Meal Prep Questions

I have been lifting for a little while (yes I read the sticky, Chad) and I have been interested in learning more about meal prep. My understanding was that you are supposed to prepare / cook a week's worth of food at once, such as Sunday evening, so that throughout the week you only have to reheat food. My dad said that this was a ridiculous idea and that the food would all be bad or stale by the end of the week. Am I misunderstanding meal prep or is my dad a DYEL-tier beta?

My general idea was:

7x
Breakfast
Protein A
Vegetable A
Carb A

7x
Lunch
Protein B
Vegetable B
Carb B

7x
Supper
Protein C
Vegetable C
Carb C

Cook all Sunday evening and put into the fridge.

I prep it every two days.
The only kind of food you should eat generally is fresh food.

>My meals are:
Huge amount of vegetables
Chicken or fish
Rice
One piece of fruit
One protien bar / trail mix
One piece of gum
Green tea / coffee / monster / gluten free beer / vodka / other teas

It doesn't matter what it tastes like (If it does season the shit out of it). It is what is in it.

Why do people insist on eating rice when potatoes are superior in every way?

> citation needed

How so?
Only thing I have been told is, it is a allergen to some people. It is a memeber of the tabbacco family. Then again rice can be too??

I suppose it depends on what you're making, as to how long it will last in the fridge, but I freeze my meals. It's like making your own TV dinners.

If you cook every day you'll get better at cooking.15 minutes is enough to cook a delicious healthy meal. The key to learning cooking is to TASTE AS YOU GO and COOL SIMPLE FOOD (at least at first)
I 3 out of 5 meals every day. Some components such as roasted peppers I prepare twice a week.
The two meals I have at work: one comes from cans (tomatoes/fish) and rice which I cook once a week. The other meal I cook on Sunday for three or four days and then on Wednesday or Thursday for two or one day. I would not keep anything longer than 4 days,
especially if it has meat in it. Otherwise it's fine if it's kept cold.

Why not Quinoa? Tastes fucking awesome and has incredibly high protein.

kek hipster
nothing beats good quality basmati rice

>so much oftener

That image's grammar is despicable

Besides the nutritional facts yeah, I guess nothing beats rice, Kek.

My fucking neck hurts from deadlifting even when I look at the ground and not in the mirror.

What the fuck? It's a really nasty feeling and it fucks up my sets.

>I love shoving greasy beef in my mouth and drinking this white liquid that CAME from this phallic organ, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO straight

-Carnists

rice has more calories than potatoes

rice > potatoes

keep your lats tight, especially at the bottom

Okay thanks lad

Your neck should follow the straight imaginary line that your back makes. It should not "stare" anywhere.

Potatoes have more vitamins, minerals, and protein per kcal.

Not sure about the nutritional value, but it's certainly more expensive.

Please elaborate.

Because I'm not about to take a plain ass potato with none of the toppings that even make it worth eating just for minimal nutrient efficiency against rice which I can cook up some peppers, mushrooms, whatever and have it be 10 times better

>want to prep my own meals
>can't cook for shit

What do?

I've always wondered this. Even white potatoes are
>tastier
>cheaper
>more satisfying, but still east to eat lots of calories if needed

i don't think food stays well for 7 days. i cook 2 times a week for a few days at a time. after a few days chicken starts to dry out and veges get all gross.

>want to get fit
>can't lift for shit

What do?

It's easy as fuck to cook chicken. Even a retard can do it.

Literally google. 100g of brown rice is 111 calories and 100g of potatoes is 77 calories

You learn, just how you learned to lift, use a computer and shitpost on a babylonian coin forging forum.

Grilling chicken is piss easy: You let it cook on a grill on high heat until it's done. You cooked it too little? You put it back and let it cook some more. You cooked it too much? It's just gonna be a little stringy.
>ffs youtube tutorials

Is there a place for recipes that people recommend?

fitmencook.com

awesome thanks

Rice is cheaper and easier to cook.

Kek
>2016 not knowing that lentil is far superior

What does Veeky Forums think of broccoli? Its protein to calorie ratio is fucking INSANE brehs.

how is it easier? you literally just put a potatoe in the oven for like 30 minutes

rice is cheaper though

Who says you have to eat super fresh food?

You can do a 7 day meal prep, the food won't go bad. However, like you said, might not be the most appealing to eat, but it will be ok.

>eating rice instead of PASTA

Pasta is superior to rice in almost every way AND it's easier to cook.

Why does Veeky Forums swear by rice when there are clearly better alternatives?

rice volume > pasta volume (if cutting ofc)

Wtf is wrong with you Gluten free beer its seems like you have too much money bro.
I also think you are eating bread/Pasta/etc. But beer has to be glutenfree...
These Kids nower days are so Damn retarded

is rice cheaper than pasta?

my nigga, lentil crock pot stew. Cheap and delicious.

>2016
>eating from plastic

its like you want more estrogen in your life, just end it now buddy.