Calisthenics Thread

Who here's into calisthenics?

I've got a question if anyone is interested in answering. I'd like to work on my inverted rows to keep my workout balanced, but unfortunately I have no access to anything that could be used properly for this purpose.

I was thinking about getting a dip station like pic related, but I'd also like to work up to rings in the future. I already have a pull up bar.

So I guess at some point I'd like something to do dips and inverted rows with, as well as some pull-up assistance bands so I can build up my pull-up strength while practising good form. The problem is I used to spend too much money on pointless exercise equipment when I was younger, and I'm reluctant to drop more cash on stuff. I don't have easy access to supplies to build equipment either - I live in the middle of nowhere.

Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on the sort of equipment I'm looking for?

I just use cheap gymnastics rings I got from Amazon (40 beaver bucks) to do inverted rows, just hang them from the pullup bar.

You could do dips on them too, but it's a lot harder than dips on a solid frame. So in my case I use the corner of my deck for dips.

>inverted memes

Just do pull ups. If you do have rings or whatever your asking for do them but tuck your legs in. Shits waaaaaaay harder. Inverted rows are for begginers senpai

don't listen to this idiot OP, though since you're obviously doing your research, you probably already know that inverted rows are pretty f'in useful and can be scaled like crazy

this. you have to do inverted rows just like you have to do dips

I just climb + 1-2 specific exercises after climbing workouts to balance out (l sits, leg raises, whatever)
thinking about starting a roid cycle so I can do both climbing and calisthenics 3x a week and still go swimming 2x a week

do you guys train everyday? also post your routines. right now i do push/pull

how did he lose a leg?

I'd look on amazon OP

calisthenics

So explain to me how theyre better than pullups?

horizontal pull vs vertical pull, you need both, are you retarded? do you stop doing bench press because you already do ohp?

some kind of low fence, a table(under it), you can also hang a towel from something low enough.

If you looked at my earlier post I said doing rows with your feet tucked in are way better you fucking moron

>Inverted rows
Not Australian push-ups

plebs

I have no idea why Veeky Forums hates callisthenics so much. Developing strength with barbells is pretty legit but most people here don't possess the genetics to take full advantage of a program like SS. Its great, just finished my first bulk. My lifts went up by about 20kg on average and I gained about 10% bodyfat. Pretty underwhelming progress for 6 months at 3000kcal. For most newbies, callisthenics can provide a good introduction to form, adaptation and give some early hypertrophy gains. Most of my size gains came when I started mixing in more callisthenics into my SS split.

Calisthenics use progression by changing the load of weight through pivots. In this case, inverted row is an exercise/motion, feet tucked in is just a harder level of that. Don't call others morons when you've obviously got little knowledge in the aforementioned topic. You're the one making incredibly stupid statements.

>I have no idea why Veeky Forums hates callisthenics so much.
lifting on Veeky Forums is effectively "I want to be masculine/attractive by adding muscle" and weights are the most efficient route to that so everything else is side-lined.

also the superiority-complex of some calisthenics proponents and the rivalry between calisthenics "purists" and some lifters affects it as well

I do a full body calisthenics workout 3 days a week and do good cardio the other days. I also do at least 20-30 mins cardio every day, but lighter on the days I lift.

Motorcycle accident. He has good videos, look up "homemade muscle" on youtube. Greek guy.

I have a question Veeky Forums, been doing calisthenics for almost 3 years, stopped growing after the first one, stopped doing high reps and switched to progressions, but i still don't know how to make a solid routine, and started losing consistency and motivation, what can i do?

I find Callisthenics considerably harder than lifting weights. Do others feel the same?

Only until you exhaust you newb gains lifting weights. After in intermediate stats, any days where you didn't rest or eat enough is fucking pointless. That is if you're lifting for strength.

Buy or build a dip station(buff dudes have a tutorial on how to do it cheapely)
Dips are one of the most essential exercises for pushing strength in calisthetics.

In some ways its harder (a lot more skills to learn for progression), in other ways its easier.

Growth stop is normal. Its gonna happen whether you lift weights or not. Noob gains wont last forever.
Like someone else mention push/pull is good.
Basically just do 3-5 pushing exercises and do the opposites as well. They dont have to be exact opposites. Just as long as they involve pull and push.

Progressing to certain movements can be a bitch sometimes.