Be me

>be me
>age 9
>parents divorce. My mom starts eating shitty food
>live with her and eat the same food. Get get as fuck
>be me now. Losing weight super slowly
>lowest weight since middle school now
>summer comes
>eat five eggs. Four plates of Chinese. A bottle of whiskey. A bottle of wine over 3 days
>rapidly lose weight the following days
Why do I lose weight when I eat more. I usually eat under 900 calories a day and struggle to lose weight

>>eat five eggs. Four plates of Chinese. A bottle of whiskey. A bottle of wine over 3 days
this is a vague value of calories, doesn't really sound like much for 3 days
And if you usually eat under 900 calories a day, you'd be knocking on death's door.

Well that's in addition to my normal meals. And I do eat about 900 a day is this why I can't lose weight?

>I usually eat under 900 calories a day and struggle to lose weight
No, you don't.

I often find this to be the case with me too. When I'm tracking calories, I don't lose weight. When I'm not, I do, even when I eat like shit.

I think it's that being aware of my caloric intake causes me to eat more. I see I have 300 calories left for the day, so I have a big snack, even if I'm not that hungry.

But when I'm eating fast food, I eat until I'm no longer hungry, throw the rest away and then often won't eat for the rest of the day because I'm just not hungry anymore. I don't even think about the calories, and so I wind up eating very little even though what I ate was a calorie bomb.

I think the best thing to do is a mix of the two. Try to eat healthy while not stressing yourself out about it.

Right now I only track food to make better choices for the macros, I try not to even look at the calories.

900 cals a day is starvation. You're actually burning fewer calories a day at 900 a day than if you eat 1500-1700 like you should be.

>be OP
>blame parents for becoming a fatfuck
>thinks he is someday going to make it
kys faggot

Here's a tip from someone who's already lost almost 15 lbs in under 2 months from calorie counting and exercise: having excess isn't an excuse to eat in excess.

My calorie intake allowance for a day is 2250. I can eat UP TO that much and still lose 2 lbs a week. This is not an okay to ALWAYS eat that much. If you have 500 calories left over at the end of a day, and aren't hungry, don't eat. You aren't going to die by not eating that if you've consumed the healthy amount already (about 1700 for men).

>kys
Confirmed 18 years old at the most

I think I am starving myself. For 4+ years as I child I would wake up. Eat pop tarts. Go to school. Not eat or drink water until I got home at 3. Eat dinner. Sleep. It was really bad. I'm used to being super starved I wouldn't say I have an eating disorder tho

it's not bad, but it's not good either.

No, you have a bigger deficit at 900 and will lose more weight, even though it's not very healthy. Your logic is retarded

No it's not. Actually learn the physiology of the body. At a certain point, your body goes into a starvation mode and slows metabolism, meaning it burns calories at a MUCH slower rate than normal. You will lose weight more slowly if you starve yourself than if you eat more and move more.

>eat more to lose more weight!

Reminds me of those titles on health magazines

He doesn't mean 3000 kcals over your TDEE like those same magazines say

Eating the amount your body needs to function WILL make you lose more weight.

water retention boi

but wouldnt the sodium in the Chinese food make me retain water not lose water? Its been days since the binge so its not water weight lost from alcohol consumption, im hydrated. I only included the alcohol part because i know alcohol is carb-loaded

losing water weight doesnt mean dehydration
stress causes you to hold onto water (and dieting is a stressor)
as well, alcohol does some hormonal stuff or something that causes you to lose a lot water weight the next day (even if you are hydrated)

as well, sodium only makes you retain water if you eat very little sodium in the first place

interesting. I've been on a two week drinking binge and noticed my chest hair has been growing quicker than it used to. Maybe if i drink enough ill get skinny and hairy

Single mothers are the biggest plague this world has ever known

Yeah. I had McDonald's everyday with mine when I was in grade school
Still recovering

this