Hey guys, I am still working on my deadlift form and have made it up to 150lbs now...

Hey guys, I am still working on my deadlift form and have made it up to 150lbs now. I am fairly happy with how it is going, I just am trying to keep my form really good with my shoulders down and back so I use a lot of my upper back in the lift and to strengthen posture muscles. That is what is most important to me so I've been working on corrective deadlifts. Let me know what you think, is my form still okay? The weight is starting to get kinda heavy for me. Yes I know im a weakling, im working on it!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=Vr4r5k5ydcY&feature=youtu.be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h3n8z1wy_SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your form looks okay, although it looks like you don't really use your legs when you start the lift. Do you?

Spine safe deadlifting:
youtu.be/h3n8z1wy_SQ

For posture just fix it through forcing good posture and the muscles will correct themelves
Weightlifting (heavy weightlifting better put) isn't a means for posture correction.

>Form video
>30 second intro
>6 minutes of bullshit
>0 reps performed
Literally why

Pull the slack out of the bar before you pull

Stuart McGill is an expert in spine health that's why you fucking summerfag

The upper back is supposed to be isometric in a properly performed deadlift, you're doing it wrong.

Yeah to push up, but probably not as much as I should. I have knee issues and i am incredibly weak and im not allowed to squat to strenghten them so deadlifts are the only way I can strengthen my legs

>Weightlifting (heavy weightlifting better put) isn't a means for posture correction.

What a dumb fucking thing to say

And how is my upper back not isometric?

Lifting isn't going to fix your posture you dumb cunt.

Better put?

if you have knee issues I wouldn't even deadlift or do barb rows, that will stress knees. If you can deadlift 150 that means you can squat with the bar ez. You can definitely do just bodysquats as well. I don't know who told you squats were bad but deadlifting is okay.

Elliot hulse disagrees. I don't see your degree faggot.

Stuart McGill my man
Look him up

Elliot hulse, look him up.

Ok I lied. I was actually told all this information by "Boardshorts". I'd recommend you speak to him.
As we're going off of what other people tell us due to their credentials please allow me to be the first to tell you that Boardshorts
Squats 5pl8
Deadlifts over 6pl8
Benches like 3.5pl8

Elliot hustle on the other hand is a weak insane black dude who believes in magic and fairy and sahib

Nice opinion there faggot, you forgot to say successful life coach that lifts double what you lift

Having a force loaded all onto your legs is different than the legs stabilizing in a deadlift.

holy shit youre on a one way train to snap city breh

Can you explain that a bit more please?

bump

bump

your form on the deficit is shit, it should be a straight line m8
also fuck hiroshimoot

what?

when you're dropping the bar back down the path should be a straight line up and down, you're bringing it in then pushing it back out, likely bending your knees too soon

You need to make your back more straight before executing the lift, and not do that hip thrust, you're suppose to naturally lock out.

Some observations:

See if you can get down more and start the pull with a lower angle of the knee. You can go as low as 90°. This will let you get more power from your hamstrings. The actual angle you'll go to will depend on your proportions and preference, but play around with it and see how it affects your pull.

Look at the angle your knees make and the angle your hips make. Right now your knees open first and your hips shoot up, then slightly later your back starts going and opening your hip angle. You want the hip angle and knee angle opening at the same time.

You lean back slightly too far on the lock out. Try just stand straight up without leaning back.

Let the bar drop in a straight line. Don't move it around your hips like you're doing. You're both pulling it towards yourself and bending your knees at the start of the deficit which causes you to have to then push the bar out around your knees.

>You lean back slightly too far on the lock out. Try just stand straight up without leaning back.

I just thought youd want to put a lot of emphasis on that part to strengthen the glutes

I appreciate the input though, my legs are retarded weak so I cant really squat the weight up, but you want me to put my butt in a lower position? And you think my hips shoot up too quick? Sorry im just a bit confused on the wording

My back is very straight actually

>is my form ok?
Constructive criticism
>no you're wrong my form is perfect
Fuck off with your blog op

Nobody ever said that, idk what world youre living in.

The only stretch you need to do is sitting down and reaching for your toes. I can reach over the bottom of my heels now.

>heavy lifting doesn't fix posture problems

lol heavy deadlifting sure as fuck does.
anyone pulling 3pl8 + at a notfatfuck weight has fine posture

Thoughts on OP's dl?

>tfw almost at 3pl8 and not fat

okay?

The bar is starting forward of your midfoot, this is not good. It's also clearly not in contact with your shins the entire time. This is also not good. Fix these two things.

youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE

This video should help.

It isnt in contact with my shins?

It didn't appear to be, though it WAS hidden behind the plates. Either way it was CLEARLY forward of you midfoot.

It actually does go down my thigh and down my shins, people here have yelled at me because it has been to close to my body. But yeah I need to bring it a little closer, probably just nervous im gonna make myself bleed or something

Like this guy points out, and to clarify, it should be in contact with your thighs too. In contact with your legs all the way up. Down is not that important if you're not lowering it really slowly like a dipshit in an poorly equipped gym.

People here keep complaining about my downward motion though, but you think it doesnt really matter? But anyways you think my biggest thing is I need to be keeping the bar closer to my shins and body? How do I stop myself from banging my knees on the way down?

Your chest should be pushed out more