scapula. Read the book. It answers that question and much much more.

Much appreciated, chums.

Is it a good idea to bulk on ramen noodles? I'm poor and it's all I have

macros are garbage. I mean, you can fit in a pack a day, sure, but it's just salt and 400 calories with of empty carbs.

Better than nothing. Get some protein, though. Eggs and cheap canned tuna are fine. 1.7g protein per kg of lean mass is plenty. And have a few vegetables once in a while.

Thanks.

I can only afford a shitty community rec center where you're not allowed to bench.

They have a sitting "chest press" machine instead. The motions seem to be the same as if I were benching, with the weight trying to come back towards you.

I'm doing 140 pounds 3 x 10(LSTF). How close would this be to an actual bench lift?

I'd be surprised if you could do 1plate.

One plate would be 135?

Is there any calisthenics routine or something that doesn't require a gym for women?

How do I not twat my chin with the bar when doing OHP?

move your head back

Yoga.

Im a beginner doing a a full body workout monday wednesday and friday. What diet should I eat?

So giys, I need your help

I've been lifting for a half year and I went from 60kg to 64 kg(not pure muscle).
However I would like to get gains faster. My question would be: should I buy protein powder and what kind.

I didt find any information about it in the sticky.

Pic related, is me.

I've read the sticky and i'm going to do starting strength. However, I'm wondering whether it matters if i add on weighted pullups to the routine. It's my strongest lift atm since I've done them on a home pullup bar for awhile. Will it effect my progress negatively? Should I follow the routine exactly and wait until my other lifts are up to par?

one high in protein and either low or high in calories depending on your goals.

if you want to make gains faster, do an actual strength program like SS and eat a lot. Protein powder won't make it faster or slower, it's just a meal. If you're bulking, you don't really need protein powder because you should be able to get in all the protein you need on a surplus diet. Powders just make it easier to hit your protein goals.

can't go wrong with on gold standard double rich chocolate.

1.2-1.7 g protein per kg lean mass. Kcals appropriate to goal.

when you switch to a 3, 4, or 5 day split you can do abs, chins/pullups on your off days if you feel the need to workout. i also like to do wrist and calve work if i didnt do them on my lifting days.

there are already chins in the routine, so you can do weighted chins.

do pull ups at the end of the workout

the program lifts take priority. Do those first and then do the pull ups on alternating work outs. SS is open to auxiliary and accessory exercises

1.2-1.7 g protein per kg lean mass + kcals

you probably don't need protein powder

this "meme" is pretty much in line with what the current research supports.

Thanks.
I'm thinking about paying a personal trainer for an hour. I can't really lose anything, right?

That's why we have digestive enzymes famalam.

don't. Most personal trainers aren't qualified to train anyone. The sticky has all you need.

You can lose money. I'm sure a gym bro will be willing to give you tips if you ask nicely when he's resting.

most PTs don't know shit, and if they do know anything it's usually broscience. it's very rare that you find a PT that can teach you good form on the main compounds. most can't even do it themselves.

don't hire a PT unless you've already verified that the guy knows his shit.

Oh, okay.
So should I do SS and eat good?

Thanks for the help btw.

What is the technical term for burning body fat other than ketosis? In other words, if you're not doing keto, just eating at a normal caloric deficit, what is your body actually doing?

It would SEEM like, by definition, if your body is out of calories from food, then it's also obviously out of carbs as well and thus you're still just basically going through short periods of ketosis. People keep saying "no, that's not what's happening" but they can't explain what IS happening.

That's what works for me. Up 30 pounds since March.

Recently I caught on to the trick of using pepper to make things more palatable without dredging them in salt or fat. Are there any significant health risks or benefits to eating spicy food and black or red pepper in particular on a regular basis?

youtube.com/watch?v=Oi7uzVZVEkg
didn't bother watching it but report back if it answered your questions

Tell me Veeky Forums. Were you just memeing me the whole time? Is it really manly to have big glutes? I feel insecure about my glutes even even though they're toned.

Chicks love when a pair of jeans don't droop off your ass.

i'm around 88kg, 184cm and 24 years old
My diet has me eating 3000calories a day; is that good for a clean bulk? I train 4 times a week

my penis curves left... what do?

Fuck women with them laying on their right, curve smashes g-spot.

Source: 7" curved master race.

sure

jerk off to the right

No. Irl they don't. This is just internet lore. It's better when they don't notice it

Is EPOC real and a substantial part of weight loss in cardio?

Is there some ratio for calorie burned during cardio and calories burned in recovery

Well, since I got glutes, I've been groped at clubs on multiple occasions (but if I do that to a woman, it's rape). That never happened before.

Venting:

Is it really worth "putting yourself out there" only to get your heart broken over and over. I don't know if i'm more emotional than others, but having had my heart broken once it's something I never want to go through again and i'm contemplating whether I'd be happier just living the rest of my life alone?

