R
E
S
S

Try DB press

>these people unironically consider themself learned enough to give advice
Wow.

Damn Jason Genova's body looks great on girls

are there any bars in your gym for curling? those ones that are smaller than a normal barbell and are 25 pounds

higher reps with the bar you can lift

Running into the same issue there. I looked into magnetic microweights but I can't seem to find any

Depends on which location I go to. Most only have EZ curl bars.

Post master's degree in getting jacked or shut the fuck up

That's what I'm doing now. Sigh.

Guess I'll keep at it.

wtf is wrong with suggesting DB press?

do you even front delt

do dumbbell presses. Making progress on your shoulders takes time. If you lift weights that are too much for you all you going to get is squeaky noises and injuries and no concrete progress.

what do you mean sigh? it's a good method

it sounds like you have a fixed weight bar you can lift. there are plenty of ways to attach some extra weight to a bar. for example you can get chains, cut them in 0.5 or 1lbs increments and either use rubber bands or some kind of locking mechanism and attach them to the fixed weight bar you're lifting. it's not a terribly difficult engineering problem you're trying to solve.

if you think you can solely make progress with OHP with the bar you are a idiot. You need isolation dumbell presses for reps, curls, flys, skullcrushers etc.

It just doesn't feel like progress in the same way.

100% bullshit

lmao

This makes me miss my old gym :(

Do you only have a 45lb bar? Or are there those little fixed-weight barbells that go from 20lbs-120lbs? You could use a 30lb barbell off that rack.

Really though I've never taught a grill how to press with less than the bar once they had it explained to them and major form issues were resolved. The only way to get it fixed is video. You're probably not too weak to lift the bar.

Buy a 15lb Walmart 1" bar and some 2.5-25lb plates and start OHP with that at home until you get the hang of it and can do 45lbs.

I use the 30 lb bar, doing 4x10 now. Tried 40 the other day and couldn't even do 3x5.

I'll probably do this. That way I can bang out some reps whenever.

You could have had a better day form or more energy/alertness when you were doing the 30. Again, it's probably not the weight but the form.

t. normie fag lifter.

Lol idiot

I bet she could fuck your dick off

Time under tension. That is, do slower reps with the lower weight.

5×5 every 48 hours unless if you're into crossfit
In which case nandrolone lmao

OP's complaining about weight going up in ten pound increments. How would a DB be of any help.

I'll rewatch some videos and try again tonight.

It does feel...wrong...in my lower back sometimes but I'm not lifting heavy enough to feel pain.

Thanks.

this

There's absolutely no reason to be so rectumragnarocked. It's clear that you look like shit and aren't even remotely string. Just accept your failures and move on.

You should be able to get 2.5 lbs plates for 5lbs steps easily. 1.25 lbs fractional plates exist but it can be cheaper make your own. You can use fishing sinkers on a line if you want. I stuffed socks with pennies that I weighed on a food scale.

what can i do to get a crossfit girl like her to sit on my face and lemme eat her sweaty ass after her workout brehs ?

Oh you can't even lift the bar. Try a standard bar. Those are like 15lbs.

lol keep thinking your to make it with your built fat lifting routines only. Your that kid you see in commercial gyms that fat as fuck that think hes the shit going slow pace on treadmill.

>mfw I do in fact lift

if she's struggling on the 30 pound BB she can do the 12.5 DBs, or is basic math too hard

I might try this chain method at home if I get a light bar like someone else suggested.

I'm either too autist or not autist enough to bring a sack of chains with me to the gym. You can figure out which.

Be attractive

I'm not struggling with 30 lb. I need to increase from 30 lb. Gym doesn't have 17.5 lbs dbs though.

>checked

I would still suggest DB press. Alternate a bit. If your goal is simply more weight on OHP just keep pressing, DB, BB, machine, whatever. But nice rounded delts are more easily achieved via raises. Hard to tell what a grill wants though, even you girls don't know what you want.

OHP is a hard lift though, easily the hardest of the big 4. FWIW my OHP is still only a few pounds over 1pl8 despite me almost reaching 3/4/5 on the other three lifts.

Good luck, maintain good form, eat more and don't cheat yourself. It will come.

>FWIW

mirin

It doesn't, but it is still progress. Last summer I could barely do one pull up. A year later I can do about 14. It takes time and work but you're getting stronger.

Sweet lord, I want to ram my face between her cheeks.

>dumbbells are better for building strength than a barbell
>dumbbells have easier progression than 10 pound increments
>pressing is for your front shoulder, not all three heads of the shoulder

literally three strikes in one post.

i would ask if you even lift, if it weren't so painfully obvious that you do not

i press 140 pounds for reps, and you are 100000000% wrong.

press is all you need. push press is the only lift that would help... so far i have yet to require it to progress on ohp... i will switch as soon as my ohp progression stalls, as symmetricstrength says my push press is my weakest lift, even though ohp is my strongest.

no... more reps is not developing more strength..

if you can rep it 3 times, you have all the strength to lift it, training more reps only trains strength endurance... which doesn't make you stronger... it makes you have more strength endurance.

