Is rest day a meme? can you workout out the same muscles on day 1 and 4?

is rest day a meme? can you workout out the same muscles on day 1 and 4?

what is PPL

you can literally do PPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPL

From a scientific perspective recovery contains many elements and variables, not just the muscles themselves. Muscles recover relatively quickly, but there are other things to consider.
The most important thing in effective programming is that the total amount of stress you submit your body to fluctuates throughout the week. Having dedicated "rest days" is an easy way to accomplish this, since these days are obviously going to be a lot less stressfull than training days.
You absolutely don't have to take days completely off, as long as you make sure some of your training days are significantly easier than others. One of the biggest mistakes I see even experienced trainees make is that they try to spread out their training evenly on all days. It's only logical to want to do so, but it's wrong.

>but I do that and I'm making good progress
Maybe so, but I guarantee you'll make better progress if you don't. It's basic physiology.

Of course if all your training is relatively easy it's not really a concern at all. But if you like to push yourself, you better keep the above in mind.

>mfw rhere are natty people doing this

While I mostly agree, I think saying
>... fluctuates throughout the week
is too narrow. It's more about the recovery cycle, the length of which is based on the degree of advancement of the trainee.
Beginners make their best progress alternating maximum stress with rest, because for the first several months of training, that's a complete cycle for them.
And while a week is the recovery cycle for the vast majority of trainees, some people, especially those who are training for barbell sports, will need to think in terms of months or even seasons.

christ, I did PPLPPLx for a couple months natty and it was the worst fucking thing. I felt fine, but then something made me take 3 days of rest and holy shit I could lift so much more when I went back in after that
pls rest

I think we see eye to eye, but I still think that it's the best way to describe it without having to go into excruciating detail. Because even though the advanced trainee's microcycle is based on the cumulative effect of many training sessions, he still can't have something like 3 sessions in a row with a high workload (relatively speaking) or he'll be overreaching in no time.

ayyy

Of course, for more advanced competitive lifters deliberate overreaching to one degree or another is very much an intentional part of much of their programming.

Its knowing how far you can push it before things get ugly that's the big skill involved.

>What is PPLxPPL

you should try
heavy ppl x light ppl x

are you retarded?

PPLPPLxPPLPPLxPPLPPL

is the exact fucking same as
PPLxPPLPPLxPPLPPLxPPL

What is PPLxPPL?

Why not
>PLPxPLP?
>PLPPLPxPLPPLPx?

PPLxPPLx or you'll get overtrained.

Fucking morons, I swear...

Prolly Push PuLl imo

This
A day of rest between each "cycle"

>hurrdurr muh 7dayyy week

Is this an old pic? He looks way better in his vids.

>all these push pull meme faggots

holy shit, is it summer already?

I literally cannot do that because gym doesn't open on Sunday, so it is a retarded thing for me.

PPLxPPL = Push Pull Legs Rest Push Pull Legs

PPLPPLx = Push Pull Legs Push Pull Legs Rest

>You absolutely don't have to take days completely off

utter garbage

the problem with /fit is that everyone's a newbie who doesnt lift with any _real_ intensity. once you're oout of your first year of training, then you'll understand why resting is so important.

i'd actually go so far as to say that getting the right amount of rest is the most crtiial part of training.

and what would you suggest then mate?

>implying this is a summer thing
kys newfag

PPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPPLPP

>1 year of PPLPPLP

hello DYEL
>getting overtrained on PPLPPLx
topkek

If you cannot lift with 72 hours of recovery youre low test

>Doing PPLPPL
>Not doing CBLSA

hello DYEL

i trained 2 weeks without any rest day w atleast 1 hour intensive biking. felt exhausted but at the same time really stong idk

Yes Op rest day is a meme.
Try doing a heavy set of 5x5 for OHP then bench then squats then deadlifts all on the same day

>already
it's june retard

Bunch of no gain noobs in here. Just do a proper 3 day full body routine.

Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Power Clean/Power Snatch 5x3
Weighted Dip 3x8
Cable Row 3x8
Curl 3x8

Squat 3x5
The Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Weighted Chinup 3x8
Hanging Leg Raises 3x10
Rear Delts 3x10

If you can't do hanging leg rasies without the captains chair, weighted dips or weighted chins you have no business doing something other than a novice program.

>is rest day a meme?
no
>can you workout out the same muscles on day 1 and 4?
yes

Personally, I do a full-body high-intensity AB training (A=more emphasis on upper body), B=more emphasis on lower body), with stripping.
All muscles are triggered in each training; each training is ~100 minutes (+ 5 min cardio at the beginning and w/o core bodyweight exercises I do at home)

In a month it's
AxxBxxAxxBxxAxxBxxAxxBxxAxxBxx
10 trainings/mo (30-day)
2.333 trainings/w ( one in three weeks has three trainings )

On rest days I only do some meme stretching routine in the morning followed by planks, crunches, jack-knife crunches, and variants. Sometimes some yoga shit, usually trainings aimed at better ripping my ass apart (no homo)

Do you do anal stretches as well?

how did you guess that