OK: Close Grip Bench Is A Meme

that shit doesn't hit your triceps at all. I've literally done everything, different hand positions, different weights, suicide grip, high reps, low reps and NOTHING fucking works

literally such a fucking troll exercise. Rope pulldowns and dumbbell tricep extensions >>>> close grip bench

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S85llXmIljI?t=49
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's fine, it'd be different if it was a more integral exercise. If pulldowns and tricep extensions work better for you, stick with those.

>that shit doesn't hit your triceps at all.
ok m8 you are doing it wrong

Arnold on triceps -
>For triceps we did lots of close grip bench press

First thing he says. But yeah I'll trust you user sure. For reference I close-grip 185 for reps and it hits my triceps JUST FINE

This, you must be using your shoulders and your chest too much.
Try skull crushers for triceps isolation, they work as well

You're probably putting your hands to close together

Close grip will hit anterior deltoid and triceps hard if you aren't a fucking imbecil. Learn form then raise weight.

Honestly I don't feel overhead dumbbell extensions either. It only fucks with my elbows.
Decline barbell extensions do wonders for me though.

keep elbows tucked in (probably feel it in your shoulders more though).

that girl has literally 0 sex appeal

Dude, you know your hands can be "normal grip", its all about elbows.
Your elbows have to be close to your rib cage, like this :

youtu.be/S85llXmIljI?t=49
(00:49, he's not doing it perfectly but it was the first vid I found)

Keep your elbows tucked in the whole fucking time. Try incline pause half rep close grip. It gets my triceps great and helps a fuck ton with OHP. Try for 10-15 repa when targetting small muscles like tris and take your fucking time. Pause halfway, hold a second and let the weight fall on triceps, now extend with this tension. Bouncing will get you nowhere.

Agree.I literally yawned while watching that shit.Girls just have to be skinny and dress like hoes and they become instant models

>WEIGHTED
>DIPS

I think you guys are just waking up to the fact that the female race is in fact insectoid and all completely interchangable, boring, vulgar aesthetics also, entirely functionally built, not for beauty.

this

OK first of all, the close-grip bench press isn't a good triceps exercise because it isolates the triceps better or gives the better burn or whatever you seem to judge an exercise's effectiveness by. It's good due to the simple but extremely important reason that it's a compound exercise that allows you to work up to some seriously heavy poundages. Progression is what drives gains. And you can literally keep progressing on CGBP for years. Contrast that to rope pushdows where you'll stall hard after a month or two.

Secondly, technique does play a part. If you want your triceps to do more of the work, try to keep elbows in front of the barbell (when viewed from your feet) as you lower it. Doing this creates a moment arm that places a lot more stress on the triceps.

Lastly, and this might be semi-broscience, there's something about the bench press that makes it better and better for the triceps as you become able to handle more and more weight. It sounds a little weird, but I've actually seen a study on this once that sort of confirmed it - As the weight keeps going up, triceps activation becomes greater and greater.
When you can CGBP 2 plates for reps I promise you'll start seeing results.

It's more of a bench accessory

>you are doing it wrong (wrong form)
>you are doing it wrong (set/rep range, no pause)
>you are not yet at the point where you actually need it

Probably all three of these

i started doing close grip recently and it gives me super pump in my triceps, more than anything else

i won't say you are doing it wrong, maybe it just doesn't work for you

>female race
>race
Dipshit

who is she btw? is that allison brie? didn't she have bigger tits before?

How do I not use shoulders? I keep feeling it on my shoulders n it hurts

>Retract scapula
I'm trying but i always lose tension

mena, is that you?