2-5 reps for strength training.

the further away from that, the less strength response you are getting.

(it's not)

Try harder.

>curls and flyes help with ohp
what the fuck??!

i know this is summer.... i just don't understand how anyone can literally think something as stupid as this.

>dumbbells are better for building strength than a barbell
they help with symmetry. They can help you fix form issues or increase ROM. They are not better for building strength, but I did not suggest that with my post.

>dumbbells have easier progression than 10 pound increments
They literally do. Two 17.5 DBs = 35 lbs. Math is hard though, I get it.

>pressing is for your front shoulder, not all three heads of the shoulder
Pressing only works front delt as far as your shoulders go. Anything it does for side/rear is negligible compared to something like side cable raises, rear delt flies, lateral raises, etc...

I do in fact lift.

>gyms have dumbbells with fucktons of decimals
what gym you go to?

i have to choose from two 20s or two 25s (i.e. 10 pound jumps)

also you are wrong.

shoulder press is all i do for my side delts, and they are overdeveloped compared to my front and rear.

A really new Goodlife in Canada. They have 2.5 jumps in the DBs from 2.5s to 27.5s, then they jump 5s like any other normal gym.

>shoulder press is all i do for my side delts, and they are overdeveloped compared to my front and rear.
Lay off the test

Bench, EAT.
EAT!!!!!

You could get a spotter to give you a little boost or help you do negatives until you get over the hump.

I'm an autist with no friends

>lay off the test
all natty, i am just a young strapping lad with hella natty test, which i have no intention of laying off...

seriously, if you aren't using all three heads of the shoulder, you are pressing incorrectly.

>IDIOT'S GUIDE TO LIFTING ANY FIXED WEIGHT:

>Stick with scheme until you can complete all reps of all sets. Take 2 minute minimum rest between sets. Move up to next set/rep scheme once the previous is completed. Start with the rep scheme one below your max rep, i.e. you can do 4 reps? Start with 8x3.
>15x1
>12x2
>8x3
>6x4
>5x5
>4x6
>4x7
>3x8
>When you hit 3x8 you will easily be able to press the next bell as long as it's 10kg or under.

I doubt anyone could do 8 sets of 3 with their 4 rep maximum.

To the OP, increase your volume. I like to go heavy on OHP, then do 5x10 with dumbell overhead press. Ultimately you need volume to break plateaus. You can work around it for a while, but eventually you need to add volume. I press 135x5 at 170 btw.

DIPS
I
P
S

>if you want to get better at x don't do x just do y and z lol
Are you literally retarded?
OP you gotta fucking push yourself, don't do weights where you can do 5+ reps, warm up a little with the bar, then put on more weight, give it a little push if you can't strict press it.

Girls are weak as fuck in general, your test levels are like 1/5th at best of the low test males out there, don't sweat it, OHP gives you tri's and delts mainly and some traps too, those aren't exactly "girly muscles" any way

Hardly a girl anymore, that Crossfit slut is on some of dat dere celltech

>I doubt anyone could do 8 sets of 3 with their 4 rep maximum.

When someone can't press a 20kg bar stuff like that doesn't matter.

Additionally it's unlikely they'll be doing 8x3. What they'll likely do is:

>3/3/2/2/2/2/2/1

or similar. You stick with the scheme increasing reps until you hit 8x3.

This is an old school pre-1960s style of lifting that works very well. Have gone from 3 bodyweight pull ups to weighted 50kgs for 6x4 using this and it's how I first pressed a 44kg kettlebell before moving to barbell lifting. Though when you get to heavy weights take a deload whenever you reach a set scheme or switch programs for a month.

You'll have to find out what your limiting factor is. It could very well be your triceps, or lats. Although, since you can't even lift the bar. I'd say it's probably your entire upper body.
You'll have to do a lot of upper body work. With focus on strength.
Don't waste time on accessory exercises. Focus on compound exercises.

Pressing overhead DOES NOT only work the front deltoid. It's works ALL sides of the deltoid muscle, to a great extent. If you do not know this, please refrain from offering advice. As it makes Veeky Forums look pathetic.
I see people like you in the gym wasting time, thinking that they'll have capped deltoids from a shitty OHP and a ton of accessory work.
Get your OHP up above 70kg (FOR REPS) and you'll probably have larger shoulders than most normie gym goers.
I'm not saying accessory work is pointless. It's not. OHP is far more important, though.

I thought you said you were a grill?
Just go on Tinder and say you'll touch his penis if he spots you.
Or learn to be less of a sperg and ask somebody at the gym.

If you insist on being solo, you could also focus more on form. Focus on squeezing your muscles through the whole rep, and you can get a good workout even with lighter weights.

Or just buy some lead weights and tape them on to add smaller increments of weight.

Greg Nuckols 28 programs. Replace the 3x week bench with OHP. Do face pulls after each sessions.

Thank me later.

I am pressing 85kg at 78kg bodyweight right now.

Just do sitting dumbell OHP. Also if you cant lift 45 lbs you shouldnt be on Veeky Forums

a true curlbro

Sports stores usually sell like a skinny or hollow barbell meant to only be loaded up to 50lbs total.