Some people say there's more fish in the tank or that it's just a numbers game, but I can't see how anyone could be willing to go through such pain. I just feel like I don't ever want to get close to another person again.

just kill yourself now my dude.

keep going nigga, good progress

yes

your stabilizers are not getting worked with the press machine. Use dumbbells if anything else.

Hahahahahaha

The human race is literally doomed if we all just quit.

autism

Okay, thanks. I do do dumbell flies (recent addition) and have noticed I wobble.

b-but im a virgin.. :/

Probably not. If u stick with traditional seasonings like black pepper red pepper n Asian n Indian shit like turmeric ginger etc. these all for the most part have many health benefits with few draw backs. The whole ulcer thing from spicy food is not true, however to much spice depending on the individual can cause digestion problems such as ibs, but I doubt adding black pepper to food is enough to bring up anything like this. You should be fine don't go over board but if all ur food basically has some pepper nothing is gonna happen

Hahahahahaha

>Is EPOC real and a substantial part of weight loss
It is. But it's hard to quantify. Basically the higher the intensity, the more of an afterburn you can expect. Oftentimes you'll actually be able to feel that you're warmer for a long time after training.

How in the fuck do you peel a hardboiled egg without standing there for 20 minutes picking at little shell pieces?

I've tried every method found through google.

Use older eggs for starters. Fresh eggs are hard to peel. Roll the egg on the edge of a counter, crushing the shell all the way around its circumference. Get under the "skin" and it should pull the shell halves away.

Additionally, vinegar in the water helps free the shell from the membrane.

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums should make more of themselves

So, since I moved town I also had to find another gym. My problem:
>THE ONLY GYM IN TOWN HAS NO PROPER SQUAT RACK

Where the fuck cand I squat and do OHP when the closest thing to a rack that the gym has to offer are the exhibits in pic related?

>A
a retarded gliding smith machine

>B
a "sort of" rack with no safeties

And all I wanted was to git stronk.

b is a literal squat rack.

For some days I've been having a constant and dull pain mostly in my lest testicle, but it also alternates with my left thigh and sometimes my knee. Nothing too intense or any lumps though.
Anyone know what it might be? I've been lifting for some months now.

No it isn't you goddamn fucking idiot.

so what's this then?

deadlifts always give me soreness in the lumbar region. not in the muscles it feels like the spine.

it's not horribly painful but if i had to perform an activity that required holding my spine in a more than 90 degree bent angle such as putting together furniture or some dumb shit, it would probably aggravate it and cause bad pain.

i swear i've done everything to correct my form. i've studied ss, stronglifts, watched videos by rippetoe and thrall, recorded myself, nothing fucking works. i feel good while lifting, i feel like i look good but the next day the lumbar soreness is back and sometimes it takes a few days to go away.

is their some secret form cue i may have overlooked?

is there some secret form hint that i may have overlooked?

i swear i didn't type the second sentence at the end...

You might have scoliosis/lordosis/ some other deviation in your spine.

Now off to the chiropractor with you.

i went to one a few months ago. they never said anything about it. afaik no to both.

>is their some secret form cue i may have overlooked?
Do you know how to hip-hinge?
Do you know how to use your lats to keep your back flat?

my back is totally flat. if you mean at lockout, my hip naturally hinges. i'm not even lifting very heavy. i want to progress but the lumbar issues stops me. i only pulled 305, then back down to 275 and i can't even pull that without soreness the following day. again i feel great, feel like i look great in form but then the next day, no.

Do you sit "hunched over" during the evening/days after?

i actually completely changed my lifestyle a year ago so i'm never sitting hunched over at any point. i've never had any kind of low back issue in my life until i started deadlifting.

i also should add i have long legs and probably medium torso and arms.

i've tried lowering my hips at the start and that helps but then my knees get aggravated.

So I'll take that as a no and a no. Seriously, look those two things up and it'll improve your deadlift heaps.

pls respond :c

Both in option B. You'll just have to learn to leave one in the tank while squatting so you don't fail and kill yourself.
You don't need safeties while OHPing anyway.

my back stays perfectly flat during the hip hinge movement

all my muscles are engaged, including the lats, i can see then flare out as i begin the lift

i don't see your point.

I just didn't want to be "that guy who ohp's in the rack". Thanks famalam.

You can also just go to wherever people deadlift in your gym and clean the weight up to OHP. I do that sometimes if the racks are taken and i don't feel like waiting.

Maybe you should try joining the dark side (sumo)?

Can someone give me the YouTube link to based julius in that Australian talk show about body acceptance. And also that German talk show with the bodybuilder talking shit about the fat feminist that claimed she was an Olympic swimmer