I cant take the pain anymore

Help me Veeky Forums,

Today, I went to do a chinup (after warming up my neck for around 10 minutes), and when I was at the apex of the movement I felt a hard dull pain in the circled area. It was so intense I felt like I was going to black out.

Now, 2hrs later, the pain is much less but still hurts. It is a dull, throbbing pain. My neck mobility is not reduced at all and moving does not aggrevate it.

It is not a spinal pain, its symmetrical across two points on the back of my skull.

What did I do?

help

Shit this exact thing happened when I was starting out lifting. Got really dizzy and sleepy for a day. Then I was okay

Sorry user, but you might have just introduced a new blood clot into your brain. It's probably nothing for now, but you can except a stroke or aneurysm a couple months to a few years into the future.

As long as it stops hurting today I don't care famelia

do you back squat? if so stop doing that and replace it with front squat, that got rid of it for me.
is full of shit.

Had this happen to me. I had an MRI for it cuz didn't know wtf was going on. It went away after a few days.

Remember that a human head ways as much as a bowling ball and the muscles that support it can get hurt like anywhere else.

also I recommend seeing a good physical therapist, that got rid of it for my brother

Weighs*

Maybe my form was shit, I felt like I was maybe straining my head too much..

It's called an exertion headache homeboy, learn to breathe better.

>warming up neck for around 10 minutes

Why do you warm up your neck for chinups? What exactly did you do? If you swing your head around for 10 minutes of course it will hurt.

Because I've had this happen once before and I figured a lack of warmup may have been a reason, I wasn't just warming up my neck obviously but I put extra emphasis on it.

That's most likely an exertion headache, happened to me from doing squats.

Google it and if it matches your symptoms, take a complete rest from any physical exertion for a week at least, then ease back into it.

smoke some ganja friendo, near instant pain relief

Happened to me once. Fucked up my workouts for about a month and a half due to excruciating pain when I flexed my neck. You don't realize it until you have an injury but you flex your neck in every exercise.

so there are two little bones, one on the left and one on the right, called the occipital condyles. basically they help attach your spine to your skull, and they're right about there.

go get checked out or something because fracturing one of those things is major, you could be paralyzed

in all likelihood it's fine, but i broke one once and lived to tell the story so ima just go around warning people about it

your going to combust

Stop looking up doing pullups (or any other exercise). Keep your head neutral to your spine.

You guessed correct.
It's sometimes known as lifters headache. Basically you've really badly strained your traps (which insert into the lower skull) by using your neck to complete reps, happens with benching, pullups, crunches etc by using the neck too much.

The fix btw is rest for around 2-3 weeks, and making sure you never, ever use your neck to complete reps again.

And enjoy your involuntary nofap, it'll hurt immensely when you orgasm.

I used to get these all the time from simply turning my fucking head. You have small muscles that connect to your skull- you minorly pulled one of them.